1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (3)Sacramento vs. (6)Golden State

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 14, 2023.

?

(3)Sacramento Kings vs. (6)Golden State Warriors

Poll closed Apr 17, 2023.
  1. Kings in 4

6.5%
  2. Kings in 5

3.2%
  3. Kings in 6

19.4%
  4. Kings in 7

29.0%
  5. Warriors in 7

9.7%
  6. Warriors in 6

32.3%
  7. Warriors in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Warriors in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. KingsFanSince85

^^THIS is the correct answer.

IDK how you can watch that play, in entirety, and believe Domas was clairvoyant enough to "know what he was doing". Apparently those that believe the opposite firmly believe Domas has eyes in the back of his head.

There's just no chance that Domas could even know who was standing next to his head. When the play started, he was next to Klay with Dray well behind him and out of view with several players between them.

Then Domas barrel rolls to the ground (if someone wants to argue that Domas flopped against the smaller, weaker Klay I can at least listen to that argument) and in an instant he somehow knows it's Draymond and quickly planned to trap his leg?

Gimme a break.

The dude was simply and instinctively protecting his head. That's it. And in doing so he incidentally trapped Draymond's leg. I completely understand why Draymond and even his teammates believe it was intentional. Especially in the moment. But if you really review the play I just don't see how it was possible for Domas to know what was gonna happen, where he was going to end up and who would be there. He just couldn't in a couple fractions of an instant.

When watching in slow mo, you can see Domas clearly make an attempt to cover his head (which was kneed earlier in the game) with his right arm then grab his own wrist with his left hand. Further you can tell that Domas has no idea who or what is happening above him. He's just blindly reacting.

In a way, I can even understand Draymond's reaction, also in a fraction of an instant. He was being who he is in that fraction of an instant. If Steph or Klay had been the one to have their leg trapped, they'd have tried to pull away and probably then fallen down. What they wouldn't have done was the follow up stomp. Because that's not who they are.

Now, I have no problem with Domas receiving the technical. Players commit fouls and even sometimes flagrant fouls unintentionally. But the refs still have to call them. And while Domas' leg trap was an unintended consequence of trying to protect himself, I'm ok with the technical (especially considering the previous interaction between them a few minutes earlier) because it did happen.

But Draymond's reaction of forcibly stomping was over the line. So was his interaction with fans.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

donkey deserves to get his career ended next time he steps on the court, enough is enough

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

they are really trying to meme this Sabonis "leg grabbing" to reality.

5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

there was never a doubt. Silver has neither any balls nor any integrity, and one of those would be required in this situation.

6. i3artow i3aller

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Well at least the league admits that playing Green is the only chance the Warriors have on making a comeback this series. We know GSW is one of their cash cows and they can't let incidents like these get in the way of making more money.

clutchdabear and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

His court vision is amazing. ;)

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sabonis Grabbed the Leg
    Draymond should still be suspended

Rocket River

Patience, WestendMassive and rhino17 like this.
  11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

12. foh

foh Member

Sabonis broke the code, bruh

Donkey gets to be the dirty one - he protects the cash cow Curry. He don't get suspended for a measly stomp

Ubiquitin likes this.
  13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you told me at the beginning of March that the Kings would be up 2-0 vs the Warriors, I'd have called you bananas. Yet here we are.

14. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

As to protect from getting his face or neck stomped. This was so obvious.

KingsFanSince85 and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think Sabonis was protecting his face.

And even if he wasn’t, and he was grabbing Draymond’s shoe on purpose, Draymond’s response was so unbelievably disproportional, that he still needs a suspension. I’m honestly surprised it’s not multiple games.

16. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Missed the last half and woke up to the news. Great to hear, that the Kings team is tailored to match up with GS pretty well. The Warriors are a bad road team but If Sac steals one at GSW then it gets really interesting.

17. RocketsDraftTV

told ya, donkey is too important to Stephen currys game. And donkey knows it

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. WestendMassive

This is absolute horseshit. If Draymond doesn't get suspended the NBA is essentially saying that retaliating with violence is all good.

If the NBA thinks Sabonis grabbed Draymond's leg, punish him for it. But that doesn't mean you don't punish Draymond for stomping on him afterwards.

Not suspending Draymond would be like not suspending Chris Paul for punching Rondo after Rondo punched him.

And also, in what world is grabbing a foot for a second the same as stomping on someone?? The NBA just can't help themselves, they just have to protect their precious Warriors. Disgraceful.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If Draymond Green had been the lead in American History X, they wouldn't have charged him.

20. i3artow i3aller