1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC First Round] (1)Milwaukee vs. (8)Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 14, 2023.

?

(1)Milwaukee Bucks vs. (8)Miami Heat

Poll closed Apr 17, 2023.
  1. Bucks in 4

21.1%
  2. Bucks in 5

42.1%
  3. Bucks in 6

21.1%
  4. Bucks in 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Heat in 7

5.3%
  6. Heat in 6

5.3%
  7. Heat in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Heat in 4

5.3%
  1. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

It’s the most embarrassing series loss by a superstar in nba history, no? It has to impact his legacy plenty especially since his ring was a result of injury and not anything they did

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

the reverse Dirk lol. Dirk got embarrassed by the Baron Davis Warriors before winning a ring

ramotadab likes this.
  3. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

Heat in Five had 0 votes

TexasTofu, Ningauble and ramotadab like this.
  4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

It’s the most embarrassing series loss by a superstar in nba history, no? It has to impact his legacy plenty especially since his ring was a result of injury and not anything they did
    oh ya that one is up there as well. This one is worse though, miami lost herro plus it ended in 5 instead of 6

ramotadab likes this.
  5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Can I still vote? I bet I get this one right now....

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand how Budenholzer could look so incompetent all of the sudden. When he was on the Hawks he was regarded as a good coach but not great due to lack of playoff adjustments. When he got to Milwaukee, he seemed to shed that reputation when they won a championship.

I guess coaches are like players in the sense they can just have bad years, but damn. I wonder if he's going through something personally or something.

BigShasta, ramotadab and B-Bob like this.
  7. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Bucks have always sucked in the playoffs. Their title year they were going to get swept till the nets guys got injured. He would already be gone had those injuries not occurred

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That Heat in 7 vote is me. :)

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Lowe and Kevin o’Connor really bailing out Giannis on their podcasts. Embarrassing behavior.

TexasTofu and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Listening to The Lowe Post podcast now and him and Bobby Marks were talking about Giannis and what he’s eligible for extension wise and all the rules and deadlines for it and they both came to the conclusion that he has zero incentive to extend immediately and that it doesn’t necessarily equate to bad news for the Bucks. Essentially all the money is all but guaranteed to be there whether he extends now or not.

11. plates300

plates300 Member

Giannis was one shoe size away from losing against the Nets that year. There is so much luck involved in winning it all and Giannis was the beneficiary that year. It was appalling seeing all the Bucks players shy away from the moment last night - nobody wanted to take the shot, nobody wanted to go to the free throw line. Giannis has no credibility talking trash about Harden or anyone for that matter. His "skill" is running downhill and running into people to draw fouls. To me, it doesn't matter who he works out with - his game is a power game and not a finesse game. He doesn't have the soft touch around the rim ala Yao, which is why he still doesn't have a jump shot or any back to the basket game. He's a more athletic version of Dwight if you ask me.

TexasTofu and ramotadab like this.
  12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

13. MystikArkitect

This year was a much more feasible year than that year where he ran into injury riddled team after injury riddled team.

14. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

That's a lot of hate. He's better than that and you know it.

15. i3artow i3aller

16. i3artow i3aller

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That certainly would cause someone to not be focused. Hope Coach Bud is able to find peace after this tragic loss.

18. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

There's only been 5 8-1 upsets in the era of 7 game first round series.
    Heat vs Knicks '99
    Mavs vs Warriors '07
    Spurs vs Grizzlies '11
    Bulls vs Sixers '12
    Bucks vs Heat '23

Of those, Bulls-Sixers is the least humiliating considering Rose went down in game 1.

The Heat and Spurs debacles both occured in shortened seasons, and both teams were more orientated around amazing coaching and team play vs a single superstar carrying the load, those teams always suffer in the postseason. (Duncan is top 6 all time, but by 2011 he was nowhere near the offensive force he was in his prime)

And that leaves the two stinkers, the Mavs and Bucks.

At first glance, I'd say the Mavs' performance was worse, considering that Giannis missed nearly half the series, however, Milwaukee didn't win a single game where Giannis played, and they lost in 5, not six.

Both Dirk and Giannis really sucked it up on offense too, Dirk TS%: 51%, Giannis: 52%

I'm torn.

astrosrule likes this.