1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade with Nets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Stros, Feb 9, 2023.

?

Would you consider trading the Nets back a pick and/or swap?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    47.2%
  1. Caesar

Caesar Member

AND i'm super high on Tari eventually becoming a high level starter and fan fave, so that puts Bari and Tari in our 4 and 3 spots so a PG is really the focus with the 2 and 5 also seemingly locked up. If we got Bridges now, and we do end up with Wemby, then i'd imagine Alpi(most likely) or bari would be very unhappy on the bench or one of them and Tari would be involved in the trade for Bridges and i don't like any of those scenarios. I'd much rather wait to get Wemby, and start Alpi and Bari with him for a large front 3. Same thing if we get Scoot or the pg twin and lock up our point, then Bridges fits at the 3 with Bari and Alpi and Tari a 6th man like he was at LSU

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Offer Brooklyn the 25 and 27 swap plus the 26 pick back for Bridges.

We get a very good pick in 2024 but then they are absolved of their debt to us.

3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Personally, I’d give up a pick and a swap for Bridges, and a pick for Johnson. Not sure how much I’d give up for both. Maybe a pick and all the swaps? One (or both) along with a good draft pick would really set up us nicely. I would be seriously tempted to give up two picks and two swaps for both. Their skill sets are exactly what we need.

Nook and xaos like this.
  4. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

Perhaps similar deal could be done in offseason around draft? We could give them their 2023 and 2025 swap rights back and 2024 1st.

Caesar likes this.
  5. xaos

xaos Member

I don't think it hurts our chances of either of them based on the current standings. I'd rather have Bridges over anyone in the upcoming free agency too

Obviously just one man's opinion here

Caesar likes this.
  6. xaos

xaos Member

I wonder if Eason or KMJ is being discussed here

Caesar likes this.
  7. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Forget Johnson, he is a free agent in the summer. However, I would love Bridges but he is not a STAR. I do not want to give him 3 draft picks. I would give him Milwaukee picks, next year picks and a swap. Bridges would be a true asset for our team next year, if we trade for him today, let him play 5 games and then a bad ankle problem and will be out for the rest of the year….STONE IF YOU COULD DO THIS….I would change my mind on you….DO SOMETHING STONE

8. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Nope leave Eason…KMJ, KPJ OR EVEN JABARI but keep yours hands off Eason

9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Johnson is a FRA. He’ll get paid, but his team will keep him if they want.

xaos likes this.
  10. xaos

xaos Member

Yeah I'm an Eason fan

11. MystikArkitect

Our picks or theirs that they owe us? I still think that Celtics with Marcus Smart/Al Horford is another avenue for us to shore up our depth with actual veterans who have playoff experience. Gordo + Tate + KPJ to Celtics for Smart/Horford and some combination of FRPs/KJ Martin for Bridges or Johnson. Horford can basically mentor Sengun as a physically limited but highly saavy center with high IQ. Smart is obvious. Bridges or Johnson would bring experience and defense.

We can then draft either Scoot/Amen Thompson if we don't land Wemby and they can learn from the bench and not be thrown into the lions den like our rookies have been. Don't know how all these #s work though.

Nook likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

can we first get Bridges on a 15 days trial contract to see if hell fit into Silasses system?

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

if cp3 wasnt injury prone hed be like 5 times champion...and if harden wasnt so fat lazy and in bad shape he wouldnt have suffered the injuries

14. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Phoenix didn’t give up anything for Beal, mostly because they didn’t have anything to give up. It remains to be seen what happens with Ayton, but they should get a decent return there. Health is going to determine how good the Suns are going forward, but this should be an improved team. They were already 13-9 after the ASG while the Nets were 11-13. Will this change the Nets approach going forward? With their entire drafting future in the Suns’ hands, and the Suns appearing to have improved their team, do they have a new incentive to tear it down and try to get some of their picks back from us?

OremLK likes this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Take on Simmons contract, for Bridges and a pick - or two and kick the can of the cap room 2 years down the road.....and if Simmons is healthy you get a bonus, but if not you get a massive boost in expirings in 2 years and you get 2 more years of growth with your core and Bridges or Cam.....to make a more informed decision.

DD

BMoney and csnerd84 like this.
  16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

If we have any chance of making a trade with the Nets, it would have to be for Cam Johnson and Bridges. We would have to send them back Four First Nets Picks, PLUS Sengun, Martin , Tate and Christopher.
    I know it a lot to send them but it will be required if we are to make a successful trade, I assure you!!! Y

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not if we took on the burden of SImmons contract into our cap space that would significantly lower their price.

DD

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Ive agreed with different ideas like this for some time but they seem hell bent on keeping the 45 and 37 dream alive. IMO if they lose Johnson it us more like 35 and 47.

Simmons and Bridges to Houston for KMJ/Garuba/#20/2026 FRP/2025 and 2027 swaps seems fair.

They basically concede a high high lottery pick in a weak draft but then can rebuild.

DaDakota likes this.