1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden won't play for Doc

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoyalGuard, May 15, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden is a bad GM and a bad coach.

DaDakota and Ankara1923 like this.
  2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

As just a casual observer of the 76ers I don't understand how Doc gets most of the blame.
    Harden played like ass in that game 7.

Was Doc supposed to jump into his body and make him not be a bum on the court slipping and falling and turning the ball over?

This is a continuing pattern with Harden. Every year he comes up short and flames out and every year it's someone else's fault.

For Once I'd like to hear a report of how bad James feels for letting his teammates down and he takes a majority of the blame for not showing up and he promises to do everything in his power to not have another stinker in a critical game like that.

He's just not wired like that.

3. riko

riko Member

4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Refuse to play for Doc? Lol. The loser just got pathetic 9 pts in Game 7 and now is pretending like himself is superstar again? Why we need this bum?

Maxgx, GotGame15 and DaDakota like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Time to call in Micheal Daniel Anthony

6. i3artow i3aller

7. riko

riko Member

Funny how almost every former rivers player has ridiculed him

OremLK and BallSoHarden like this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

9. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

upload_2023-5-15_21-27-52.jpeg

Thinly disguised unauthorized use that is too similar to that dude who posts the everything is fine and the living room is on fire when he brings pizza in meme; usually posted in the late third or early fourth quarter when we are getting flamed.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Doc is not a good coach, he has lost 10 game 7s which is pathetic, he was throwing James under the bus the second he got there.

With that said, James Harden has been given what he has wanted more than any other NBA player in the history of the game that has not won a championship. I don't think there is a single player who has been given nearly everything he has asked for, and been given an insane number of talented people around him and still has not won, and is still unhappy.

He had prime Dwight, Chris Paul, KD and Westbrook with two different teams and supporting casts, Kyrie, Embiid, that is 3 MVPs and a guy who was a superstar and #1 overall pick in Kyrie. He got traded to the team of his choice, twice. How many superstar max players get to play with 3 different MVPs and still complain. He left Houston because he didnt like the coach they selected and the roster, left Brooklyn after getting everything he wanted, Morey made it work with getting PJ to Philly for him. You don't meet any of his demands because if you do he will still be upset and request to leave just like he did after we got him Westbrook. I would still welcome him back, but someone will need to put their foot down and let him know he's not making these calls anymore.

Little Bit likes this.
  11. TimDuncanDonaut

Sheed's words sting a bit more, because he's part of the coaching fraternity now.

12. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Listen, man, get it right. It was 4 stars, you're forgetting Rondo. It literally took 4 stars to win him a championship. Rivers has always been one of the most, if not most, overrated coaches in nba history lol idk how tf he keeps getting jobs

Mathloom and arabrocket like this.
  13. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Morey, Doc and Harden; all 3 simply do not have any edge in the NBA to win a championship. All 3 should be avoided by any teams.

PeterKingX likes this.
  14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

We are talking about how bad Doc Rivers is..or how bad Harden's teammates are... just like we are finding excuses for Harden's terrible in Game 7.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Austin is the bad ass in the family?

16. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Udoka wasn’t a HEAD coach he was on the staff. Nash was the Head coach I tend to think he played under him no?

17. riko

riko Member

He was on the coaching staff so he knows harden. If he didn’t want him he wouldn’t ok it as the reports suggest

18. Audioout

Audioout Member

I mean...he's not without fault but. He wasn't the MVP this year. It would have been a gentlemen's sweep this year if not for him playing out of his mind. And as for the last few years, I would blame those more on Irving than Harden. Even here, I would blame the losses on simply losing to one of the greatest teams in NBA history more than somehow him sucking.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  19. gogispade

gogispade Member

Didnt Harden want Doc back in when MDA left?

20. Asian Sensation

Of course Geeko is the first one in here to defend his ‘Picasso’.