1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Expectations for the rest of the season.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Agent27, Jul 30, 2004.

?

How will the Astros finish the season

1. Astros come back and win the wild card

17 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. Astros fall a game or two short of the wild card

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Astros stay where they are (5-6 gams back)

15 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. Astros lose ground and finish 7+ games out of the wild card

13 vote(s)
    27.1%
  1. Agent27

Agent27 Member

Considering how many people on this board believe are still optimistic about the Astros, those who think their done, and those who alternate between the two, I thought I'd post a poll to see who thinks what?

2. Chump

Chump Member

stick a fork in them

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

If the starting pitching doesn't get healthy, and the bullpen doesn't get stabalized, I think its hard to have any hope of catching the WC.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i have no idea, frankly.

speaking objectively, though...i certainly wouldn't bet on them.

5. Fatty FatBastard

I sure as hell would bet on them if the odds were right, but not straight up, to make the playoffs.

Anyone know what the current vegas odds are of the Astro's making the playoffs?

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Not sure about the playoffs, but to win it all, it was 50/1, about the same as the Marlins at this time last year.

7. fya

fya Member

Another wasted year. They're done.

8. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

echo

9. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

I'm a fan of the Astros win or lose, but I would love to see them get swept by the Reds just to give management a cold hard slap in the face for sitting on their hands while this team ran in place dreaming about something that's not going to happen and for not moving anyone in that foresight. Management and McLane deserve to lose this year and every year for that matter.

10. fya

fya Member

Mclane needs to sell the team........Matress Mac said he would highly interested.

11. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

I would shoot Mattress Mac if he bought the Astros.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I think the investors who would actually loan him the money to buy the Astros deserve the shooting.

How is he going to pay them back... with a deluxe sleeper set? Or one of those cool-looking fold-out couches?

Besides... Mac is already indebbted to the renovations he made at Westside (building that stadium), as well as the renovations he made to his store.

He's well off... but his net worth doesn't cover the price of a professional sports team.

13. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

you know that song F-the police? well change police to ASTROS..

14. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

does matress mac have other major ventures? I've always wondered that.. or does he make that much money off that one store

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

well... his Derby horse didn't come thru, so strike that as a failed investment.

I'm sure he's made the majority of his money off that store... and parlayed that, with some financing, to buy Westside and refurbish it.

Other than that, I don't know of any other major ventures... unless he's actually the secret furniture mafia don, with ties to illegal gambling, strip clubs, and loan sharking (hell... I bet he even got the idea for a racehorse from Sopranos).