1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

But he just played a bad game a couple days ago and nothing was said from anyone but you and your best bud.

He even had two good games this week and almost nothing was said. Just two pretty ho hum acknowledgments that he played well. Wasn’t some endless line of “fanbois” circle jerking calling him the point god.

No one was more amped to hop on clutchfans and talk the latest with Harden than you and your boy.

It’s like clockwork, we all know who will be here first to discuss whatever happens with their favorite player.

roslolian and clos4life like this.
  2. Asian Sensation

Glad you’re keeping score.

3. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

After a season and a half of watching the Sixers, I'm calling it. Harden doesn't have the speed and burst to be effective any longer. He still is a great passer and an ok 3 point shooter, but Sixers aren't going far with him. If they make it to the Eastern Conf finals, it'll be due to Embid. It's sad to see because he was my 2nd fav player after Hakeem -- but it's just sad to see him attempt a drive and not get past anyone, throw up an awkward shot and gets blocked. And if he isn't driving, it's a series of dribbles that doesn't get anyone to bite any longer.

Patience likes this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think the main issue with Harden is that he lost the ability to elevate, he gets like 2 inches off the ground even when he gets past the guard.

5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

He can elevate just fine with Lil Baby

[​IMG]

6. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

clos4life and RKREBORN like this.
  7. Dredd

Dredd Member

Easy and B-Bob like this.
  8. roxon

roxon Member

Harden has looked terrible the past 10 or so games. Playing some of the worst stretch of basketball in his career since that Chicago Double OT game.

This Achilles injury is definitely gonna bring down harden and the 76ers. A couple weeks before that he was looking like the perfect fit for Philly.

Hopefully he gets healthy so we can see what him and embiid can truly do, otherwise I see a very quick exit.

On another note, since I see a lot of people wanting Harden to return to the rockets. This playoff series will change a lot of people’s mind imo on bringing him back especially on a max deal. Achilles injuries take quite some time to heal, with Harden continuing to age I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts to continuously get injured throughout the seasons while regressing his productivity.

Easy likes this.
  9. Asian Sensation

5/12 FGs
    14 points
    4 assists
    3 turnovers

Must be April. Jimmy Butlers’s bottom biitch starting to look in prime playoff form.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I am in disbelief that this happens. It will help next year but you do not want that contract as all of these picks the rockets made will enter their primes. Need someone in their mid to late 20's instead.

Easy likes this.
  11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Random thought: What if Philly elects not to bring Harden back and instead trades Maxey to Portland for Lillard (in some kind of overall deal involving other pieces)?

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I think he's playing with a tantrum. Doc has taken the Harden slow dribble up privilige away and Doc has said to the media it doesn't work. If you watch them play, he now is role playing to the corners

13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Unfortunately, the worse he plays only increases the chances the sixers don't give him the contract he wants, which increases the chances he signs for more money with the rockets while playing his worst basketball.

14. i3artow i3aller

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Any bum could do that.

clos4life likes this.
  16. Asian Sensation

Speaking of titles. Don’t forget the 6 turnover titles.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/tov_yearly.html

No bum could do it that many times. Not even Westbrick.

Speaking of Westbrick though… he’s got 2 scoring titles and 3 assist titles. They also got zero titles. They’re closer than any Harden fanboi ever wants to admit.

17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

hE hAs A GrEaT TSSSSS %

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

He got old and doesnt have work ethic, drive and ambition to be a HOF great. However he is still a good player and max worthy I take him over say Irving any day of the week.

He is still averaging 21/6/10 on 60% TS. Thats nothing to scoff at. After AD and maybe Jaylen Brown he is prob the 2nd best sidekick in the league RN.

Wulaw Horn, OremLK and clos4life like this.
  19. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

mr play in had himself a GAME tonight :D

6/19 for our boy

BigShasta likes this.
  20. Salvy

Salvy Member

So, is Harden healthy this year? Does he have enough help to win a chip? I don't want to see no excuses this year...

RKREBORN likes this.