1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade with Nets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Stros, Feb 9, 2023.

?

Would you consider trading the Nets back a pick and/or swap?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    47.2%
  1. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

After the KD trade tonight following the Kyrie trade, the Nets roster has been severely weakened and as currently constructed is unlikely to be very competitive.

Obviously, this is great news for us, but given we control the Nets draft the next five years, it doesn’t give them any incentive to tank…

So why not give them one?

I think there’s an opportunity to do so by trading them back their 2025 swap and 2026 pick back to them in exchange for Bridges and one of the first round picks they received from the Suns. If we need to throw in the Bucks 2023 first that’s fine too.

Bridges’ three point shooting and defense represents exactly what this team is lacking and the proposed trade gives the Nets a plan forward to begin a true rebuild through the draft.

Thoughts?

Rockets FTW, xaos and ApolloRLB like this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

Nets didn't have incentive to tank back then either.

Verbal Christ and xaos like this.
  3. Landry's Tooth

I would do it because if Jabari straightens himself out you could have 2 lock down defenders and deadly shooters for your 2 forward spots...

That might leave you a true PG away regardless of whether Green ever figures out how to be awesome more often than once every 5 games.

4. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

The Nets are honestly not a bad team.

They have Simmons, Dinwiddie and a bunch of shooters who can defend.

I’d be down for Dinwiddie, Bridges, maybe Cam lol

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nyet, nyet, nyet...Leave them alone. Let it burn.

6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I’d certainly trade for Bridges depending on the comp.

Joe Joe and saleem like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

maybe we can give them all their picks back in exchange for their ownership

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

German soldiers jumping aflame from Normandy pillboxes, Plowman shouting to his fellow American soldiers: "Don't shoot! Let'em burn!"

Plowman likes this.
  9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I doubt they'll be looking to move Bridges unless they get an offer that blows them away

raining threes likes this.
  10. BleedRocketsRed

Hellll no lmao, that ownership is the reason their team is where they are right now

Htown Stros, Jontro and saleem like this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Has the KD to the Suns trade been finalized?
    @J.R.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets are in desperate need of a player like Bridges…not only is he really good on the court, but he’s good in the locker room as well

get a real coach and draft Wemby or Scoot, and we’ll have something simmering in the crockpot

Scoot/?
    Green/KPJ
    Bridges/Tari
    Bari/KJ
    Sengun/?

Htown Stros and Little Bit like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not yet I don’t think? Obviously should be today. (Nets maybe trying to move Crowder? but I don’t think that’s a holdup.)

saleem likes this.
  14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Whether rebuilding, retooling or straight up trying to win Bridges fits in for them. He's the best asset the Nets got from the Durant trade. They're not trading him for a first rounder.

Yes it would be nice to have him and that's the kind of player that fits immediately perfectly on any of the 30 teams in the NBA so imagine his market value. I think he's worth more to them than he is to us. He's worth a great first rounder and two mediocre first rounders. Maybe for 2 great first rounders.

Also, we don't "need" anything. We're rebuilding. You only start having needs when the core is set and matured, till then all the "needs" are temporary and transient so it would not be smart to spend any capital on them.

Htown Stros, Sluball3 and xaos like this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Kyrie is the one that led to the destruction of the big 3.
    It's a chain reaction.
    Refused to get vaccinated, kd and Harden had to carry the load, kd gets injured, harden has to carry the load solo, got sick of It especially when he came to win a ring not to see off court drama of kyrie. Left before things got worse.

Nets took a leap of faith on kd, traded for him and let him recuperate his injuries. Nets also accommodate grabbing kyrie and Harden.

All it took was big diva kyrie to end it all.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  16. BleedRocketsRed

Blame Kyrie all you want, Tsai did a poor job at handling the situations (in many cases, made it worse). He’s terrible (worse than Tillman) and that franchise is garbage.

Mathloom and Htown Stros like this.
  17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

They also built a powerhouse that would have likely gone 16-0 (or at worst 16-1 or 16-2) on their way to winning a title if those guys don’t get injured

18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

not even close. Tilman is by far the worst in the league. its been that way for years

saleem likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Standing up to your superstar players is not terrible.

Otherwise you would have the same situation in Houston where stars could check themselves into strip clubs on a regular basis.

The circumstances around the Nets should have been evaluated better and Nash shouldn't have coached....there are things one can always do better.

A normal fan would have seen that any of those 3 players is not the most 'reliable' star.

saleem likes this.