1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Texans HAVE to draft Bryce Young

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 9, 2022.

1. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Until I hear something different from what Demeco said out of his own mouth.. I’m not believing speculation.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I would be fairly happy with that.

raining threes likes this.
  4. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Hell no...I'd rather see the Texans just draft Levis at 2 and keep the picks.

5. raining threes

Depends on how good they think Anderson is going to be.

If you think he's going to be a 10-15 sack a year guy you make the trade.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

If young isn’t there. Take Anderson, then take more skill and defense players at 12 and on. Save qb for next year since it doesn’t even look like Hooker will be around late. Don’t give up any assets for any QBs. You have the #2 pick. If that’s not enough then wait I guess.
    And holy hell do not trade multiple picks for Richardson or Levis! Please god.

7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Always take BPA (best player available). It's really that simple. And the answer at #2 is Will Anderson.

There simply is not a case for an under-sized (both height and weight) QB with non-elite arm strength to be the #2 overall draft pick. The case just cannot be made. Don't be fooled by highlight reels where a player is surrounded by all-stars and playing inferior opponents!

8. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

I will repost this for everyone's reference. Trader Jorge's prone to disseminating spurious allegations and exhibiting a conspicuous lack of consistency in his viewpoints.

OR

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Wasn’t he just saying a couple weeks ago that CJ was the clear QB1?

[​IMG]

MadMax and houston19519 like this.
  11. raining threes

If You g isn't there, I think you're going to be disappointed.

12. tc0330

tc0330 Member

some of you act like ant man young is going to be our savior to take us to the super bowl lol....

we got to take anderson at 2 and trade up for a qb. or take anderson at 2, use 12, and trade a 3 or 4 for trey lance or mac jones. if it doesnt work out we draft a qb next year and we'll have already added 2 franchise players

raining threes likes this.
  13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think I’ve said this before in this very thread,,,I can’t imagine being super confident in any opinion at all about any of these QBs. There’s not an Elway or Manning or Luck in this draft. Of course there wasn’t one the year Brady was drafted either. When people go all in or all out on any of these players it just baffles me. Men who make their livelihoods predicting and choosing in this are wrong more often than they’re right.
    Th Texans will draft who they’ll draft, and it will be Go That Guy and Go Texans.

whag00, Sooty, desihooper and 5 others like this.
  14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Crack Kills. Lance or Jones...>LOLOLOLOLOL. Bird in the hand. Will Anderson is not JJ Watt. You had JJ Watt and couldn't do anything...because of no QB. The Texans will probably win 6-8 games with Demeco as HC. Did you see what the Panthers gave up to get a QB? Take the QB now, used those picks next year to fill in with 2 more first rounders.

tc0330 likes this.
  15. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I do not mind multiple 6th round picks to move up. I just want to hang onto 1-5. I rather. see Tune given a chance before passing on Anderson. Or check MAC out if he can be obtained at a reasonable cost (No 1sts).

What I don't get is this idea that ANY QB is worth more than the best non QB in the draft. And I don't get the Watson Trade, either. It reminds me of when Dallas got too much for Hershel Walker. I shouldn't be setting a new bar for other QBs, it should be setting a new bar for Owner/GM stupidity.

Just accept that CASERIO was a genius for getting what he got for Watson.

I do have a different POV since I haven't suffered through watching the Oilers Uh? Texans. I just like pretending to be a GM.

I stopped watching regularly when Bud Adams got a (preseason) game cancelled trying to extort Harris County into improving the Astrodome every 7 years and not even waiting for previous improvement bonds to be paid off.

#1635 Marshall Bryant, Apr 8, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
  16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I don’t know how you do it, but you always find a way to squeeze in that you don’t watch the Texans… cool? I dunno. Who cares? Please keep telling us about your draft game with all the rookies you will never watch play on the Texans….

17. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Just being honest about my unique perspective. Playing the GM game rather than caring about the Team. I haven't invested in a Team since Luv ya Blue when I purchased 2 season tickets.

I also cut the chord a while back. Internet only now.

#1637 Marshall Bryant, Apr 8, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
  18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Basically, we should be ignoring you?

19. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

If you wish to ignore me, it's fine with me. I tend to seek different perspectives rather than an echo chamber, but to each his own.

20. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

This is Cal McNair's pick. Nick Caserio will make the recommendation and odds are, Cal follows it. DeMeco is a young head coach who has never coached before. He's not making player personnel moves at this stage -- not even close. That right has to be earned by winning.

Bryce Young is simply not a Nick Caserio pick. Young is undersized times two -- height and weight. He has a non-elite arm. Take away the Bama program publicity and he's a 3rd or 4th round pick. Taking a QB later in the draft is far more consistent with Caserio's track record -- if you take the time to study it. Find the toolsy quarterback without the hype and pay a fraction of the cost. That's how you create value. Not by reaching for the 2nd best of a sorry QB bunch at the top of the draft.