1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

oops IT HAPPENED AGAIN! - Paul George just gave Al Pee high praise

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Apr 11, 2023.

1. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Not really. I am pointing out to something that happens in filtering this way that people are usually not aware of. If we want to call it cherry picking, it is done by the people who tweet these things(because the result easily looks very impressive and get them more clicks). Posters here buy into the reasoning without analyzing why it happens to be that way, particularly if it goes their way. I think it is a honest mistake. If you keep repeating it after you are pointed out, like the kpj stans repeating for ever lists of players with 19/6/6 and 3 steals, then it becomes your cherry picking.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Big Pee Al.

Naisu.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Pitiful!! The negativity has gotten so bad in Clutchfans that we can't accept it when a player from another team gives one of our players kudos! It's almost like some members would rather hear trash towards our team/players...SMDH!!!

Alpi might never become more than a solid NBA player or he could end up being the steal of the draft considering where he was drafted, we'll find out soon enough since we are officially entering back to competetive mode and turning our back to the tanking era. This goes for Green and Jabari as well... I can't wait to see who our next coach will be!!! Bad coaching can stymie any young players developement, no matter how much talent he showed in college!!

(P.S.) I don't think Porter belongs in the afformentioned group! He definetely has the talent, but I honestly believe that he is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode no matter who the coach will be! I'll go even futher and say that the more stricter the coach the more he's liable to explode.

Go Rockets

4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, it's just like when Doc Rivers and Darvin Hamm gave KPJ accolades and SOFs downplayed it.

However, I do agree when someone hypes our players we should show better character and enjoy it

maj21 and BamBam like this.
  5. Rolliepollie

Rolliepollie Member

Rockets will trade him this summer to "win now" and we won't win anything other than a playin, and sengun will go on to be much much better on another team than the player we got in return. Yes. As you can tell in my tone I have no faith in stone after that awful press conference yesterday

HardenReturns likes this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Can he play ball?..... Offense? yes

Offense is 1/3 of the game.

Defense is 1/3

Transition O/D is 1/3

Again you are confusing importance with a certain skill set. Sengun is better than Looney at passing and post ups.....Looney
    has a championship ring because he focuses
    on the dirty work of rebounding/Blocks/deflections/contests the 3

I don't need a fancy passing big man if I have my other 4 players scoring/facilitating/passing. I need a big man to protect the rim first and foremost.

Looney sits and does not complain when Draymond fills the void as he plays Center.

Robert Williams plays that same role. Run the court with fury/ hustle/Rim protection/defend interior and perimeter/Rebound/steals/blocks.

You know how I feel.....I would trade Sengun for Mark Williams. Sengun is better on offense/in the post. ...Mark Williams will eventually give me what Robert Williams provides. Once he learns the NBA.

7. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Alpi is going to be a lot of players’ favorite player. He’s got the funky sauce just dripping from his game…fun to watch. Once he adds that 3 point shot next year….watch out!

8. maypk

maypk Member

I wonder when some people realize there are roughly 29 teams don't win the chip in the NBA every season

And i wonder when some people realize AlP's archetype is less likely to win the championship in the league because there are only few players (Actually just 2. Jokic and only this season Sabonis) out there who have his archetypes while we have buttload of rim running, shot blocking, alley oop threat centers.

Zen Tabak, HardenReturns and cml750 like this.
  9. maypk

maypk Member

Damn, you really do need some help if you genuinely believe Durant, PG and all those stars praise AlP because they want Houston to be miserable for decades. LMAO.

HardenReturns and cml750 like this.
  10. maj21

maj21 Member

You can’t win with Sengun at the 5. He needs to get traded while his value is high. I would get his ass outta here this summer to improve the team, then his crazed fans can follow too

11. MystikArkitect

Ok that makes sense and yes I agree with you that he shouldn't be "anointed" quite like another player on our team that shares a similar body structure and upside to one Kevin Durant. Alpi does have warts to his game that KD did not quite possess but he has surpassed almost everyones expectations with his play. I'll say I'm not totally sold on Alpy unless he commits to defense (to be fair I feel this way about Jalen as well) but he has shown enough to at least give him the benefit of the doubt. Jokic for example as good as he is doesn't pop off the screen like Sengun does. Jokic just kinda lulls his way to a triple double. Domantas as well. Sengun pops though. Dude wants to embarass you and that's pretty rare for a Euro kid like him.

And the SOF's aren't *that* bad. Was talking to another guy in soccer boards about OFs that flood their clubs boards and it's just a problem in general. Such is the nature of sports now that the world has gotten a bit smaller.

clos4life and dobro1229 like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think players recognize that special offensive trait that Alpi has of seeing the floor and distributing - everyone loves playing with a guy who passes, and Alpi for a big guy is a special passer.

Vlad Divac style.

DD

clos4life likes this.
  13. TimDuncanDonaut

14. maypk

maypk Member

My CF experience has drastically improved since i stopped taking seriously those who think Bruno Fernando should start over Alperen Sengun.

I suspect they were hired by Clutch to provide laughter and keep us entertained.

slothy420, clos4life, Entropy and 3 others like this.
  15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

What's more (let's pile on, shall we? make it fun), Jokic didn't have his starting point guard last season. This season, he's been injured until recently, so let's see where this all goes.

If Denver put Jokic on the block (they won't, but hypothetically), they'd get calls from about, oh, 29 teams: "And my sister, I'll throw her in, too. I'm texting you her picture now. Not bad, right? And swear to God, just two beers in her and she'll do anything...."

HardenReturns likes this.
  16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yep, they suck. Haven't won 25 games in a season for 3 years .... they suck.

But .... no matter where you are in the process, you never lose sight of the ultimate goal and you never make a move (mistake) that undermines that ultimate goal.

Every decision is made with the end goal in mind.

17. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

It is refreshing to hear so many great nba players recognizing the talent of Alpi. Sure he has weakness and so does many other players who are considered great. I just hope that the next coach that we hire will be able to successfully tap into his stength and minimize his weakness to take this team to the next kevel.

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

Yeap, great players recognizing Alpi's greatness and the usual clueless keyboard warriors are out here defending Bruno starting over Alpi, ridiculing him throughout the season or asking for him to get traded so we can get a defensive lob threat. I've got a feeling all those idiots will look dumber and dumber as the years go by.

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

Yeah, idiots be like, let's get rid of him.

HardenReturns and DeBeards like this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Omg Paul George said Jalen Green is so talented eventually NBA has to change rules to compensate.

Now let me create an entire thread about it.

Os Trigonum and Believe It! like this.