1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Sep 26, 2022.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I mean, you could argue Stingley was the "safer" value pick as he was hurt and considered by far the best DB in the class for two years.

Tyree has better film than Anderson. Much more dominant and I think he jumps out more in regards to physical ability.

Anderson is just more consistent.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Today's the day we trade for Lamar Jackson let's goooo!!

:)

coachbadlee and houston19519 like this.
  3. tmacfor35

I honestly don't even know how I would feel about that.

Gets injured alot... but when he plays the Ravens who are a much better organization win games.

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Obviously. But the kool aid of this team going from a 2 win team into the .500 realm and being out of reach of next years crop is a pipe dream IMO. It will get better (hopefully), but there are still holes all over the place. Skill positions, run defense, QB, IOL, CB ... those all wont get fixed this year and scheme will only take you so far. DeMeco signed a 6 year deal for a reason.

edit: and the run on QBs this year will solve the hole for several bottom dwellers who will convince themselves they have their guy. What other team could conceivably find themselves at the top next year and need a QB after this draft theoretically? I think what will happen is one team set at the position will flounder for a myriad of reasons and set themselves up to receive a ludicrous haul for the trade. Houston could be one of the teams that are positioned to make such an offer and if not for Williams - plan B & C rank favorably with anyone from this draft.

#7784 Verbal Christ, Apr 26, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You know what I find odd and sad at the same time is the fait accompli that comes with this team every time they are set up to take a QB at the top. There never seems to be a consensus for us. Happened with the inaugural draft, the Mario draft, the Clowney draft and now this year. I'll agree this year offers better prospects than the others, but still leaves alot to be desired in terms of comfort.

Two Sandwiches and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I'm all for it - *after* tomorrow. I want Lamar + 1.2.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

AR would probably be your best bet based solely on mimicking what Philly and Buffalo do with their QBs. Biggest issue would be our terrible defense.

8. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Lance said this morning he’s now leaning Will Anderson at 2. Also said 0% chance Levis is the pick at 2.

9. Hawkeye84

Hawkeye84 Member

Actually, this team won 3 games and could easily have won 7. They had 4 or 5 losses by 1 score. It is not unthinkable this team could win 6 to 8 games.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Bless your heart.

raining threes and coachbadlee like this.
  11. tmacfor35

Lance is guessing. He doesn't have sources inside the Texans and he has said as much. Treat him just like the rest of the NFL pundits.

I am going to stick with Ian Rappaport. QB until proven otherwise.

12. tmacfor35

Rankins, two Pro Bowl LB's, and edge from this draft. 49'ers safety to pair with Pitre.

Grabbed a much more modern defensive mind. I think our defense will be middle of the pack at worse this year.

raining threes and coachbadlee like this.
  13. mightybosstone

Maybe, maybe not. But to his credit, he nailed their first round picks last year and he was the first analyst to really push the "Texans aren't taking Stroud or likely any QB who isn't Young at 2" narrative. I'd trust him before I'd trust any other draft expert on what the Texans are going to do tomorrow.

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Hard for me to say he was “safer” given his injuries though. Unfortunately we are already seeing that spill. Not to mention he hadn’t played nearly as well as he did after busting out on the scene as a freshman.

As far as Anderson vs Tyree, I can’t say Tyree has better film but the physical ability is there for sure. I think Will Anderson can be much more disruptive consistently which I would rather have. To me, Tyree would be more like a Mario/Clowney pick where they could really show out in a game but then completely disappear the next.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Hope you're right.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm just kidding...I doubt seriously the Texans would do that.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

houston19519 likes this.
  19. houston19519

houston19519 Member

I can live with this draft…

20. Hawkeye84

Hawkeye84 Member

Anything I said untrue?