1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022-23 MVP race

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by awc713, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Ancient Moabite

If they stick to the script it is going to go to either Tatum or Giannis depending on who has better team record with Embiid right there being he could have won it past couple yrs, with also Luka and healthy at the moment Zion there creating new crop with Tatum, and to a lesser extent due to injury bug Lillard

2. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I was joking to emphasize that the top 4 MVP candidates at the time were foreigners as in non-Americans. It would be 5 straight MVPs to a foreign player if another were to win this season.

ramotadab likes this.
  3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He might deserve it being the best player on the best team who is coincidentally a Jordan Brand athlete.

4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I can’t imagine him deserving it over jokic, seems like a complete impossibility

5. Ancient Moabite

I see, all g, I was just replying back to your literature as you worded it

Also old Greece (creek) and old England (united colonies on eastern seaboard 1600s) came out of the old world Americas

Look up the exotic map of the United States for further clarity, all of what is on the eastern sphere is modern satellite colony countries we created, which is why most were created in the 1900s, which the new England in west Asia(Europa) came in like 1888

The Maroons(jamaica) were a ancient people of the Atlantis/American Islands(Caribs), and the nationality of Embiid is I think Cameroon ie. ca-maroon

The only true foreigner would be Jokic that won because Giannis/Embiid ancient ancestors are from the Americas who now reside on the eastern sphere

6. JW86

JW86 Member

To me the only serious candidates are Tatum, Zion & Giannis. Jokic getting 3 in a row would be ridiculous.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It wouldn't be, Jokic is a great regular season player but could be game planned against in the postseason.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  8. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Yea, but that's how it works. Generally, a guy that hasn't had big success in the playoffs starts to get pushed out of the MVP conversation.

I wish they just stuck with the old best player on one of the best teams criteria. Every time they deviate from it they look dumb. They end up picking Jokic when he had no chance of getting out of the first round last year. Now, when he's possibly better and his team is better, he won't get it because they don't want to give him 3 in a row.

Just be consistent with it.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Jokic is in the lead per the MVP tracker on basketball-reference. Pretty amazing what he’s able to do in the regular season. But I agree with others that he won’t win 3 in a row. Last player to do it was Larry Bird, who Jokic does remind me of in some ways.

10. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Jokic really does not pass the eye test. He put up pretty numbers again but they lost to the lakers without AD

It should be between Giannis, Durant and Embiid but looks like they will probably give it to Tatum

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Greek guy has a higher fg%, more rebounds and assists and a better record. Seems like he should win to me.

13. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

looks like i nailed it exactly. Jokic should be unanimous and nobody else is even close, yet he will lose

14. RocketsDraftTV

lebron didnt win 3 straight, so they cant let jokic do it. This is same guy who tanked the 2011 nba finals because wade was gonna be finals mvp if the heat won

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I feel like it should be Giannis

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

1st couple months I had Tatum/Luka as the MVP leader.

2nd couple months I had Jokic as the big favorite.

The last few months I have Embiid as the very slight favorite.

I wouldn't have a problem with Embiid (most dominant season) Jokic (best statistical season overall) or Giannis (best player in the league on the best team) winning it.

Embiid and Jokic are clearly putting up the best numbers in the league this year. Giannis isn't that far behind but his scoring efficiency (TS%) is far behind the other two.

Giannis and the Bucks have clearly been the best team this year and Giannis is the best player in the NBA as well as a DPOY candidate.

Its going to be an extremely close race, but it seems pretty clear that Embiid will win it.

Voter fatigue, Embiid being runner up in consecutive years, No player having won 3 consecutive MVP since Bird and Embiid's scoring output will trump Jokic's incredible triple double, 70% TS season.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jokic should be unanimous and it’s not even close? Not in this reality

there’s more to the game of basketball than some random combination of letters and numbers on a spreadsheet

also, defense exists

jerryclark and i3artow i3aller like this.
  19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Think my vote would be Jokic.

But this is the closest race I can remember, all 3 have very legitimate cases.

#40 jordnnnn, Apr 6, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2023