1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You as a fan are pathetic if you want Harden back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, May 14, 2023.

1. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

It’s the fans that just get their basketball knowledge from 2K that want him back.

makes no sense to me that anyone would think Harden can be a key piece in a championship team in this point of his career. Dude consistently proves otherwise.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  2. invocux

invocux Member

We need a point guard that is in his prime or Scoot. Not an injury prone player (CP3) or an old choke artist.

3. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Title seems kind of harsh. …

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

literally nobody thinks that. its folks that know nothing like you who assume that and dont understand the actual process. casuals keep bringing up this championship nonsense talk. even a little kid understands the rockets are no where near that.

HD729 likes this.
  5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

LOL you think we are making the championships in the next 3-4 years with or without Harden?

6. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Did I ever say that? No.

Isn't the goal of building a team to build a championship contender? Especially if we land Wemby. Our goal should be to build around this youth and start building towards that and hope that some of this young talent develops and lives up to potential. How does Harden contribute to that at all at this point in his career?

7. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Please explain the positives that signing Harden has on this "actual process" since you understand it so well.

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Harden will at least get our team to the play-in, meaning playoffs experience. He can show Green and TyTy how to easily dissect defenses with playmaking. Look at the FA market. What 2nd tier star or pu pu platter of vets is going to get us into the playoffs? Answer is none of them.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe, but when I see a Rockets fan that actively wants Harden back at the max, it tells me that people could probably get them to watch while you slept with their wife/GF/SO

Lurch likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

for one you seem to be under this false impression you go from worst team in the league to contender overnight. Nonsense. You're also under this impression that you just lets these kids run around without a significant impact player that that literally proven his teams go into the playoffs. also nonsense.

The end game was/is never about a title or some delusional deep playoff run. It's the developmental reps and getting these guys to play in meaningful games if they’re fighting for the play-in. harden absolutely does that when he by credible reports wants to be here and we already know these kids have a relationship with him and actually spent time playing together in the offseason.

Folks literally are whining about development and have this much trouble understanding an elite playmaker doesn't help with that is just mind boggling. That's one of the biggest black holes of this current team.

larsv8 likes this.
  11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

But Hardhead is not a PG. He is a SG who plays PG. That's his problem. That's why he will never win it all no matter where he goes. Couple that with his streetwalker addiction and you have a recipe for more disappointment. Stop trying to make him what he is not.

12. TimDuncanDonaut

Are you saying Harden is not a point guard? o_O I dunno what to say man.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He's not. He is a star SG who needs a floor general type of PG to play next to him.

14. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Will he thought?

What has he ever shown that makes you think he wants to take on the roll of a leader and develop young guys?

Signs of his lack of leadership go all the way back to the elimination game against the Clippers when he sat on the bench pouting while Josh Smith brought us back.

He quit on the Rockets when he forced the trade to Brooklyn, he quit on Brooklyn when he realized he couldn’t count on Kyrie, and he quit on the Sixers yesterday and had an abysmal game.

Do you really think he’s going to come here and be at his best knowing that the play in game is the ceiling?

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

LMFAO still dying on this hill. This is why I love being on the opposite end because as usual we have folks who clearly don't know a damn thing giving their two shitts opinion

Harden isn't a pg. hahhaahahahhaha

I always find comfort on being on the other side of the usual dumb posters I laugh at. same ones that loved westbrick. same ones who loved melo. same ones who thought signing scrubs like ennis, mcw were great. same ones who thought these last couple of years the rockets were a play in team. same ones who took the over and the win total and claimed it was just easy money. oh it just goes on and on.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yall take this stuff too personally.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The narratives...jesus..it's like trying to have a conversation with a hot take.

We are the worst team in the league....we don't need him at his best. Or to will us through some second round matchup with his leadership.

18. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

You keep saying these things that I 'think' that I've never said or even acted like I believe.

There are moves out there that can get us to this point that are a better option than a significantly declining, past his prime super star that has a history of questionable leadership and falling apart in big moments.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

you literally posted about it.

here we go again with the there are other moves. If so, let us know about them without being delusional and it not being some genie in a bottle wish

his history literally shows his teams go into the playoffs every single year. last i checked thats one of the main goals of the next step in a full rebuild on a team full of kids who are about to add another one

#119 YOLO, May 15, 2023
    Last edited: May 15, 2023
  20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

What are these moves out there?!