1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] Who Would Win Between Rockets and Houston Cougars?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Manny Ramirez, Feb 27, 2023.

?

Who Would Win?

1. Houston Rockets

79 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. Houston Cougars

61 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Rockets fav by 20 atleast. Love the Coogs but they have one player maybe 2 that will actually play in the NBA.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

Seriously? We’re talking about grown men going against a bunch of kids who aren’t old enough to even drink. And only a few players from that Coogs team is NBA worthy

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

The players who play are about the same age but one has NBA talent across the board and the other doesn’t.

Jabari is a disappointment this year but is a year removed from being second team AA on a really good Auburn team.

I love college hoops but the talent level is nowhere close to the league. There aren’t teams in college full of NBA players at this age like the Rockets have. The UK and Duke teams that had a bunch of NBA talent were all 18-19.

If nothing else Boban would absolutely annihilate Sampson’s monster post defense scheme with Francis, Roberts, and Chaney trying to guard him. And he wouldn’t get played off the other end of the floor like he does in the league.

Jontro, Easy and Verbal Christ like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Are you confusing the age of the rockets with grown men

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Several of the top minutes players for the Rockets turned 21 in the last few months, and some aren't there yet. There are a few late 20s non-college age guys but it ain't THAT cut and dry. A team of college seniors would be just about the same average age

YOLO likes this.
  6. HardenUsedSTEPBACK

For everyone hyping the coogs, how do yall think they would fare in the league? Would a team full of kids and scarce of NBA talent be able to even get one W? Much less not get blown out by 40+ every game.

For as bad as the Rockets are right now, we still have 13 W including quality wins against the Bucks, Sixers, and Suns.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Coogs could make the play in tourney and grab the 8 spot.

Jontro and 9baller like this.
  8. HardenUsedSTEPBACK

I love the delusional support yall have ngl

9. 9baller

9baller Member

I like it! And then how many games would they win in the first round, against the 1 seed?

10. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

wow some of you are so delusional. there are levels to this **** and ncaa basketball ain't it.

11. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

Everyone on the Rockets are over the age of 21 except for 4 players, not to mention most of them have played at least 2-3 years against real NBA competition aside from the rookies.

12. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

Yeah but the Coogs aren’t a team full of seniors nor is any other team in the NCAA, that I know of. And I get that the Rockets have a young team and all but they’re playing NBA level talent every game. I’m a always go with the guys playing the game at a higher level

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I admit half of the Cougars will move on to accounting or engineering careers after playing ball, but they also have a few legit NBA guys too. The biggest difference and why I think UH has a good chance to win is chemistry and their ability to defend all game long. The Coogs know where to be and what to do on every play and are out there busting ass for each other. Rockets play as separate entities who are still trying to mesh. Rockets can’t even crack a zone. I love Boban as much as the next guy but he would be a traffic cone out there cmon lol , but I can see the Rockets bench depth as being the biggest obstacle in general. Starters v Starters UH would do well.

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

and thats why they can only muster up 13 wins in 61 games. what a college team in the nba would look like

I'm always going to go with the guys that actually have an identity, coach, chemistry, culture over a team that has literally none of that who also happens to be the same age as a college team.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  15. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Once again the Rockets have more talent than the Cougs but don't discount how much of a difference coaching makes. Sampson obviously can coach circles around the hapless Silas and that in itself is why UH wins here.

burlesk likes this.
  16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

True. Sometimes prayers are answered.

17. VanityHalfBlack

If the cast of the golden girls and Laverne and Shirley wanted to formed a basketball team, pretty sure they can beat the Rockets

burlesk and Manny Ramirez like this.
  18. PhiSlammaJamma

The Cougars could get the accounting degree in one year or less, but engineering degrees, let's not get crazy.

19. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

20. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member