1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Sep 26, 2022.

1. raining threes

I did, I wasn't willing to argue the point and gave some leeway.

2. raining threes

3. Xopher

Xopher Member

I could be wrong, but if Levis had played at OSU he would probably be the #1 overall. If Stroud had played at KY he would be a 3rd rounder at best.

cmoak1982 and whag00 like this.
  4. raining threes

Neither one should be given the benefit of the doubt and Levis should be held to the Mills standard.

I'm in the don't tell me, prove it to me mode.

5. Jayded

Jayded Member

It’s more they forced a QB pick because of combined and pro days instead of the tape. They are only back in things because they nailed their other picks especially last year.

I’m referring to reaching for a QB you don’t love. Also concern is investing that capital to get a ? QB where next year’s options are much higher rated prospects. The fear is it also compounds it by not drafting Caleb or Maye because you would have egg on your face having drafted the wrong guy at 2 the year before if you’re in the position to draft one of those guys in 2024.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

It's starting to make sense that we would pick Levis or Tyree....they have injury history.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

"what I believe is bryce is going to be a panther, I was told Bryce would have loved to be a Texan, they prioritized Hendon Hooker and Will Anderson as soon as visits started, not going operate on any desperation, be prepared for first pick to be a defensive player, carolina is not going to trade the pick, would have taken 2 and 12 to get the first pick, offered another scenario where it was offering a 2024 FRP"

ROXRAN, Rudyc281 and J.R. like this.
  8. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I`m so ready for the draft so the speculation can stop, I trust Nick and Ryan to pick the right guys and I will get behind them. I think Nick absolutely screwed the pooch by winning the last game of the year and screwed our chance to get Young who I think will be a franchise QB but this is Nick`s time to shine and show us what he can do. I prefer to trade the #2 and get an extra pick or two or three......if Hooker is there later on move up and get him IF he is the QB the Texans want, don't overreach just to appease the fan base, quality skill positions is my mantra

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Good **** Nick. You let Lovie screw us out of the #1 pick and Bryce Young.

whag00 and conquistador#11 like this.
  10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

How did he let lovie do this? I am not a fan of nick but I am not seeing what he did that led to that? I think this one is on lovie who selfishly wanted to try to win. Was he supposed to take over play calling? Fire the Staff ahead of the game and replace them with random fans on clutchfans

11. conquistador#11

In five days, it will be draft week.
    And some like to believe the Texans would know how to tank for next year's crop.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I could roll with Tyree Wilson and Hendon Hooker

david_rocket, mikol13 and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/dr...ack-fatal-flaws-young-stroud-levis-richardson

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

For all we know, Nick could've begged Lovie to bench Cooks and what not. It just didn't happen and that was grounds to let him go. Gotta be about what the org wants and Lovie chose a different path. Simple as that.

eliefor3 likes this.
  15. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Hooker at #12?

I can't be on board with that. If anything, use the #33 and some future picks to jump into the top 20 to snag him.

whag00, Sooty and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

You spelled Will Anderson wrong

houston19519 and Sooty like this.
  17. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

Lovie should have been fired after the Jacksonville game. Put Frank Ross as HC and instruct him to lose. No one would have batted an eye. Not sure if ya'll were actually still watching the Texans at that point, but that Jacksonville game was absolutely PATHETIC!! And that was after building some positive momentum following solid showings against the Cowboys, Chiefs and Titans.

Trade back and pick up Tyree Wilson if medicals check out (higher ceiling than Anderson). I know I'm in the tiny minority, but I'd like to see what Mills can do with Bobby Slowik and some better interior protection. I know the city would revolt, but I think he's still got some good development left in him :))

Shark44 likes this.
  18. raining threes

Quoted for truth.

Like I said, I want them to make drafting healthy players a priority if they're close talent wise, no more Stingley over Sauce. Pick they guy with less of an injury history. The cleanest prospect coming out health wise is Anderson.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Texans picking Levi's at 2 would be yet another dumb move.

20. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

My insight and opinion on who the Texans will draft has been unpopular, but it's looking like it's going to be accurate. There simply isn't a QB that is worth #2 overall in this draft. Will Anderson is a special player who will elevate our defense.