1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The sleeper pick if no Wemby or Scoot..Anthony Black

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 18, 2023.

1. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Anybody else feel the NBA is going to gift wrap Wemby to Popavich and the spurs?

2. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

If we get the #3 pick, Stone will definitely pick Amen Thompson because he have elite skills: ball handling, 1st step and he can get his own shot easily….he just cannot shoot. Stone does not care about shooting if you are 6’7 and have handles you are HIS point guard. Stone is trying to develop a awesome AAU team not a NBA team…you need shooters and a legit point guard….not just athletes

3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Speaking of CAN NOT SHOOT..... the ONLY shot Jabari made in the Skills Competition was a layup, he missed all his 3pt attempts.

4. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Feels that way

Pop gets his big piece to put the spurs back on the map

juanm34 likes this.
  5. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I’m telling you I have this gut feeling, I think everyone else feels it if they use the force.

6. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you don’t get top two, trade back. The Rockets aren’t going to get free agents. Add first round picks and trade into their cap space.

7. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Miller should be the pick if outside the top 2, that or trade it for a young veteran.

8. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

I just saw this guy in a high school game. I blinked and now they are talking about him going to the NBA. I had a similar experience with Tyreese Maxey.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Black looks like a top 10 pick this draft.

For next year’s draft with a bit of work on his 3 pt shot form and another year of PG experience, Black is top 5.

Black’s agent will push for sooner, just to get the FA clock ticking.

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

If we don't get Wemby, or Scoot. Trade down from 3/4/5 spot to around 8,9,10, 11, 12ish spot for Jarace. Alpi will start at C, and Bari can play 3 or 4, which ever Jarace/Jabari looks better at, place them at that position. Not quite convinced about Miller or Black or the twins and then there's too many overlapping skills with Jalen in the rest of the top prospects

Pick swap use on Cason, our future pg with elite D. Jrue Holiday comps/ TyTy will be our 6th man Sam Cassell role and Tari our high energy blue collar guy who can easily step in as a starter if Alpi/Bari/Walker need to miss games

Trade KPj for a 2nd rounder and take Emoni Bates. Emoni of course super hyped, fell off, but dudes a 6'10 guard/f that can still show that dynamic/explosive scoring ability that can lead to stardom. Basically a bombardment of heat checks that only stars are really confident in taking. He may have moved his stock up with some recent big games. Maybe KPj can get you that late 1st value?

Find a new home for Nix and Tate for another 2nd rounder to use on Turkish 6'9 F Berke Buyuktuncel so Alpi can have a fellow countryman on the squad and i want to be able to shout BUYUKASHA!! A lefty that can stroke it, his shot reminds me of Toni Kukoc, without the passing iq of course

Believe It! likes this.
  11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

No. Because I think these conspiracy theories are beyond stupid. Aside from the fact that if it ever came out the draft was rigged it would do irreparable damage to the league and the revenue of a multi-billion dollar business, I do not believe that the other 29 unfathomably powerful and entitled billionaire team owners would be very happy with a rigged system. If every team was controlled by the league then you might could get me to buy that a rigged draft were a possibility, but they aren't. And the value of the teams can go up or down based on the talent of the teams. So how angry would you be if you're Tillman Fertitta (or any of the other billionaires in the running) knowing that a mere peon like Adam Silver gift wrapped a generational talent that would drastically increase the value of your biggest asset for a rival billionaire? I just don't see a world in which they could be okay with that.

As for the topic at hand - I love Anthony Black and if we don't get Scoot he would be my second choice for a new point guard. His jumper is bad, but so was Giddey's and they have similar size. The only way I could imagine us getting him, though, is if we fall out of the top 2 and opt to trade down to get him. Seems unlikely.

12. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Then we are in trouble as there is a 70% chance *against a top 2 pick.

13. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

This. 100%. It's ridiculous to think it's rigged as the entire league would literally melt down.

14. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Currently, Anthony B has a bad track record in the drafts.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Black is an interesting prospect. I confess to being surprised, however, that he's projected to go as high as the top ten, or even (really?) the top 5. Having said that, if he falls and we can take him with our 2nd 1st, it's not hard to imagine him playing with Sengun and Green. That could be highly entertaining.

16. JohnWoo713

JohnWoo713 Member

Brandon Miller & Ware. Nick Smith & Ware.

Brandon Miller and Jabari at the 3/4? with a point guard? Yikes & Nick Smith can be a Jamal Murray type to play with Sengun like Jokic. Ware is needed as we lack an interior big as he’s the best defensive center and has range along with handles.

17. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hey look, another 6'7 guard that can't shoot that people want to pair with our 6'6 guard that can't shoot.

Sounds like a match made....well, somewhere.