1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shawn Kemp Booked for Drive-by Shooting

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OmegaSupreme, Mar 8, 2023.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

Wow. Didn't expect to see actual footage. But it sounded more exciting as a drive-by.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Wish this would've happened in 1991 instead of 2023.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

We were their biotches for a while. but along came Dikembe to clear the path. No. Not in my house. Great moment.

Kemp never had a signature scoring move, and that's all they really needed. They had the Defense. They had a full court press. They had the point guard. They had the athleticism. And they had a German scoring machine. The role players were Pierce, Gill, Cage, Perkins, McMillan. They were loaded... so to speak.

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

Man its a shame Kemps prime was so short. He was a beast and deserves all time PF recognition. I think a lot of the newer fans don't know much about Kemp other than he could dunk but they don't think he was a superstar..or it could be fed by the lebron fans who devalue Jordan opponents to make LeBron look better, but I think its just he ddint leave his mark on the league. Seattle choked a few times and then he carried Cleveland to the playoffs and then he blew up in size and became an alcoholic was it? Or was it drugs? Idk too many people addicted to drugs that gain that much weight.

I think at his peak, he's better than Blake minus the passing but Kemp was an elite and underrated defender. He started to get that mid range locked in. He just wasn't aggressive enough in looking for his shot. If he grew up with this generation, he'd have a much tighter handle and attacking the rim off the dribble at 6'10 and going coast to coast after the dreb. 25/14/4/2/2 with elite D

5. Dredd

Dredd Member

I'll always remember his time with Portland.

Jail Blazers

[​IMG]

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

How does this even get reported in a headline as "drive-by" - this is literally walk up to parked car.

"Sorry, I was playing "Boyz in the Hood" on continuous loop in the background when I filed my story boss and I just got carried away"

B-Bob likes this.
  7. marky :)

marky :) Member

30+ years later and still can't shoot. SMH.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I just bothered to look this up, apparently washington state passed a bunch of "boyz in the hood" laws in the 90's to specifically outlaw driveby shootings, because of course they did, but you can get charged with it if you're in the immediate area of your car when you shoot.

Seems kind of silly. Like, a shooting is a shooting regardless if you came on a car or a horse or a scooter.

Patience likes this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Scoot-by is a thing now in SF.

Also, now that we have autonomous taxis roaming our streets, what if I shoot at someone from the back of an autonomous vehicle? ... It think it would be a ...
    drive bAI

MadMax likes this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i remember first time i heard him speak in an interview. to my shock even though homey looked like the grinch he was as eloquent as mj in front of the mic

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

12. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

Man, iono. Woj went there and I just posted it. :D

B-Bob likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He far too old for this isht

Rocket River

14. PhiSlammaJamma

Technically he is still worth 6 million, but down from 96 million. So it ain't all gone.

15. VanityHalfBlack

Take notes Ja Moron! Not that amateur hour **** with Instagram

16. J.R.

J.R. Member