1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pray for Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eurobasket23, Mar 10, 2023.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Sengun is Muslim, Not a Pope

2. maj21

maj21 Member

3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Sengun is Muslim, Not a Pope

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

His Twitter profile pic looks like the leading candidate for a Leatherface role in a Texas Chainsaw Massacre reboot.

maj21 likes this.
  5. MystikArkitect

I pray Sengun gets better on defense, develops an outside shot and grows a little bit.

cbass, Dobbizzle, 34to11 and 4 others like this.
  6. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I think the decline of Alperen's happiness and motivation from the start of the season can easily be observed in his interviews and body language during games.

albuster and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

reported

8. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Every player is getting screwed and I'd agree that it took me some time to see it but that doesn't change the fact that Sengun is in a class of his own.

Sengun is the only one among starters that gets minute restrictions and not playing the end of games or getting subbed out after mistakes. Sengun is the only one that gets repeatedly mentioned with negative comments. If Sengun played remotely close to the level of Bari or inconsistency of Green or similar to kpj in any way, he would hardly see 10 minutes of game time and you would be watching bruno alikes. He is mentally tough and he is the most consistent player in the team.

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

[​IMG]

Reeko and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Maybe you should move somewhere without an internet connection.

joking joking

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Let's agree to disagree there. He looks to me like a rookie who is used to winning and tired of losing. Same thing can be said about almost all the players on the roster, it's hard to stomach the losing even if you know it's for the sake of tanking.

12. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

As the season goes on, it gets mentally hard to handle losing all the time. I agree that's partly it. But he looked particularly worse to me after Silas's comments a few weeks back.

HardenReturns likes this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sengun's D has been terrible lately, he is way out of position against post players like Turner, and he reaches on offensive rebounds leading him to be trailing his man by a good amount.

His awareness on D or off the ball is poor.

DD

maj21 likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

i agree with everything, but Sengun does need our prayers. let's all just pray for a new coach.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Sengun

Sengun Member

I don't know if there is an example of this in NBA history. A 20-year-old who plays with 15 PPG, 4 AST, 9 TRB gets scapegoated and mobbed every game by a league's worst-rated team and a despicable coach. Nothing could be funnier than this. And it is very strange that the USA is still the most powerful country in the world, despite the presence of idiots who support these mobbings and decisions. Despite so many idiots, this is a success.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not sure I understand the use and/or meaning of the terms "mobbed" and "mobbings" here in this context, perhaps you could explain?

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

At first I thought your anti-Rocket rhetoric was some sort of schtick, but it's now becoming more evident that you really are in need of help! I've been here for 20yrs and this is the first time I've been accused of not being a Rockets fan. :confused:

At first I was asking the Rockets loyalist to pray for you, now I'm starting to believe that an intervention is in order!! Really hoping that it hasn't gotten to the point where an excorcism will be required!! o_O

(P.S.) You should let @tinman give the the history lessons, that seems to be his forte!

Go Rockets!!!

Verbal Christ likes this.
  20. Ancient Moabite

But the modern Pope(s) just recently combined all said religions into one bunch, so by default that makes them Muslims

HardenReturns likes this.