1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

If I had to bet on anyone being a superstar 5 yrs from now I would go AR15. That dude is Cam and Josh Allen. That’s scary.

Red.Glare likes this.
  2. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

How can he have as much upside as a guy that has him beat in every physical metric? Richardson literally is bigger, stronger, faster, younger, more elusive, and the list goes on.

rfrocket likes this.
  3. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. Levis is also Josh Allen type upside, AR is faster but a 4.6 guy at 6’4 230 with a top 3 arm in the game as soon as he steps on the field is elite too.

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Depression sinking in. I laughed when we won the last game of the season. Just laughed. It was the most Texans thing to do. Now i feel the full weight of that idiocy crushing my soul as Bryce Young will officially be #1 in a few hours. If we go Levis, that last win and Caserio's love for traditional big QB's is going to be too obvious he never wanted the #1 to avoid any pressure of taking Bryce. May have leaked the CJ results to not have any pressure on passing up CJ as well. I'm putting this draft solely on his shoulders simply because Cap wasn't around for that final game of the season.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Because upside is based on what the top in the league are. They’re basically the same size, arm is a wash with Levis having a quicker release. Both elite explosion, AR is faster.
    Levis is faster or as fast as every QB in the league besides Lamar, Kyler and AR

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Texans would pick Stroud, typical.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. PlatoJoe

PlatoJoe Member

Cal will earn a little respect back if they draft stroud and don't do something silly

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Conspiracy theory: the Texans wanted Stroud all along and we're trying to string along the Colts and the Titans in order to induce a bidding frenzy and have either of them trade up get a guy that wouldn't be there anyways. In doing so, they also set the table for what it would cost to trade up for Anderson. When they pick Stroud and the Titans are out on trading up, they know what it costs and can swoop in with the same deal to get him as the Titans would have made. The Cardinals may even panic and lower their asking price.

Now I'm giving them too much credit.

12. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I'm sorry, but 4 of the 5 top QBs are black and Levis is the white dude.Are you saying it's racist against the only White dude? Certainly possible.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Kinda want them to pick Stroud just to see the cmoak1982 meltdown.

14. H. Christopher

Thank god. Now your racist ass can leave.

15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

This whole board is going to melt down at 7:20.
    Regardless of who the Texans pick. Never seen the board so divided on tonight's first pick.

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Oh be nice!!!!

18. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Perfect. Every team has to think the Texans could take the player they have fallen in love with.The only way to be sure is to TRADE UP.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Yeah I forget who it was that said it but supposedly AR has not just the highest overall potential of any QB ever drafted but the 3rd highest potential ever AT ANY POSITION!

Trailing only Megatron and ironically, the guy whose draft rights we traded away last year so we could draft Kenyon Green.
    I mean Jordan Davis.
    So if AR hits it will probably be REALLY BIG!

Of course it could be similar to Lamar J. where he's just a decent passer and other-worldly runner but AR has so few games as a starting QB I think I'm willing to take a chance on unlocking that all-time potential!

AR at #2 and Bijan at #12!
    Edge rush, center and wr (in whatever order) next 3 picks!

Red.Glare and J.R. like this.
  20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I don't know if that's their line of thinking, but if they were at all inclined to trade back up to #3 for Anderson, then taking CJ at #2 is the only way to ensure that happens. If they pick anyone other than CJ at #2, it would be an all out bidding war for #3 that I doubt we'd want to be a part of. We really do control the entire direction of this draft, and it's obvious SOMEBODY at NRG identified that early enough in the process since there have been literally zero leaks into what they're thinking.

Two Sandwiches and JayGoogle like this.