1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jake Fischer: Rockets have discussed Jalen Green trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Apr 28, 2023.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Are we trying to make the playoffs next year or not? What’s with the mixed messages? This team as constructed isn’t even making a playin.

People need to remember this isn’t the Houston Greens. I love Jalen but if we can trade him for a franchise player then I’m sorry, bye.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

his value is definitely not at its peak…if he were to blow up in year 3, he would have way more value than he currently does at the moment, and year 3 is when u typically see a noticeable bump in play from a young prospect

Dobbizzle, i3artow i3aller and Nook like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You have to realize that to them, they don't see a low efficiency SG who is one of the worst defensive players in the league when they see Green....when they look at him, they see a combination of Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, and God....but better than all 3.

So of course they would freak out if Jalen was traded for an actual star player....but Rockets fans shouldn't.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

Lol imagine us really trying to expedite phase 2 for a guy like Brown by trading your brightest young star. Ime did mention he’s here to speed up the development process so one way to do that is just trade em I guess

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We will DEFINITELY make the playoffs next year. . . well depending on the draft pick

Let Ime Cook!

Rocket River

6. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah, my guess is that he LOST his sources or didn't get enough information and began to speculate.

Broussard did that too........ he got information from LBJ for a short period of time, but he didn't handle that situation and started making **** up.

i3artow i3aller, Reeko and topfive like this.
  7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Oh Gawd.. now the wannabe Wojs are spitting out **** and folks on here runnin with it and bickering .. Gonna be a long couple weeks leading up to the draft.. Sigh

topfive and YOLO like this.
  8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

The point of tanking to get such a high pick was that at this level, the player you pick should have the kind of talent that doesn't seriously go on the market because you can't get fair compensation for him. The player should become available in trade only if he's irretrievably unhappy.

If you're talking about trading the player two years later, you f---ed up the pick.

sydmill likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They weren't talking about trading their brightest young star, they were talking about trading Jalen Green.

10. Asian Sensation

Brown >>>>>>>>>> Green will ever be.

bye bye femme boi

NewAge likes this.
  11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

A complete lie ! They would not trade uur best player !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y

12. MystikArkitect

Name a franchise player you'd trade Green for.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wait, is there a guy who is an actual franchise quality player you WOULDN'T trade Green for?

The Rockets currently don't have a franchise player because they don't have any players good enough to be considered one. A legitimate franchise caliber player is inherently A LOT better than Green.

Rocket River and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ant, Fox, Tatum, J. Brown, Ja, Luka

apollo33 likes this.
  15. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

If this is legit... Stone's a FN moron.

DeBeards likes this.
  16. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Proposed roster:
    Jaylen Brown
    Jalen Green
    Derrick White
    Cam Reddish
    RaiQuan Gray
    Mason Plumlee

Coach: Adam Silver

17. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

If this is legit... Stone's a FN moron.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Need some Anthony Black in there

Plumlee is a reach

Deckard, napalm06 and Will like this.
  19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Not really. Green is in a weird spot because he has shown flashes of really good but also flashes of pretty bad. He can still be sold on potential even after two years to other teams.

But once the mystery box opens after the third year and Green is still shooting at his efficiency with subpar defense, he will lose all values as a trade piece.

If he is part of a package for Brown, both Rockets and Boston are making a gamble.

20. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

If the asset didn’t want to get traded, he would have shown up at the introductory press conference.