1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Was Better Plus One Year Anniversary (Almost)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Apr 10, 2023.

?

Which Show Was the Best?

1. The Simpsons

14 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Family Guy

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. South Park

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Beavis & Butt-Head

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Reading all that again--and some new things--was hard. I feel for you, Manny. I really do.

I'm so glad you're well and that you and your son are reconnecting.

I laugh to think that I was any support whatsoever. I tried in my own way. But truthfully @Manny Ramirez , even with all that **** going on, was much more supportive of me and what I was going through at the time than I was of him. He's a legit good dude, and I won't ever forget that.

My vote is King of the Hill. But since that's not an option... The Simpsons. I haven't seen it in years. But those unpredictable storylines can't be beat. That, and the opening credits were always fun.

IBTL, Xerobull and Manny Ramirez like this.
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

Simpsons #1 by far, South Park #2, not a fan of B&B, never watched FG outside of clips here or there.

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Rick and Morty is what you want. One Punch Man (only 1st season) is amazing as well.

Xerobull and Manny Ramirez like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Simpsons is the OG, and a bunch of the earlier stuff is still hilarious (even though I've seen them many times), but I haven't watched new eps in years.

South Park > King of the Hill > Archer > Rick and Morty > everything else

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I'm a little surprised to see The Simpsons winning here - I do agree that after Season 1 (sorry, I just do not like those episodes), they had a magnificent run. I wish they had sorta stopped while they were on top. I did vote for Family Guy (surprised that more people haven't voted for it) but I think in the long term, South Park is the most consistent one from the beginning to where they are now.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. Manny Ramirez

Today is the one year anniversary of my breakdown - still seems so surreal that it has been a year that all of that stuff happened.

On a lighter note, I think I am going to change my vote to South Park - watched "Fishsticks" and "Krazy Kripples" last night and I was crying from laughing so hard. I think I like Timmy the best but Jimmy is also pretty damn funny. "I'm cool like a fool in a swimming pppppppool"

7. no_answer

no_answer Member

Thanks for sharing your story. I hope you continue to connect and grow closer with your son.

I picked The Simpsons because it was the sound track to my childhood.

Ubiquitin and Manny Ramirez like this.
  8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rapper? Genius? Gay fish?

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Brother, I am so glad you're still with us. Prayers and well wishes for you and your son!!!

IBTL and Manny Ramirez like this.
  10. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

That is one hell of a story. Glad you are past that dark part of your life and have been bonding more with your son.

I would put the Simpsons well ahead of all the others. Probably would rank them like this:

Simpsons >>>>> Beavis & Butthead > Family Guy > South Park

Manny Ramirez and Xerobull like this.
  11. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is a crazy story but I understand that darkness to a degree. Worst time of my personal life was about 2015-2020. I still don’t know how I survived but it did plenty of damage, nonetheless.

I’m glad you fought through it and also made the right decision about getting out of a relationship that would have killed you (been there). Keep working towards making yourself happy and putting yourself first as much as you can (spending time with your son is obviously doing just that).

Xerobull and Manny Ramirez like this.
  12. Manny Ramirez

Thanks rimmy- glad to see you posting again.

13. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

It's pretty funny, @Manny Ramirez... we shared a very similar journey throughout our 20 years here, though the timing is a bit different. We're a lot more alike than I initially thought. Glad you're in a better place. Your frankness and others' is what has kept me around this board over years.

Also, sorry for being kind of a penis to you back in my first year here. No, you're not an admin arse kisser. ;)

As for the poll... right off the bat, I have to say I've never seen a full episode of Family Guy... just clips here and there. That said, one is the best things about the late 80s to late 90s tv and cinema was rude, crude humor. I guess that's why I prefer South Park. The humor became more absurd and offensive (which I love) as the decade went on. So for me... South Park first, B&B second, and then The Simpsons... the reverse order in which they were released.

Manny Ramirez and rocketsjudoka like this.
  14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

@Manny Ramirez , I completely missed this thread originally. So sorry you had such a rough patch but glad you're with us. Hopefully continuing an upward trend. I know we only know each other via the BBS, but don't hesitate to reach out through the board when things get tough. Rock on.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So Glad you made it through!
    Congrats on surviving and thriving
    MADD PROPS on you reconnecting with your son . .. you need each other

Rocket River
    Simpsons