1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Harden ever had a Jimmy Butler performance?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

@HardenReturns

He still can get Embiid threw Boston to get to the East Finals. Jimmy will be there waiting for the Bearded one here next May.

Should be dope. Let's see if sixers can get there, here hoping they do.

2. ExTexanNowEastCoast

I don't think its a fair comparison because Butler has never been a superstar player expected to carry a team the way Harden did here in Houston. Also, unlike Butler, who misses a lot of regular season games, prior to the previous two season, Harden barely missed games. He was an iron man, especially compared to his peers, who in his prime H-Town days, would have been Top 5 guys like LBJ, Curry, Westbrook and Durant.

3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

He's Tier B behind Jimmy. If he meets Jimmy in East Finals it time for James to take his game to next level. Everyone knows James was Great scorer and Leader for the Rockets but couldn't get to Finals.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/2022-ranking-top-20-nba-players-right-now

4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Harden got super unlucky that his peak overlapped with by far the best team ever. Taking the durant warriors to 7 is a far greater accomplishment then most championships. Put the 2018 rockets into most postseasons in the last 20 years and they win the title most seasons (barring injury).

Jimmy doesn’t matter, he’s never done anything and will never do anything so who cares

DreamR, BigShasta and HP3 like this.
  5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Butler became only the second player in a Finals series to lead his team in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks, joining James in 2016.

Final appearance.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

he never made the finals, so i don't really count that

7. Asian Sensation

Re-reading all the posts in this thread starting on page 1. A lot of so called credible posters on this thread look stupid AF being a delusional Harden fanboi. Said it before and I’ll say it again.

Butler >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Harden

Pbev99 likes this.
  8. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

You sure like to give yourself the ol' reach around about Jimmy... well done if that makes you feel better.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol even I could not have predicted that.

Jimmy Butler is the real Jimmy, ages like fine wine.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure but bubble finals also count statistically at least.

11. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I mean maybe some people count it? It’s a cancelled season to me, not remotely real basketball

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Everything officially counts of course, I’m saying I personally don’t count the bubble since it wasn’t real basketball. I value it on the level of preseason

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Makes sense to me but I think they did a good job facing an epidemic level of unknown threat.

Pbev99 likes this.
  15. Asian Sensation

Why doesn’t it count? If that one bearded bum loser that quit and left us miraculously ended up getting out of the 2nd round and gasp won the WCF and actually made it to the finals and god forbid won a Championship would you still personally not count it?

[​IMG]

Pbev99 likes this.
  16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Has Harden ever had a Stephen Curry performance?

17. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Quick answer = “Yes”, but only in the regular season.

18. blackistan

blackistan Member

19. RocketsDraftTV

its easy to have those performances with scott foster always being there to help you across the finish line lol

jimmy butler somehow gets more calls and free-throws in the playoffs than he does in the regular season. Its hard to have a big performances when the refs swallow there whistle on harden getting hacked when he drives to the basket. Harden early this playoffs had a stretch when he went 12 straight quarters in the playoffs without a single free-throw attempt. Thats intentional by the league, the nba is not even real basketball. its mostly entertainment with wwe like storylines

#799 RocketsDraftTV, Apr 30, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
    Richie_Rich likes this.
  20. RJ2311

RJ2311 Member

You sack of ****.