1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nick Caserio - Next GM

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Jan 5, 2021.

?

How you feel?

1. I love

26 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. I hate

84 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. meh

69 vote(s)
    28.8%
  4. I don't know

61 vote(s)
    25.4%
  1. Agent94

Agent94 Member

He traded up again. How many times have they done this? A team this devoid of talent needs to be making more draft picks, not less. He gave away two picks to go from 65 to 62.

Pbev99 likes this.
  2. liveguy

liveguy Member

Exactly.

Some of these mofos here to complain, only.

GTFOH if you don't like it that damn much!

Apply and do the job better if you so damn smart.

Rockets FTW and Zen Tabak like this.
  3. conquistador#11

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I’m Caserio we trust!!

#BDN

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You know what other teams are going to do?Teams haven’t intelligence on each other. They know needs. The Texans are not worried about this picks. $135 million in cap space next season

whag00 likes this.
  6. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I haven’t read this entire thread, so sorry if it is duplication. But has anyone else thought that maybe casserio is on the hot seat, so maybe he doesn’t really care about overpaying with future picks. Seems like all this trading up business feels iffy generally. Not commenting on the specific players, but the conceptual approach in this draft.

charlieaustin likes this.
  7. liveguy

liveguy Member

What approach do you speak of?

He took players to fill in positions of need.

Was he supposed to do something else?

ROXRAN likes this.
  8. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

trading up aggressively throughout the draft. Most glaring is the overpay on will Anderson. I like the player, hate the value.

If he hits on all these trade up picks, I guess that’s fine. But overall, it feels like buying on credit card with a very high interest rate.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um...look what the Panthers gave up to go to #1. Teams always over play to go into the top 3. Gave up a 1 and 2 (basically). No big deal. Why? $135 million in cap in 2024. I would rather trade up for Quality and draft for Quantity.

10. liveguy

liveguy Member

Caserio (for the most part) does good on mid round picks.

He took more defense and o-line than anything, which the team needs, so he did what DeMeco asked for, plus got the QB ownership asked for.

I don't think he did anything wrong and have no real opinion until we see them play at the NFL level, but I def was not mad at being aggressive for once.

Texans are usually passive in drafts.

All things considered, Caserio actually did a good job and most “experts” will say as much.

People are going to be even happier once they pick up some additional solid free agents of note.

Stroud needs to buckle down for the next 4 months, learn that play book/verbiage and get ready because the expectations are high.

11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I can see the vision. Hope it all come together.

12. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Did you see the quote earlier?

13. liveguy

liveguy Member

All I know is the McNairs wouldn't have been happy with no QB at all and they didn't want to chance not getting a top tier guy.

With all the trade movement in round one, who knows what would happened if the Texans took Anderson at pick 2 instead of Stroud.

At this point, the hair splitting is whatever to me…

My point was that Caserio did his job with no complaints from damn near anyone.

They got their QB and most of the fanbase is happy with it, so it it is what it is.

Sooty and cmoak1982 like this.
  14. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Team has lack of talent. Late picks don't really net that talent so I am ok with them moving up to get 1 player that they love. I think tecans have seen over the years players getting picked a few spots before them, so I am glad they are being aggressive

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Nick & Demeco kicked ass this year. I loved their draft. Hopefully it’s only the beginning

16. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I thought Nick and Demeco hit it out of the park, It appears they were targeting kids with a "motor" as well as kids who were Captains on their team. They might not have been the most accomplished but they bring a grit that Cap wants in his team............he wants the dawgs and I could not be happier with what they did, did we give up a bunch, yes, but I think the return will be well worth it, it sucks that it takes a year or two to see how everyone pans out but the draft itself was an A+ in my book.................I went from thinking this could be a 5-6 team to one that can get to .500 next year and then bring on some FA`s

conquistador#11 likes this.
  17. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

Only thing I disliked was giving up our 1st next year. Would be amazing to get Harrison Jr. as our alpha WR1 to re-unite with Stroud, but without that pick now seems unlikely. But I understand the move, DeMeco wanted his dude to lead our defense, and Anderson seems legit!

Still a chance Cleveland is awful and we get a premium pick though - their division will be extremely tough this year! I honestly think we could have a better record than them this year.

Guess time will tell!

Qan and conquistador#11 like this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I dont get it, Texans traded a 6th and a 7th round for a 2nd round so you prefer the texans drafted 2 7th rounders (who may get cut in september), instead of drafting one in the 2nd round, that may have get picked before by other team, people always complained in past drafts that the teams leapfrogged the Texans in players that the Texans wanted.
    Also the Texans picked 9 players, its not like the Texans didnt get too many players.
    Its better to draft quality over quantity.

So you would have traded a 2nd round pick for 5 picks in the 7th round? Because the Texans need more picks!