1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (3)Sacramento vs. (6)Golden State

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 14, 2023.

?

(3)Sacramento Kings vs. (6)Golden State Warriors

Poll closed Apr 17, 2023.
  1. Kings in 4

6.5%
  2. Kings in 5

3.2%
  3. Kings in 6

19.4%
  4. Kings in 7

29.0%
  5. Warriors in 7

9.7%
  6. Warriors in 6

32.3%
  7. Warriors in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Warriors in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. KingsFanSince85

Shenanigans.

The KINGS were 25-16 on the road this season. Best in the West, only Milwaukee was better.

The Warriors still have to win a game in SAC and even if they do win GM3 at home then a GM5 in SAC, the KINGS are more than capable of winning GM4 and/or GM6 on the road to re-tip the scale in their favor.

2. KingsFanSince85

It's amazing to me how many have watched that stomp from a 230 pound man -- which I'm pretty certain Domas didn't tighen up his abs beforehand -- and foolishly believe it didn't hurt or couldn't have caused injury. Unreal.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

2nd time Green’s selfish actions could cost his team…they already lost a championship because of him

at some point, enough is enough

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I mean, he could have tried to argue the stomp was "accidental" (which he did try to do somewhat), but his behaviour afterwards was just unhinged, and showed his true character. The guy behaved like that in front of millions watching, including children. Just no restraint or self-awareness at all. Total thug.

arno_ed likes this.
  5. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

We will see how injured Sabonis is. It might have helped them in the long run.

6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I think there’s a chance the NBA doesn’t want the Warriors to win anymore. Which sucks because we Rockets fans were robbed of at least two titles during those rival ((rigged)) years…

But then there’s a part of me that thinks the NBA wants them to win 5 titles in 10 years so no way they lose this year…

Idk…

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Kawakami: Why did NBA suspend Draymond Green for Game 3? It’s clearly personal

The commissioner’s office is tired of the Draymond Green drama and it doesn’t care if you, Draymond, the Warriors organization or all the other teams in the league know it. Doesn’t care if it sinks the Warriors, who are already in a perilous 0-2 position against the Kings in their first-round series. Doesn’t care if it ends the Warriors’ dynastic run.

Doesn’t care if Monday’s midnight (ET) surprise decision to suspend Green for Thursday’s crucial Game 3 feels a little personal.

The NBA powers that be are sick and tired of Draymond Green, who, let’s be clear, is far from innocent in this situation and most assuredly has been given many warnings about this. Green has tired out a lot of people over the years. He’s previously been suspended both by the league and by the Warriors, and there have been many other times when he could’ve been punished by either, including his training camp punching of Jordan Poole.

Let’s be more specific: Commissioner Adam Silver was right there in a nice seat at Golden 1 Center on Monday night to witness Green’s tug-stomp fracas — Domantas Sabonis fell to the floor and grabbed Green’s leg and Green purposely landed his foot hard on Sabonis’ chest in response — then Green’s egging on and taunting the Kings crowd when 18,000-plus started shouting at him before he was ejected for a Flagrant 2 foul.

In non-Green incidents, specifically during the playoffs, the league has usually bypassed a following suspension if a) the player was ejected from the game after the incident and b) if that player was in any way incited by the actions of an opponent. I think it’s pretty clear that the Green situation qualifies in both regards.

But I can picture Silver and his lieutenants feeling like Green was taunting them, too, for those few minutes Monday. I’m not saying they’re entirely wrong to feel this way.

So maybe the suspension shouldn’t be that much of a surprise. The league office took all day to decide this and then put executive vice president Joe Dumars’ name on the decision, but I can’t imagine the league would do this much to affect a playoff series (after Green was already ejected for the final 7:03 of the Warriors’ Game 2 loss) without Silver signing off on it. And it seems clear that the league specifically included a reference to Green’s “history of unsportsmanlike acts” in the press release to make sure that everybody understood that this was a little personal.

But I think this punishment is too harsh. I don’t think Green’s previous suspensions should be held against him in this case, including his suspension for Game 5 at Oracle Arena during the 2016 NBA Finals against Cleveland, when the Warriors were up 3-1 but lost Game 5 without Green and then the series in seven games.

I think that Green is getting hit with all kinds of multiple jeopardy here — he’s already served the time for other incidents and now that’s being counted against him. He already was ejected for the deciding minutes of a playoff game, he already has two Flagrant foul points and can get another suspension if he tallies two more points, and now his absence for Game 3 makes it more likely that the Warriors will lose the game and go down 0-3. He should be punished at the scale merited for what he did Monday, not at a scale that measures how much he irritates the league office.

But there’s no conspiracy. Silver isn’t doing this to make sure the Warriors lose Game 3 and the series. The league is doing this because it’s been worn down by Green, challenged by Green, taunted by Green and now it has retaliated almost as peevishly as some of Green’s taunts and jibes.

The league and Green both have chips on their shoulders in this situation. And the only way Green can win is the way he always can win — hope his teammates win Game 3 without him, come back and play great in Game 4 on, win this series and then keep winning playoff series. You know Green will take this all personally; 1,000 percent personally. If the Warriors somehow win another title this June, the championship trophy ceremony with Silver would be an all-timer.

[…]

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

^
    That's nice but I am not buying it. First of all, the Warriors have to prove that they can win at Sacramento and considering that they only won 11 road games, it is not likely that is going to happen. Even if the Kings lose Game 3, I still think they will win this series. Second of all, it is *possible* that the donkey could have avoided being suspended but his reaction to being ejected and then acting like a complete horse's ass (thus one of the reasons why he is the donkey) to the crowd was so over the top that it should have been scripted for the WWE. I just hope that the Kings don't dick around and they finish this series as soon as they can as nothing would give me more satisfaction than to see the Warriors gone in the first round.

astrosrule likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Shaq, Chris Mannix, Jay Williams should let Draymond (or Terrence Jones or anyone) stomp on them. ;)

don grahamleone and pippendagimp like this.
  10. Asian Sensation

De’Aaron Fox bout to beat the Warriors in his first ever playoffs? A feat some bearded bum loser could never do in 4 tries.

[​IMG]

11. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

12. i3artow i3aller

13. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I watched that and I can see where JJ is coming from and he might have a point; however, the Donkey's reputation precedes him. I hate to give Mike Brown a lot of credit and if he really came up with this, this would be admitting that he is a genius....but you get the feeling that he told his players to play dirty and do enough to get under the Warriors skin. And so far it is working, LOL - who knew that Mike Brown was such a genius!

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Slyonebluejay, B-Bob and linvetb6 like this.
  15. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I’m stunned he got suspended, and fully expected a lot of talking heads to argue against it. You have to remember just how much help and benefit green/gsw get, so when it’s more balanced people will go crazy

16. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Green got his foot free and proceeded to stomp on him. He didn’t accidentally step on him.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

They gave Poole 128Ms

[​IMG]

Tfor3 and Dredd like this.
  18. JW86

JW86 Member

Lol @ JJ saying refereeing is lopsided. Where was this energy in 2018? Even if true, IDGAF