1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2023 Nets Pick Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by engr chris, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately no help to us. Kyrie has not been able to secure WINS for his teams ever in his career as the head honcho. if they trade him for some paltry package like Chris Paul and Jae Crowder, they will be the same or better.

Nets don't want him, that much is clear. This seems like an ambush by Kyrie while they were expecting to make this decision in the summer. Will shift the market.

Does KD stay? There's a small chance he follows Kyrie and says he wants to be traded.

2. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

3. foh

foh Member

Their brass has been through this before over the summer. They know that the guy is emotional loose cannon and I'm sure they've been shopping Kyrie this deadline. If anything, trading Kyrie when he asked out makes it slightly more difficult for KD to ask for trade but there is no deadline for Nets cause they will never get full value on the dollar for a nut case player that respects only a few aging players in the league.

Money stipulations and (perhaps) Bron/KD on a roster is the only way to keep Irving in check and everyone knows it by now.

JayGoogle likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I wonder what the championship incentive is…Is it tied to guaranteed years on the deal or a substantial amount of money? That’s a crazy stipulation to have on a contract

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

If Houston can help can get some assets to facilitate a trade without having to deal with the Kyrie Irving experience directly? Cool. If we end up with that nutbar, Tilman should sell the team.

6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

It's worse than that actually for the Nets as Kyrie has been a lethal poison to them from the start and will be until they get him off the team. This is a case where everyone KNOWS what everyone is doing. The reality of the summer never changed as it was all bad timing on KD and Kyrie's part. Nets told KD to be a good boy and they would see what they could do about a trade later with a wink wink that this team could still be a winner, hoping that would entice him to stay. KD and Kyrie went back and said lets play well for a few months and revisit your contract with them. KD getting Kyrie a contract has NOTHING to do with KD staying. He still wants out and then Kyrie would still want out later. You have to remember how much money Kyrie has lost. Sure, he's rich but that future contract is HUGE and his last payday. Also remember both of them miss a lot of games and then you have Ben Simmons. They know as well as any of us fans the power they wield in this situation.

It was best this summer and still in Net's best interest to move on even if horribly scarred and crippled in the future. Just like divorces, you don't always walk away to a better situation, you just have to leave. Suffer miserably until 2028 and then suffer through a rebuild or begin to suffer now with hope for the future. The Nets are the textbook example of being at the end of the road to hell and having to turn around and go back to start on the right road. People have a mistaken belief that people like KD and Kyrie value what a few sportswriters and some fans think. They have the money, the fame, and the accolades that no one is taking back. LBJ has taught every player now the value of being a mercenary and writing your own story.

JayGoogle likes this.
  7. i3artow i3aller

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

9. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Maybe we should consider giving Brooklyn some of their picks back in a three way for Kuminga and Wiseman coming to the Rockets, so that Brooklyn could feel comfortable going into full tank mode for the next few years.

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Durant+Head Honcho+Gordon to Miami

Tate+Kyle Lowry to LAL

Westbrook+2027 Miami 1st+2029 Lakers 1st+2026 Brooklyn pick back to Brooklyn. 2027 swap back to Brooklyn.

Herro and Duncan Robinson to Houston.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

edit - fake news…nvm

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Kyrie is literally a locker room cancer, man is probably deluding himself in thinking his behavior is a show of player empowerment and sticking it to the owners. Man looks like he has never even completed a full season ever in his career. 54, 29 and 40 games in his recent seasons and now wants a full max contract?
    Any franchise that signs him to a full max contract is gonna get screwed by this dude.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Wiseman sucks. Kuminga is ok, but not any where near as good as Tari. Those Brooklyn picks could be incredible, depending on what they get for Durant after Irving leaves. No way they should be traded for unproven players like Kuminga and Wiseman. Now if they can package them for real difference makers that’s another story.

14. i3artow i3aller

15. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

That seems like more than I would have thought under the circumstances. Dallas is taking a huge risk here and that risk could bring enough drama to ultimately lose Luka in a year.

One can only assume Luka pushed for this trade in some way.

For the Nets it’s not like this makes them dramatically better even when Durant is healthy. Wouldn’t be surprised if they did they trade today so they could try and repackage these picks for another player that they think helps Durant enough to keep him happy ish.

Corrosion likes this.
  17. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

upload_2023-2-5_12-12-7.gif

18. Denovo

Denovo Member

I wonder if Nic Clayton is available now after this trade.

I’d be targeting him at the deadline.

JoeBarelyCares and xaos like this.
  19. PWR

PWR Member

Not a bad trade by the Mavs, in my opinion. Luka has no excuses now. Get it done.

sirjesse likes this.
  20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

No excuses, and the West is wide open.

apollo33 and sirjesse like this.