1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We all need to eat a little crow

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

So you laughed at the Ime hire? Why is that a bad hire in your opinion since youve been laughing the last 6 years. Guess the last couple drafys have been trash too. Were you laughing? Did you laugh at the practice facility confirmation too? I guess it is easier to hate than appreciate someone changing their ways. I already said I didnt care for much of what Tilman was doing until this offseason and now can appreciate the plan that has been implemented.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ime was my first choice doesn’t mean you pop champagne and act like the last 6 years was erased per folks like you. He’s literally done next to nothing besides walk into Toyota center. Premature at its finest on cf’s by tilman bootlickers

nah it’s just easier to laugh. Hating is relative. Yeah I hate shitty owners. You love them. That’s a you problem

clos4life likes this.
  3. Scarface281

Yeah he inherited a pretty good team and made a trade the star player wanted which ended the run, but you imply you have more knowledge on that situation and I "dont know what I'm talking about". The tank job was what it was and aided by that star (who wants to be back). Now they got the hottest coach with one of the youngest talented team in the league. For me this moves him into the incomplete category as an owner because they could have easily gone cheap with Vogel or kept Silas around. Spending the money on Ime, along with other salary spending done that @carl_herrera pointed out is a good sign IMO. you dont have to like it now but you will

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

It’s not implying. It’s a fact. A topic that’s been discussed to death for years and you’re still spinning this alternative reality. Nah doesn’t work that way

clos4life likes this.
  5. Scarface281

So Harden didnt want Westbrook traded to Houston?

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

The crow is not helpful. We all need to eat a little Landry's.

daywalker02 and BigShasta like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

When morey told him the deal wasn’t happening he literally said he was fine with it

jummy butler was the real big 3 houston wanted that summer. But we all know he wanted his own team

clos4life likes this.
  8. Scarface281

Okay so what do you say to stories like this:

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/07/2...wanting-russell-westbrooks-trade-to-get-done/

but I dont know what I'm talking about... Harden could have fought for CP3 to stay

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

I say this. Yeah you don’t known wtf you’re talking about. Oh things weren’t straight forward? Shocking. Maybe that’s bc common sense tells people like morey didn’t want westbrick. The opposite of efficiency. Duh

clos4life likes this.
  10. Scarface281

But Harden could have asked for CP3 to stay. He was enthusiastic about the trade for obvious reasons. Morey literally consulted with Harden

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

And completely missing your alternative reality of who literally is responsible in all this. That’s where it’s a you problem

clos4life likes this.
  12. Scarface281

You dont need to keep projecting yourself every response.

No one said Tilman didnt play a part. What was said is Harden also approved of it which is why Morey talked to him. The tank job went through on an aging team and now the future is bright.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nah he didn’t. He literally said he was fine with it not happening. Then the idiot proceeded to overrule everyone and did it anyway which he admitted publicly like the dummy he is. The last 3 years was a direct product of tilman. Where the rockets were was forced because he derailed this franchise ever since he got here and put it in overdrive during the summer of westbrick. Like I said I’ll continue to laugh at this fraud. He deserves every bit of it. He showed what type of owner he was going to be when he was gifted a 65 win perennial contender and derailed it in record time. It didn’t need the full last 6 years to realize he was going to be shitty. Saw that coming already within a few disaster off-season and seasons of it

#93 YOLO, Apr 29, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2023
    clos4life likes this.
  14. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

I just want to state for the record that as a Rockets fan, I've been eating **** for the past 3 years and I have no appetite for crow, thank you.

Please do well in free agency, thank you.

Plowman and clos4life like this.
  15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Mistuh Fertitta

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Tilman has been a disaster, that isn't really debatable, but the guy is free to stop being a disaster at any time.

I will certainly give him credit for letting Stone bottom out and execute a good long term plan.

- A huge investment in a state of the art practice facility would go a long way.
    - Another very easy thing to do would be to get his dipshit son out of the front office.

clos4life likes this.
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Give credit to where credit is due. tilman probably learnt from his previous mistake of personally dismantling a championship caliber team due to his meddling while talking about it nonstop to the public, receiving the scorn of folks.

He's now wisen up and is now doing things behind yes mans and fall guys. Tilman still has a huge hand in the the direction of our franchise, he's now not in your face braggin about it.

Progress.

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

Fertits has an awful track record as an owner. Literally. The only things he has done right is bottom out after dismantling a contender to get good picks for players like Green/Sengun, hire Ime, and build a $70 million practice facility.

I hope he has turned the corner but he is not worthy of praise yet, maybe in time he can be like Crane, but until then all he has earned is cautious optimism at best.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The Rockets are a multibillion dollar franchise, of course he is going to have a huge hand in it. All owners do. It’s simply a question of how much he trusts the people he hired. And Patrick, I heard he’s been a big help too! ;)

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

#Pray4Victor #EatAtLandrys

clos4life likes this.