1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons: Jaylen Brown wants to be traded to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, he really did.

As a sophomore he was a 2 way player that hit nearly 40% of his 3's....that's significantly more "promise" than the one way chucker you simp so hard for.

I know, I know, you look at raw PPG stats while ignoring things like efficiency and defense....but there's simply more to the game than that. One day you might figure that out.

2. MystikArkitect

KPj + Tari + Tate to Boston / 3rd-5th pick, 20th pick, Josh Christopher to Toronto

OG/Siakam to Boston

Jaylen Brown to Houston / Filler to Toronto

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, but you have to realize the person you are talking to thinks that Jalen Green will be the next MJ...only better.

You can't expect him to have rational expectations or takes when it comes to his guy Jalen.

4. maj21

maj21 Member

I know what you’re trying to say, but Brown is a 2 way all nba player. Jalen is a microwave scorer right now and doesn’t do much else. JB at 26 has a minimum of 7 prime years of basketball left

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Calling a 21 year old a mere microwave scorer whose top 10 in all time lists for ppg metrics for his age is underselling. What was Brown at 20? A inefficient version of KJM then if we are underselling?

ramotadab likes this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yes because 26 year old Brown is an all NBa level player and 20 year old Brown averaged 6 ppg...?

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

You get Jaylen Brown to Houston, you let him lose same way Harden was...

Dude is a beast and carry a team

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

It doesn't really matter how good Green is or isn't. Even talking about it is is completely beside the point. Stop letting DD and Bobby bait you guys into arguing about it. For all they know, their favorite player KPJ would be the one going away in the deal along with other assets.

Whether the Rockets traded Green or Jabari or Sengun or KPJ or some combination of the above, it just isn't the right fit, for us (who are aiming to contend in a few years), for Boston (who is aiming to contend right now), or for Brown (who, if he wants out at all, wants to be the lead scoring option on a team ready to contend). It doesn't make any sense for any of the parties. That's why it won't happen.

Even if we got Wemby, it still probably wouldn't happen, because even though we'd be more free to trade assets in a package deal for a second star, Brown still isn't the right guy for our timeline. You'd be looking to get a younger player to pair with Wemby, not a guy who's already 26. It wouldn't have to be a guy the same age, but you'd want their prime years to roughly line up, like when Wemby is 23/24 your other guy is in his late 20s or so. That's not Jaylen Brown.

shafted1 and snowconeman22 like this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

KPJ isn't my favorite player, and I wouldn't care if he was part of a deal for Brown....you know, because I'm not a player first or player only type fan. If I'm the Celtics, I want KPJ and Sengun for Brown...but that's besides the point.

The entire point is to expose how laughably ridiculous player first and player only type fans are and to watch them throw hilarious tantrums at the mere thought of having the Rockets trade their guys to drastically improve their team.

BTW, Tari is my favorite player on the Rockets....i'd also trade him for Brown, you know, because it makes the team better.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

26 years old gives you 7 good years to compete, and to build a team that OTHER PLAYERS want to come to - we have TOO MANY kids we aren't going to build around all of them, you pick 5 and keep them and you trade the rest for better players now.

If Brown wants to come here as SIMMONS says who knows a helluva lot more than you do, or I for that matter, then we are positioned well to get him.

If you don't like the thoughts, or you think it won't happen, don't post about it......ignore it.......this is what a BBS is for theory crafting in the offseason - overreacting to what the media says.

This is 100% what we are all here for...read the thread title.....

BILL SIMMONS SAID - and we are here discussing it.

DD

maj21 likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. maj21

maj21 Member

Bro you gotta put your love for green to the side. What does green do besides score? If he’s not hot, he’s giving you 17 points on 5-21 shooting. I don’t wanna trade him, Sengun is the guy I would package. I’m just saying if Boston demanded green, then I would give him up. You also only think about one side of the ball. Our entire starting 5 are bad defenders, which is why we’re the worst defensive team in the league

DaDakota likes this.
  14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

maybe if I also have 60 mil in cap room to add another star .

and how do you know we aren’t looking to win a ring for another half decade . Why not full decade . Maybe we should trade green for another top 5 pick this year or next year so we get a prospect with a higher ceiling that better matches our pick this year and Jabari

I know how you feel about green but he is NOT a lock . His scoring is nice . Look at league rank instead of PPG . There is usually a rookie that is top 50 league scoring , there is usually a second year player or two that is top 25 .

green isn’t doing anything special scoring wise (some good comps are Wiggins and kat) those guys bring other things too tho and have been bringing them .

green needs to do something other than score . And the TEAM needs to win .

no one here was suggesting throwing away all our picks and going all in on brown . A green for brown straight up would be pretty enticing .

I don’t even like brown that much .

maj21 likes this.
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Not that it matters, because nobody's trading us Jaylen Brown, and we are unlikely to get #1, but Wembanyama is valuable noy just because he has an all-time great ceiling, but because his physical gifts give him an all-time high floor... On day 1

His development curve shifted way higher than everyone elses, which means he projects to give you all Star level impact in year 1-2.

Assuming you have to plan for him to be good 4-5years from now, rather than tomorrow and not getting a Jaylen Brown because of it seems not only to miss this but ignores the major concern with Wembanyama, that his physical gifts that make him so valuable will also end his career earlier than you think as they have for a number of other players like him.

Wembanyama at age 24 might have already played more than half his NBA career games, so you maximize him early (not by running him into the ground but by building as talented as possible a team around him)

ramotadab, Deckard and MystikArkitect like this.
  16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You and I see how KPj works in today's NBA....but
    we differ on Jalen Green. I believe if you supply him spacing you have an all world talent that surpasses Jaylen Brown under the same circumstances. Plus Jalen is still on his rookie contract.
    Brown current contract is an expiring this upcoming season. At a high price. Would he be a rental or do we have to supermax him going forward? Tenure.

I'll roll with Green....trade KPj before I trade Green.
    Just my preference. I just want Green to denounce Liquid Death. That's witchcraft
    demon encouraged to possess drinks.

17. RocketsDraftTV

Sengun would almost have to be in this deal because his playstyle don’t fit with harden

18. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

I like it . Only with an extension though.

BamBam likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If Jalen ever manages to go from chucker to efficient scorer, and he's surrounded by enough talent to take the pressure off of him completely, he might be able to be as good or better than Jaylen Brown offensively.....but Jalen Green is still a complete joke defensively, so I don't see him ever overall being as good as Jaylen Brown.

I'd trade either KPJ or Jalen for him in a heartbeat....though if I could pick, I'd keep the better shooter and better overall player so I'd ship Green out.

The main point is that no one on the Rockets is anywhere near good enough to be considered "untouchable".

20. conquistador#11

Sign me up. Boston GM is a fool if he doesn't make this deal.

AroundTheWorld likes this.