1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj]Rockets finalizing trade to send Gordon to Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Why SAS? I don't feel like they even have a single building block yet. This is the first year they've really committed to the tank. So like unless they get Wenbanyama, I don't see it.

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Serious question: if we combine 26&28 to move up, how high can we get? I’m thinking maybe 18 at best. But I could be wrong.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You take that back. The Spurs would never tank. They draft great and develop everybody and stuff and stuff. They do things the right way.

Xerobull, roslolian and Williamson like this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yes very exciting and this was the plan all along. 23-24 is when we start to contend.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

+Danny Green to provide 3 pt shooting and mentoring.

TEXNIFICENT and xaos like this.
  6. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Wall is like a herpes flair up.

clos4life likes this.
  7. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

All about dem assesses baby!!!

Rockets FTW likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

I would think 18 is a lot more valuable than 26 and 28 just because the quality in the draft is almost at 2nd rounder level at that point.

CarlosGM likes this.
  9. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Agreed. That’s why I like the pick swap better than getting a crappy late first (say 26) for Gordon.

10. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

This was a wild deadline that's for sure.
    Interested to see how they handle the Wall situation

11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yeah I just realized Gordon, Matthews, Bruno’s contracts are all non guaranteed for 23-24. Guess it’s about turning those contracts into draft picks.

ElPigto likes this.
  12. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Not a fan of this trade. Technically didn't pick up any new assets. I personally would have trade for multiple 2nd rounders. Rockets don't need any more first rounders.

For me, Stone is still a big question mark as a GM. I don't recall any trades he has done that has impressed me (maybe Sengun trade). Rockets desperately need to hire a real/assistant GM and move Stone to another role (President of Basketball Operations).

Drafts ok (with the amounts of picks he has, its obvious he will hit on a few)

Trades: Eh, nothing crazy

Little Bit likes this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Isn't he getting bought out?

14. lionaire

lionaire Member

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Can we use the Brooklyn pick swap on our clippers pick swap? I.e. swap the Brooklyn pick with the Clippers pick.

16. i3artow i3aller

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

21 pages:eek:

EG deal FINALLY gets done:eek:

Best of luck EG. Have fun!:D

sirjesse likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Blew up in his face? No, it didn’t blow up in his face but it was mediocre?

What happened is they held onto a player that really didn’t want to be on the team, that gave less than max effort and had disassociated with his teammates. He also took minutes from young players and didn’t help much in the W/L record.

At the end of the day, it was mostly a waste of time but at least he didn’t have to buy Gordon out or settle for a second rounder that wouldn’t convey.

He moved up a handful of picks from the bottom of the draft, to towards the bottom of the draft.

Maybe Stone thinks he can trade a pick in the 18-23 range for future assets more easily than a pick in 27-30.

Personally I think he over plates his hand and scrambled to get some value, and he did do that.

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No sir. We don't own the Brooklyn pick this year, it's just the option to swap with our pick (worst of the 2). That pick is 100% going to be a lottery pick, therefore, we won't be swapping that one.

20. Nook

Nook Member

No one will say it, but Wall was overall not close to what people thought he would be. He was the highest rated point guard coming out of college in 25 years. He was ranked over guys like Rose, Paul, Williams and others.
    At 17-18 he was more explosive than Westbrook and faster from one side of the court to the other than anyone in the NBA.
    He never became special because of an inconsistent and piss poor work ethic and lack of discipline. He was heavily drinking a lot in Washington and wasn’t a leader.

He made a huge amount of money and can be nice at times but he should have been a first ballot Hall of Famer but he never improved. Too bad, he was pretty close to as “can’t miss” as you will find.

He donated a lot to charities and I credit him for that, but what a loser as a competitor.