1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TILMAN LOVES KPJ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Apr 26, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We got to let Kobe rest in peace and not in this constant state of snake mentality.

[​IMG]

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Im stuck at work and it turns out my 7 and 10 year old son want to go see him. My wife barely missed him but he's making multiple stops.

KPJ stays marketing getting the bag year round. He's more H than Gerald Green.

maj21, Invisible Fan, Salvy and 2 others like this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

4. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

He's our best player & also reliable in clutch situations. Him & Jalen are interchangeable as our best players

maj21 likes this.
  5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

LOL! That's not a good enough best player regardless, so even if what you say is true we have interchangeable duplication.

Are you trading the 23 year old who costs $18m or the 21 year old who costs half that and has had 50% less time to develop? Are you going with the guy who you claim is reliable in the clutch or with the guy who averages 8 more points on 10% better FG% per 100 clutch possessions?

Be logical guys, I don't get why these emotional statements. Think about what you're doing, you're just parsing two random opinions together and jumping to an illogical conclusion. Might as well have skipped the opinions and just made the illogical statement, same thing.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

lol

Believe It! likes this.
  7. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

People say Green and Smith will play better now that Udoka is here … Why can’t KPJ who objectively had a better season than both?

I don’t even like KPJ as our PG but I’d like to see him get a chance unless we can trade him for a clear playmaking upgrade.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Why people keep saying KPJ is not a real point guard:
    • He ranked just 33rd in the league in assists per 100 possessions--not even in the top 30. This places him behind such luminaries as a 36-year-old Goran Dragic (love you Gogi), Corey Joseph, Talen Horton-Tucker, and Markelle Fultz. The only reason his assists per game numbers look respectable is because his usage was so ridiculously high for a guy with his lack of playmaking ability (aka he's a ballhog).
    • Simultaneously, he ranked 13th worst in the league on turnover rate per 100 possessions.
    • His assist percentage, or the percentage of plays where he generated an assist while on the floor, also ranked 38th in the league, or third worst among all players who started at least 50 games at point guard this season.
    • His ranking by number of secondary assists (hockey assists) is really where you start to see a sobering story: KPJ ranked just 67th in the league despite being a high-usage starting point guard.
    • Before you jump to blame his teammates for not being able to put the ball in the bucket, recognize that on potential assist opportunities created, KPJ ranked 28th in the league. He wasn't dishing a bunch of bricked shots, he simply wasn't creating FG opportunities at a high clip in the first place--and that's before you even factor in his low-quality passing that rarely hit guys while open and in rhythm to shoot.
    It is time to give up on the KPJ at point guard experiment one way or another. If you want to argue that he has higher upside as a shooting guard than Jalen Green, that's another topic entirely, but I respectfully request that you go watch some f***ing game tape of their possessions for a few hours and come back and tell me that with a straight face. The physical tools are just not even remotely close. You're talking about a generational, A+ athlete versus a pretty good B- athlete. It's just total nonsense from an eye test perspective and immediately makes me think you weren't even watching the games this season.

9. MystikArkitect

He might, I just dont see how. Sengun, Jabari, and Green all have elite skills that can be worked on. KPj just doesn't. He's above average at best in a lot of regards but elite at nothing. Now if he was a 3 and D SF or SG that would be fine but he's not. He's a pseudo PG and you can't have someone with his incredibly limited toolkit being the QB of the team.

In Udoka I trust though and maybe he'll figure out how to do what Silas couldn't. KPj could work in a pesky Marcus Smart/Alvarado type of role.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The problem is not with KPJ between the ears but the people judging him......between their ears.

Bunch of headless chickens who don't understand that basically KPJ was given the ball and told to beat the other team's defense on his own....and he did it, quite often....that is a major skill.

Imagine what will happen if you add a system.....to that skill....yup...all star.

And when that happens I will be hammering crow down many people's throats with my wrinkly JOHNSON !!!

DD

#130 DaDakota, Apr 30, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
    Plowman, PatBev and maj21 like this.
  11. maj21

maj21 Member

Ime is not gonna put up with any bs. KPJ will either sink or swim.

Denovo, AroundTheWorld and PatBev like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol.

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Our Guards don't play enough D for us to be winners. KPJ is ball stopper and doesn't play well without the ball in his hands. We need to include him and Jalen Green in a trade for Jaylen Brown if we get the number 1 pick.

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

KPJ’s biggest dickrider showed up and as usual, accuses people who disagree as idiots despite preaching fan positivity and unity previously. No surprise there from a two faced hack.

People’s views on KPJ has very little to do with the lack of coaching which we all understand happened last few years, but more so on KPJ’s completely inability to understand fundamental concepts of playmaking. Take the PnR for example which is quite literally the most basic play and look at how often he ****ed it up. He would consistently dribble back into coverage, undercut his own roll man, or worse do nothing except stay there dribbling. This has nothing to do with not having an offensive system and everything to do with KPJ not understanding how to anticipate options play out. He is purely reacting. Jalen became more adept in a single season at running the PnR than KPJ. Now, would having an offensive system to crutch on help? Yes, because it simplifies things for our single brain cell wannabe PG but it will not change the fact that KPJ is a **** playmaker and that other options need to be explored desperately.

Losmi_34 and Believe It! like this.
  15. DaDakota

That will change with Ime either they play D or they sit, they weren't incapable of it, the just weren't held accountable for not playing it.

KPJ led the team in steals he is a plus defender when he wants to be and Green has made massive strides, they both can play it, they just needed a coach who made sure they were.

DD

16. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

You're hilarious.

Getting so emotional over your boy.

"Headless Chickens" name calling and a load of ish from you is priceless. What are you crying about? That I said that Udoka may be the only one able to get through to Porter in his 5th year or me calling you out on your BS premature takes about our 1st and 2nd year players?

Once again you think you're smarter than everyone else in the room. You talk about people judging players, yet you conclude our 19 and 20 yr old lottery picks are blah blah blah.

You should probably get over yourself and stick with the wrinkled D. It can't tell you how stupid you are.

17. DaDakota

Another disengenious post, he cost 16m, and Jalen's extension is coming and it will be in the 30s, KPJ is cheaper....and better.

DD

18. DaDakota

I am smarter than everyone in the room........the cream always rises.....I am trying my best to drag the moronic base forward and see the truth, it is like being a hall of fame poster and seeing the field before everyone else does....that is me....it is a burden but I am determined to help you and others see - maybe we can get you some Chroma glasses to help you?

Or, maybe you should read my last post and the paragraph above and realize my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek.

You choose.

Kudos to @daywalker02 for catching on right away.

DD

PS. I am not smarter than everyone in the room, just you @Believe It!

;)

Plowman likes this.
  19. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

How many meds are you on?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

When Ime came out and had positive things to say about KPJ a good portion of the haters had to sit on their hands in the corner. It was obvious they would start to lash out any moment they could! My biggest kick is to hear them say "well if anyone can get something out of KPJ it will be Udoka" LMAO! Im giddy with excitement /s looking ahead and imagining the egos who said "no development" throw the compliments at the coach to avoid ever saying anything remotely positive about this kid if he plays well.

DaDakota likes this.