1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I would love to have Jaylen Brown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LjGarci, Mar 21, 2023.

1. LjGarci

LjGarci Member

I think that Jaylen Brown is the initial piece to start the rebuild ahead of only 25 years, he is not yet in his prime and I would really like to see him with his own team as an initial piece, let's remember that this is his last year of contract and his dissatisfaction with the Celtics would lead Celtics to consider a trade, who knows and let's be the privileged ones, we have the cap and the picks

2. Arnel

Arnel Member

that’s beyond “unlikely” …that’s straight up ridiculous to even suggest. Once again, who do we trade for Jalen Brown, and why does Boston even consider accepting? It might be the worst trade scenario I’ve ever seen suggested. ;)

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  3. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

I’ll trade KPJ, Sengun, KJ Martin and couple 1st round draft picks for Jalen Brown in a heart beat!!

jalen Brown, Jalen green, Jabari, Tari and Wemby!!

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't think Boston would do this for anything short of Wemby. We could probably package the whole team and they still say no. Why break up a championship contender when you don't have to?

Arnel likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

jalen brown too injury prone player for my taste....

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Would you trade Alpi + picks for Jaylon Brown?

7. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

who the fck are you ?

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

do you have to use so many cuss words.gif

Y2JT, BigShasta and jordnnnn like this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

We trading for Michael Jordan?

34to11 likes this.
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If Celtics don't make the Finals, he'll be on the market. Great player. Would love a better roster fit, but that's a max worthy player still in his prime, can't turn it down.

Imagine we hit the grand lottery with Wemby, then sign Harden, then someone like Jaylen Brown wants to play with Harden and we acquire him for our $18m expiring contract, KJ and 4-5 picks. Would have to be a 3rd team cause I'm sure Celtics don't want future assets.

All the stars would have to align, but it's so awesome we have the flexibility to do so much these next 2 years before the rookies contracts kick in.

Y2JT likes this.
  11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Brown is a player a would trade a good amount for. Only a handful of guys in the league like that, that are also potentially available.

12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Not even if we gave up 2023 picks, Sengun and KPJ?

13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

The only way the Celtics trade JB, who his probably the best 2 way SG in the NBA, is if there is some major rift between him and the team. Or, I guess, if they're dumb enought to not offer him the max as soon as they can.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Hey guys maybe we can make a cyborg mutation of Michael Jordan and Hakeem Olajuwon and play him at SF.

In all seriousness, Jayden Brown isn't walking through that door......... and if he ever does, it will be when he is old and grey.

Williamson likes this.
  15. xaos

xaos Member

Double post

16. xaos

xaos Member

I doubt Celtics trade Brown under almost any circumstance other than him saying he wants to leave or for a star (not likely as well)

But if he does, I doubt there's a package they'd accept without Green, Jabari and valuable picks, which I know the response to that could be "so what, Jaylen Brown >>>> Green/Smith". But, you don't just trade for a guy like Brown, deplete all of your assets, then fail to build a team around him (he's also not a top tier star). Also, I still very much believe in Green/Smith.

So, what if there's a 3-team deal where we involve Nets. Something where Celtics get Bridges/Claxton/Rockets player(s)

Nets get Rockets' 3rd-6th pick, their picks back, plus salary

Rockets land Brown, keep Green/Smith/hopefully Tari, sign Harden.

I bet Nets would prefer Brown over the Rockets package, but landing 3rd overall and your picks back so you can clear your debts and rebuild your way isn't a bad start either.

**If we land Wemby or Scoot I'd pull this year's pick off the table and try other assets. I know I'll get crap for valuing Scoot H highly, but I still am high on him. I can definitely be convinced to include Scoot though because I'm a fan of Jaylen and he was one of the few players I wanted back in a Harden deal

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

34to11 and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. TimDuncanDonaut

In most cases Celtics want to keep Brown, but currently based on recent words, Brown is having wandering eyes. Could be leverage play, but i think he is seriously considering outside offers after playoffs.

As far as reasons, Brown did a recent long interview with the Ringer. He wasn't glowing about BOS and his current situation.

Reasons why he might leave from biggest to small.

1. Unappreciated. Brown's name always been in trade talks. While this is common in NBA, it seems to be finally getting to him. Paraphrasing Brown; Celtics say they love him to his face but his name is in trade talks all the time. He thinks Celtics front office is too much of a business.

note: he doesn't feel appreciated, whether fans agree/disagree.

2. Hierarchy. (speculation here, but seems legit). Brown is ok as a #2 behind Tatum (for now), if it means a championship. But if they lose again this year, he knows he can be a #1 elsewhere. In Brown's mind he's a 1b (on some nights better than Tatum), but doesn't always get the last shot. Example was the HOU loss where Tatum missed his layup, despite Brown having a hotter game.

3. Role on team. (speculation) Mazzula using Brown more off ball this year, whereas Ime may have had more on ball role. Brown has been efficient. So decision is good for team, but not great for him individually. Brown is OK with it for now, but maybe not want to be 2nd fiddle for 2nd half of his prime years.

4. Money. Some of Brown's future money eligibility is tied to accolades which he may not get. If he can get comparable big offers by other teams. It's possible.

---- lesser reasons ---
    4. Ime (speculation)- Brown took the Ime firing harder. Didn't like the lack of reasons/transparency by their FO.

5. Brown and Tatum not besties (known item). As far as being close to teammates. He's tight with Marcus Smart. Him and Tatum are more of a business colleagues. Don't hang out too much outside. No bad blood reported, just that they are not tight outside of work.

note: imo, players don't have to buddy buddy outside for a championship team to work. That said when Brown was in trade rumor by Celtics for KD. Tatum worked out with KD same summer. Brown was annoyed by FO, but the optics of Tatum with KD didn't look good.

6. City of Boston. While guys like Marcus Smart loves Boston... Or at least wear that pride on his sleeve. Brown likes the fans there, but is not ride or die. It's work

He's aware of (maybe lean into) the City's shady treatment towards minorities. Conflicts with some of his social justice principles.

7. Celtics championship window. - not as wide as some think. Rob Williams injury prone. Marcus not played great after his recent injury. Horford getting old, might drop off a cliff in near future.

#39 TimDuncanDonaut, Mar 22, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  20. Asian Sensation

Jaylen Brown is a 26 year old superstar. Definitely a top 15 player in the league. I’d have him around #12. He was rumored to be part of a trade for KD. It took the Suns Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and four unprotected future first-round picks to land a 34 year old KD. The Cavs also had to give up a large package that included young assets and 3 unprotected first round picks and pick swaps for Mitchell.

Why would Boston accept anything less than a package centered around Green and multiple (unprotected) 1st round picks, with either Bari, Tari or Sengun included as well. I wouldn’t trade for him because that’s what we would have to give up…. A lot. But I believe that’s what the asking price would be.

What kind of package do you think would be acceptable for Boston?