1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2023 Nets Pick Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by engr chris, Apr 24, 2022.

1. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s probably their best strategy, but that team would be so garbage for four years before they even get to the picks they acquired.

Believe It! likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

3. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Irving does not want stipulations? What GM would give you a fully guaranteed contract? Those Net picks are looking good now, Durant might want to look elsewhere

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Perfect for us

Believe It! and theDude like this.
  5. xaos

xaos Member

Can't think of another high paid player in the NBA that does not deserve a fully guaranteed contract more than Irving

6. i3artow i3aller

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Biggest flake in the NBA.

flake

noun

INFORMAL

an unreliable, eccentric, or unconventional person.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

and yet cf's claims Jalen Brunson is apparently overpaid lol

AroundTheWorld, Believe It! and Reeko like this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Delusional.

We really need in the best way for this to happen this deadline. I could see a scenario of the sides reconciling if Durant comes back and they start winning again and the Nets will realize their future is tied to Durant and Kyrie, no matter how they feel about it, it's either Durant/Kyrie or give the Rockets (Yay) the picks they'd need to start rebuilding.

We desperately need someone to get desperate for Kyrie, Mavs, Lakers, Clippers...someone to sell their future to the Nets so they move off of him and then Durant will be begging for a trade next.

AroundTheWorld, Believe It! and Reeko like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

no joke, if I received a notification stating that the Rockets are finalizing a deal for Irving and will give him that contract, I would not be surprised at all

our cap space is getting spent one way or another this offseason so we can try to compete next year

YOLO likes this.
  12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

It's very clear here, including back to the summer, that both Kyrie and KD are acting together. KD lobbied to get Kyrie the max and the Nets told him to f off. Kyrie requested SnT too late and couldn't work the offers. KD knew problems with Simmons and with no future for Kyrie knew he needed to get out of there. They both went back to the team and figured they would wait for now to try to do the same thing. Kyrie said to the team I have been a good boy give me my deal. Team said no, Kyrie knew the deadline was coming and played the game again. KD will want out again soon enough. Kyrie Irving, Houston Rockets legend.

Mathloom and Plowman like this.
  13. i3artow i3aller

I need them to wrap this up by Sunday. This will hold up the entire trade market.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tsai and Marks refuse to move forward with Kyrie unless there's a bunch of stipulations and protections...they will not go through 4 more years of Kyrie's nonsense with no way out

I don't blame them, but this is what happens when u tie yourself down to someone that unreliable and unstable

dude drove Harden away and destroyed a contender

imagine if they had this improved Harden right now...BK would be 1st in the East and would be meeting Boston in the ECF

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

them and Toronto...rip the bandaid off

Believe It! and i3artow i3aller like this.
  16. i3artow i3aller

17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Maybe better for us if he just bounces in the summer. Nothing back for him maybe increases odds that Durant would be dealt for picks only?

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The risk here is that the Nets might come to realize that pragmatically...Kyrie is their future (for better or worse, mainly worse). Signing him for 4 more years (no matter his price) and being at best a gatekeeper for upcoming teams is a lot better than just giving the Rockets top 10 picks, if you are the Nets FO of course. They have no rebuilding path here to suck for a few years. They have to be desperate now to win now.

The risk is that Durant comes back post break and they start winning and feeling themselves a little, they get bounced in the 2nd round to Boston or Philly or the Bucks and then start thinking "Hey, we re-sign Kyrie, get this or that vet, maybe we beat those guys..." that's the danger for us if they keep him past this deadline.

I mean, of course Kyrie could always just randomly miss games for this or that reason or just decide to sit out games or whatever...but don't forget the Durant factor in all this. If Durant doesn't have a backup plan, if he's not trying to work his way out of BKN then he's going to be trying his best to keep this team together.

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

And the Brooklyn soap opera reignites!

And things seemed to be going so well for them ;)

Any trade they make will be trading down (Westbrook?).
    Signing him to a big contract looks scary considering his chaotic nature.

However it plays out, Kyrie wanting out is good for the Rockets. It forces a decision that the BKN brass didnt want to make until the off-season.
    Forced action is often times wrong action. Lets see what BKN comes up with. They could end up doing Houston a big favor and not realize it until its too late :)

AroundTheWorld and Plowman like this.
  20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Your probably right but I’m thinking Durant is gonna be done regardless.