1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I've been thinking that the Suns might go for him, especially if Durant has any say. Durant and Harden are good friends, and I don't think Harden wanted to leave the Nets.... but only did due to Kyrie. CP3 is 38 and is on 31m next season. The Suns could make it work.

2. Evans32

Evans32 Member

I get it! But I personally would rather Wemby play the 5! And I would trade Sengun and a BKN 2027 for Giddey if we landed Wemby, instead of pursuing Harden

3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

4. i3artow i3aller

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sauces

also deserves its own thread

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

the certainty makes it seem like price isn’t an issue…and it sure as hell should be for rebuilding team.

7. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Because WE are fans of the ROCKETS. Our loyalty should lie with our team and not a player for nostalgic reasons. Hakeem Olajuwon is my favorite player ever, but that does not mean that I believe we should bring Hakeem back out of retirement. We can respect and appreciate what Harden did for us when he was here and at the same time want to press forward and not backwards.

Plowman likes this.
  8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

OkC wouldn’t do that deal I don’t think

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well of course not.....unless they hire a Turkish GM.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

What rebuilding? We don't have control over our picks this season or in 2026. Technically we don't have control in 2025 either, but the situation that year isn't as bad. Our rebuild is essentially done after this draft.

11. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Man regardless of how you feel about the guy, you have to admit it takes generational greatness to be able to win 2 playoff games by yourself and STILL play so badly that he still had a bad series overall.

BMoney likes this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If Harden get signed to the Rockets, u will support him without btching right? Regardless if u disagree with upper management?

Folks sure do like using loyalty to the team as an excuse to sht on Harden, wonder how they gonna act when harden is back with us. I predict a btch fest and folks rooting for him to suck every game thread.

I on the other hand will wholeheartedly welcome him back if signed.

#2472 DatRocketFan, May 15, 2023
    Last edited: May 15, 2023
    riko likes this.
  13. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

It's not just Jalen, it's everyone. Jalen Green is one of the fastest players in the league. This team should be running similar actions to what Sacramento uses on offense. When you have a player like Harden that HAS to have the ball in his hand to be effective it will limit what Jalen Green and others can become. The ball gets sticky in James Harden's hand, and you're not able to play as fast as I'm sure coach Udoka is going to want to play. We should be utilizing our speed whenever we can, and Harden despite the assist numbers will not be able to process the game fast enough mentally for this group.

Not every player fits every system. Basketball is a system sport contrary to popular belief. Do you really think you can run everything through Harden just so we can make it to the playoffs and then magically expect the rest of the team to do things that they are not accustomed to doing in the playoffs? That's not how this works, these young guns are going to need their reps. If anything at the bare minimum this playoffs should have shown you that Harden is incapable of being the main guy on a playoff team, hell some would argue that Harden is incapable of being the #2 guy on a playoff team.

14. riko

riko Member

Philadelphia has a franchise player who has more mental fragility then even harden has man. They just can’t win with these two guys as the co stars. I love harden but in elimination games he just panicks. How do you go from 45 and 42 points in game 2 and 4 to game 6 and 7 games stinkers? It’s astonishing

#2474 riko, May 15, 2023
    Last edited: May 15, 2023
  15. riko

riko Member

It’s happening get used to it folks

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

In my opinion spending wisely in free agency should be part of the rebuilding strategy.

Corrosion likes this.
  17. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I'm never going to root against my Rockets even in spite a bone head signing of one James Harden. I will critique fairly and justly like I always do to each and every player that wears a Rockets jersey. When a player plays well I'll give them their kudos and when they play like ass I'll let it be known. Why would I root against my team ever? That makes zero sense. I'm not a Harden hater, I'm a Houston Rocket fan...

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Signing sub-par "stars" and vets is not spending wisely. We would be essentially be a lottery team without picks or worse, treading mediocrity like the RA days. Our rebuild window has always been until 2024. After that, we can either make the risky decisions needed to try and win or punt away seasons 24-26 and hope our players 1) turn into stars / superstars and 2) don't leave the team for greener pastures.

19. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

if the rockets are completely set on signing a high price free agent, and the options are harden FVV and middleton.....ya sign harden

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I am assuming that ran all of this by Udoka before hiring him.