1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SOF vs LOF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 13, 2023.

1. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

some SOFs are ver
    this applies to any group of people
    men, women, blondes, muslims, football players, soldiers, singers, doctors...
    There is no group of people who are all good or all bad.

2. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

The people labelled SOFs are generally know both side of the basketball worlds: NBA and FIBA. As they witnessed "team first" mentality and higher grade basketball coaches, selfish NCAA/High School products and poor coaching tactics are unacceptable for them. What they expect and quote are unknown ideas to some certain folks.

If anyone considered SOF wants other star calibre players to fail, he is a rotten one, not a good person. But SOFs are normally want JGreen-BariTari-TyTy-Garuba-Josh-KJM-... to succeed in, just favouring Alp as their #1 player. Personally I am against "the guy, franchise player,..." description and don't like to see a team to be built around a certain person - Sengun including- but considered as SOF. (I am Guntarian, Tari is as important as Sengun)

Otherwise some D list member apparatchiks just hate some certain players. Just ignore them. They are not worth to consider.

eurobasket23 and King1 like this.
  3. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Thanks for the compliment.You made my day.

Roomba and King1 like this.
  4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

No question. They don't troll or anyhing of that nature. Tgey see the potential in Alpi which is exciting. He is a building block

Ankara1923 likes this.
  5. King1

Exactly. Wr all want the team to succeed and Alpli continues to grow as a player despite Silas. This team coukd have potential with a real coach and KPJ gone. Next season is pivotal

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

pan the box, oh the paradox

Ankara1923 likes this.
  7. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Lin vs Alp is more juxtaposition than paradox I guess.

8. King1

To expand now that I have a little more time, it's enjoyable watching team basketball. Alpi does an amazing job at setting the table for the offense from the high post. Everyone should enjoy seeing it as there aren't very many big men who can do that. He's also willing to work and learn. Definitely a player to be excited about

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

ergo, justadox.

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

SOF's ramping up the the insecurity/insanity as we speak...quite revealing. Always hammering KPjr, and now attacking Jabari. They might not have the volume of LOF's, but they carry that same frenzied/biased lens with takes that get crappier by the minute. All to support their narrative, not what's best for the Houston Rockets.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thinly-disguised SOFs-are-insecure comment

Verbal Christ and Plowman like this.
  13. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

it's good to be SOF .
    no need to be racist dumb BOF.

14. King1

I don't see that. Most of the Sengun fans appreciate Jabari. A two man game between Sengun and Jabari will be very effective as they both develop as players. Anyone hating on either of those two isn't a Rockets fan.

Everyone hates KPJ for a reason. He's garbage and doesn't fit the team going forward. Nobody wanted him besides us and our fan base sees him for the trash that he is

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Are these guys a fair representation of Turks as a whole??? Look at the brutal irony of a homophobe complaining about racism!!

16. Plowman

Supporting Member

I'm with you, as far as these two fitting together like pieces of a puzzle. We're extremely fortunate to have both.

But, Jabari's comments last night have pushed some of these folks to DEFCON 3.

King1 likes this.
  17. King1

I think Jabari is a natural leader. He wants to win. I don't have any issue with him speaking his mind. This team lacks direction and it's about time someone stepped up and said something.

Plowman likes this.
  18. Plowman

Supporting Member

Me too. It's good to see him assuming hs role already.

King1 likes this.
  19. King1

No question he's wise beyond his years. As much as I like Jalen his personality isn't suited to lead a team which is why I compare him to Vince Carter. As I said with Sengun he gives me the Vlade Divac /Chris Webber vibes. Jabari is a championship piece. We just need to nail this draft pick because that's it.

Plowman likes this.