1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (3)Sacramento vs. (6)Golden State

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 14, 2023.

?

(3)Sacramento Kings vs. (6)Golden State Warriors

Poll closed Apr 17, 2023.
  1. Kings in 4

6.5%
  2. Kings in 5

3.2%
  3. Kings in 6

19.4%
  4. Kings in 7

29.0%
  5. Warriors in 7

9.7%
  6. Warriors in 6

32.3%
  7. Warriors in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Warriors in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. xaos

xaos Member

What a great game

2. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Such an impressive game from Fox and Monk.

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Yeah he reps the Boot.. But he still Htown to most

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

We all know Houston extends all the way out to Conroe, Brenham and even Beaumont, Haymitch! You can claim Houston in Katy... if you want to.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Houston claims De’Aaron Fox, I don’t care what y’all say

De’Aaron Fox darted past mid-court on a fast break and sent a soft lob up court to Justin Jackson, who promptly tossed an alley towards the hoop, connecting with Willie Cauley-Stein for the jam.

Fox and Jackson, the Sacramento Kings’ 2017 first round draft picks, fell to the Rockets in what was the duo’s first game back in their hometown on Wednesday. Although the former Houston Hoops AAU teammates had experienced Rockets games from the stands, neither had ever taken the floor at the Toyota Center.

Wednesday wasn’t Fox’s best game although his 70-plus guests in attendance might not be overly concerned about his performance. The point guard averages 11.3 points per contest, enough to earn him a spot in the Rising Stars Challenge—replacing injured Lakers guard Lonzo Ball—this weekend.

Fox initially hoped to spend some time back in Houston and maybe go up to Kentucky—his Wildcats lost to Jackson’s North Carolina Tar Heels in last year’s Elite Eight. Instead he’ll be back on the west coast, six hours south of his new home, playing against teammates Buddy Hield and Bogdan Bogdanovic.

RasaqBoi and i3artow i3aller like this.
  6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I wanted Monk for the Rockets. We definitely need shooters

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Jabari is a shooter.

8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

My apologies, I should clarify....Really good shooters.

daywalker02, Arnel and RasaqBoi like this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

This game showed me coachrd can improve too just like players. When Mike Brown was first hired by the Cavs, he was a bit of a joke. Yeah he made a good defensive team with Sideshow Bob and Big Z which in retrospect was extremely impressive, but the offense was always just give the ball to Lebron.

Now the dude turned Sacramento from 0.500 to the best offense in the league like what the heck lol. And they are doing it using the Princeton offense as well, everybody is passing the ball and sharing the load.

Amazing game hopefully they beat GSW so Draymond can shut the F up.

10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

That’s why I am also inclined to give JVG another shot.

11. TimDuncanDonaut

12. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Does anyone really think the Kings can beat this Warriors team in a 7 game series?

I just don’t see it happening.

vstexas09 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is. :cool:

DeBeards and RasaqBoi like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's entirely possible whoever comes out of this series is going to flame out in the next one or the next next round.

Both were not great at Defense this season.

It's Memphis or Lakers for them next.

roslolian likes this.
  15. KingsFanSince85

As a KINGS fan, I’m encouraged by this.

Domas goes 5-17 from the field, including missing lots of chippies, Huerter couldn’t hit $#/t, and Murray scored 2 points yet they still won.

Domas isn’t likely to have many poor offensive games like this one. And don’t discount his 16 rebounds. They had an impact on the game.

Besides Swipa and Monk, the KINGS were also carried by Trey Lyles who hit many big shots to keep them from falling too far behind. Harrison Barnes made some plays and both Davion Mitchell and Alex Len played well defensively in spots.

16. KingsFanSince85

I’m pretty sure Swipa lives in Houston. I seem to recall when his baby was born a few months ago he took several games off until the KINGS met up with him in Houston where he was already with wife and baby,

If he chooses to live in Houston, I’m pretty sure he considers it home.

Invisible Fan and macho GRANDE like this.
  17. KingsFanSince85

That’s what most seemed to say about GM1 too.

We’ll see how things go, but if the KINGS get better performances out of Domas, Huerter, and Murray, their chances would seemingly improve quite a bit.

18. KingsFanSince85

You’re missing context and simply repeating what you’ve heard/read.

For example, the KINGS Q4 defense, specifically in the final 5 minutes hasn’t been bad at all.

Furthermore, the KINGS defensive rating on the road (they had the 2nd best road record in the NBA) ranked somewhere around 8th IIRC. That’s not only not bad, it’s pretty good.

Nobody seems to do any in depth research these days.

As for the Warriors, they are clearly a veteran team that not only suffered a lot of injuries this season, but has become bored by the regular season. After 4 titles in 9 seasons, who can blame them?

Their defense isn’t near as bad as the regular season would suggest. They turned it up last season, and played better defense tonight than they had during the regular season.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This was probably the highest scoring game in the first week by any two teams. So Far.

So I am really just repeating, it's obvious in the first game.

I don't think I need to read anything with my eyes watching a game.

I know the Warriors, I have watched them for a decade, they could defend at their best, this season was by far not their best.

Brown is a defensive coach, of course, there would be stretches of Defense but from I have seen this season, it's not enough for the Finals but I wish Denver or Kings making the Finals. Obviously because of overall parity.

#79 daywalker02, Apr 16, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

This game just shows how important 3 pt shooting is in the NBA now. Like who tf are Malik Monk and Tray Lyles???

Makes me second question the twins and esp Amen Thompson in the upcoming draft. Gonna be pretty hard to build around a pg who cant shoot.