1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving Traded To The Dallas Mavericks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Feb 5, 2023.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Kyrie really is interesting. Impressive how delusional and self unaware someone is capable of being.

2. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Not sure if serious...

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Out for personal reasons.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://theathletic.com/4294743/2023/03/10/nba-western-conference-playoff-picture-notes/

roslolian likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Irving should thank Bron for legitimizing him as a star. Dude's done nothing of note since leaving Cleveland.

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Well, I wouldn’t say he’s done nothing. He’s managed to tank three contending teams within 5 years. That’s pretty impressive.

7. riko

riko Member

Kyrie Irving has already missed two games with personal reasons. He isn’t injured

8. i3artow i3aller

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Good news is he gone after this season.

Bad news is Mavs lost talent for no reason and the FA market is weak AF. Maybe Luka is the guy we end up trading for in a couple years.

majicdonjuan and mario_v like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

2 WITHIN THIS SEASON!!!!

Rocket River

Patience likes this.
  13. i3artow i3aller

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Media is attacking the Rockets a lot lately, but why is there never any energy for the Mavs?

They have made countless bad decisions since their 1-off title back in 2011.

they immediately broke up that team and got swept in the 1st round the very next year

the Chandler Parsons signing

the Rondo trade

not offering Brunson the 4/55 deal he was seeking and then losing him for nothing

the FO and work place allegations

this Kyrie trade which has done nothing for them

I’m sure I’m missing some others

no top free agent ever wants to go there

15. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Media goes after Dallas a lot too. They got blasted for letting Brunson walk. The graffiti artist who got heat from Cuban for writing "get Luka some help" caused national discussion about how poorly the Mavs are building around Luka. Now the Kyrie trade is getting blasted. We're just more conditioned to look out for Rockets news. It's just that pretty much all Rockets news is bad news.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Which media? Tim MacMahon the Mavs guy, and who else?

National discussion where? I just typed in different variation of Mavs, Luka, graffiti, mural, and help and pretty much nothing came up on Youtube. On google mainly just a few articles from places like Mavsmoneyball and Dallas Morning News.

Dallas hardly gets talked about

17. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Hope luka and kyrie ditch the mavies

mario_v likes this.
  18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Mavs dumpster fire. Kyrie doesn't deserve better, he's a sack of ****. Luka probably deserves better though.

19. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Simmons blasts them about Brunson every time anyone brings up the Mavs. So does Lowe. So does Ben Golliver. I heard about the graffiti thing on the Mismatch. Also pretty much any non-former player media hated the Kyrie trade. I listen to a lot of basketball podcasts so that's where a lot of what I'm saying comes from. I'm not even remotely a Mavs fan so I'm not seeking out any Mavs specific content ever so anything I hear about them would be national media.

I agree they don't get talked about much but they still do way more than us. It's just that everything about the Rockets is bad because of the current state of ownership.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

the Mavs hardly ever get brought up so I doubt there’s much blasting going on

Idk who Ben Golliver is or what is the Mismatch

the Rockets have been blasted multiple times like we are currently the worst organization in the league…we’ve been called a clown show and dysfunctional several times in just the past few weeks alone

meanwhile the Mavs been a whole clown car for over decade and it’s mostly been crickets