1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Texans HAVE to draft Bryce Young

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/...ryce-young-biggest-question-carolina-panthers

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

3. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Not only do we NOT have to choose Bryce Young, he might already be gone. I'd probably take him with 1-12.

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

5 guys in the history of the NFL is not a glowing recommendation and among all of those Young is still probably the smallest. Mike Vick was 6 feet and weighed almost 220 lbs of rock solid muscle running a 4.3 with a howitzer for an arm. I cant follow you guys down this path of blind support knowing what I know about the sport based on "processing ability".

This is a violent league - there is good reason why slight frames are not long for the job especially the ones that take the most punishment.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I hope Carolina is listening to you.

Fulgore likes this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I'll do my best not to bump these discussions in the future if Bryce is our guy and he gets his reality blasted every Sunday because players from the Lingerie Football League are bigger than him.

7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

You are more than welcome to do that. I understand the injury risk. I’m just tired of watching prototypical QBs bust on our team. That’s a risk I’ve seen come true time and time again. At least if Bryce gets hurt, we will have had good football until then. I won’t blame a GM for an injury. I will blame a GM for getting an underwear Olympics champion when 2 years later he still throws into triple coverage and misses the target…

Wattafan likes this.
  8. Jayded

Jayded Member

Folks, Sal Paolantonio spent yesterday with the Panthers and with Frank Reich literally moments after Tepper walked out of his office. When pushed this morning as to how those conversations went and his conjecture on what he's seen and heard, he said Bryce Young is 99.9% the pick. That ship has sailed for us.

red5rocket likes this.
  9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

If Vick was 6ft it was barely and 220lbs? Doubt it. So he’s what an inch taller? Those five guys I named proves that it’s possible is all I’m saying. My personal favorites were Vick & Theismann who both claimed to be 6ft ironically but those dudes were tiny as hell.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

That ship sailed when Caserio didn’t instruct Lovie to sit the best players for the last game so the Texans could get the top pick. They blew it just like they blew last year’s top pick on an injured cornerback instead of drafting an All- Pro at the same position.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Ok

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yep. It's Texans incompetence and it starts from Cal but Nick has been incompetent as well. Hopefully DeMeco is where the incompetence ends and he can right the ship.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Shut 'er down. I've moved on. I'm more than happy with Stroud and Anderson.

14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Lock this trash azz thread up!!

15. thedude077

thedude077 Member

The dude is 4 feet tall. Come on now, you can't win with a hobbit as your QB. I'm glad he didn't went to the Texans. He wasn't even a 1st pick worthy. Close this thread already. Yawn

Gimmmethemike likes this.
  16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Glad we didnt waste a pick on him! I had a 3rd round grade on him myself.

Fulgore likes this.
  17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Cmon man.

18. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Glad we didn’t draft this midget! Close this thread now! We got the best QB in the draft in Stroud!

19. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Sorry, there isnt a sarcasm font. Was making a joke about another poster. I wanted BY.

MadMax likes this.
  20. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

If Caserio had just forfeited, he'd be fined.