1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Insiders from other forums.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Jun 20, 2011.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Even more than the history of his miss rate, this is the biggest giveaway. Insiders don't have info regarding 30 players at once. The dude sounds like WOJ on the eve of free agency.

BaselineFade, Reeko and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Unsurprisingly the KPJ IS THE DEVIL CLUB jumps front and center even to bogus news!! Watching them high five and use the biggest, boldest font to push the vibe is just LMAO stuff! Nice job guys!

Newsflash and super hot insider scoop for all the GMs in training and semi pro analysts --- EVERYONE IS AVAILABLE! You think this team is passing up the opportunity to land a legitimate top 10 player to hold onto guys like Tari Eason, Jabari Smith Jr or Sengun? What the F did you think the tank was all about? Amass names with high draft pick and "projections" attached to them and sell off that hope to another franchise when their 'star' wants out. A tale as old as time.

Its why these unhealthy attachments to individual players on literally worst team in the league situations are cringe. You telling me we could get Giannis, Embiid, Brown or a combo of the guys in this fantasy discussion for any of our current players and picks and there would be pushback? Get it together fellas - in this completely fabricated story Stone is about to go shopping!! :D

[​IMG]

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Meh.

The Rockets have had interest in Suggs since the draft, and have been pretty consistent in wanting him since then. Orlando wants to move him but the asking price is a little high right now. A lot of fans for the Rockets would be down on adding Suggs - but he would be an immediate improvement for the Rockets, and a good fit because he is on pace to be a defensive stopper like Marcus Smart.

Milwaukee is discussing everything with the loss in round 1, and have SERIOUS financial issues coming up. I don't see Middleton back and if a team like the Rockets make a strong long term offer for Lopez - he is likely gone as well. The issue is that likely means the writing is on the wall for Giannis, who has not signed the extension.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Milwaukee doesn't have any draft picks though, they are all owed to NO until 2028 - i don't think they have any choice but to overpay for those guys.

luckyman76 and Nook like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

When people think about trading Green, Sengun and Bari, the times where it's reasonable is when a disgruntled legit superstar asks for a trade.

There is a possibility guys like Embid, Luka or Giannis might demand leaving their teams in the next couple of years. Those are the guys you hold out for if you want to trade one of our pieces. Obviously those guys are too good to just trade one, but if those guys are available we could package multiple parts of our core for one of these guys. That's when these type of trade discussions are reasonable.

Little Bit likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun straight up for any one of those guys. discuss

fchowd0311 likes this.
  7. OremLK

OremLK Member

The asking price on Suggs could change in a hurry if Orlando picks Scoot, Amen Thompson, Anthony Black, really any of the top point guard prospects.

Not sure I see Suggs as more than an okay backup at this point. He's still young though.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Doubt it’s possible but adding Harden, Middleton and Lopez through some shifty sign and trade salary maneuvering would put us on track to compete

Sengun/Lopez
    Jabari/Tari
    Middleton/Tari
    Green
    Harden
    Draft pick

That’s a strong rotation.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

They wish.

But I'd consider this.

[​IMG]

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I honestly haven't seen Suggs play much, but if he's got Marcus Smart "D", then I'd take him in a heartbeat. Because our players can't even spell defense. AND I HATE BAD DEFENSE.

I hadn't realized Giannis has not yet signed the extension. Yeah, Middleton is injured far too often and likely gone.

Mathloom and Nook like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think anything is imminent or else we would have heard about it and not just through the grape vines.

Of course the asking price would be high as the Rockets are a direct rebuilding rival, albeit in another Conference.

The one who rebuilds better has bragging rights.

13. Ancient Moabite

How dare you put the self proclaimed head honcho in a deal without even receiving a all star/MVP caliber player in return, especially according to his water boy he is by far the best guard on the team

Just having a Richard Pryor moment

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

"just cut him" - Givony

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jalen Suggs is Mudiay to me so far

if anyone should be getting early bust talk, it’s him

16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KPJ isn't going anywhere, Again, the Rockets are more than happy with him. He'll be our 2 IF Jalen is dealt. (and JG has A LOT of value)

I absolutely want nothing to do wiith Collins or Middleton.

Suggs DOES interest me.

Also, I disagree vehemently wiith accelerating the rebuild TOO quickly.

NO SUPERFRIENDS BS!

BaselineFade likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Agreed - but they are concerned about locking up two 30 year olds long term when Giannis can opt out.

They are in a real trick box financially and otherwise.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

lol

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  19. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

i thought he was gonna be really good.... i missed on him...he can still be a decent player...but for sure is disappointing where he was drafted - Toronto needs props for passing on the consensus top 4 pick for Scotty Barns

Reeko likes this.
  20. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

i thought he was gonna be really good.... i missed on him...he can still be a decent player...but for sure is disappointing where he was drafted - Toronto needs props for passing on the consensus top 4 pick for Scotty Barns