1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the second half of the Lakers-Nuggets Game 5 -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Can the Texans afford to fire Lovie?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Nov 20, 2022.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://www.nfl.com/news/a-look-at-...f-five-teams-as-2022-nfl-season-nears-its-end

Rudyc281 and conquistador#11 like this.
  2. BballFacts

BballFacts Member

Lovie had the players fired up and ready to go to start the season. The team easily would've been 3-0 to start the year if they didn't have an incompetent qb starting. The team soon got deflated realizing they had no chance to win with mills as their qb. Thank McNair and caserio for forcing mills on Lovienand the team and fanbase. Poor Lovie has to run a 2 qb system right now as a result yet he STILL has the team balling out for him.to end the year.

Loviebisnt the problem, at all. It's the same texans incompetence up top and terrible management of this franchise.

Poor Lovie Smith deserves better.

Fulgore, JamesC and a time to chill like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So what's the excuse for Lovie's defense being 30th in the league against both the rush and the pass? Poor Lovie my as*. Caserio, Lovie, and Pep can all pack sandbags for hurricane season of 2023..That would at least do something worthwhile.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

For the people that want Lovie fired: who would you have, replace him?

Obviously, you want someone good. And then, you'd want someone willing to come to the worst team in all of pro football. Then, that person would want the FO to draft well, in order to not have another lost season.

Because if you have someone good and willing (call him coach X), but this team has another terrible season, there's going to be 2-3 threads again wondering if we should fire coach X. And then the cycle starts anew.

a time to chill likes this.
  5. a time to chill

BMoney and JamesC like this.
  6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

How about they bring in an actual HC candidate. Culley was not a HC candidate anywhere else. Lovie Smith was not a HC candidate anywhere else. They settled for those guys with the intention of firing them after 1 or 2 years.

They very well could end up having an idiot of a GM who also maybe wants to secretly be a HC and thus he is complicit in this strategy…

7. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Easily DeMeco Ryan’s. If not him, Gannon, Dan Quinn or Jim Harbaugh

persian hoopa and Two Sandwiches like this.
  8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

What about Kellen Moore? Serious question here...

Fiah likes this.
  9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Oh, stop. Lovie Smith shouldn't have got the job in the first place. He's been bad for a long time.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

He’d jump to the top of the list

Texans should check on him

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Man, he just irritates me. Just STFU and accept defeat.

persian hoopa and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yeah, because that soundbite is going to look real good to his next potential employer. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

B-Bob and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. Damion Laverne

Lovie is also the same guy that insists on running an antiquated defense that doesn’t work, so there’s that.

16. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Yeah just can’t listen to what Lovie says, he cannot say anything other than we are trying to win. Vikings seem to be resting their starts because they more than likely prefer to play the Giants rather than the possibility of Aaron Rodgers and the Packers if they win. For Vikings to get the 2 seed they would have to have the Niners lose to Cardinals which doesn’t seem likely as well.

I have been looking at which teams will fire their coach on Black Monday but I am just not seeing the “Slam Dunk” for sure firings. I know there will be some but hard to pin down which ones. These teams wouldn’t shock me if they did fire or have their coach stepping down.

Patriots, Browns, Texans, Commanders, Bears, Bucs, Saints, Falcons, Cardinals, Rams. My prediction is 4-5 of these teams make changes which would bring the total openings to 7-8. I think the hottest candidates from what you read is:

Jim Harbaugh, Demeco Ryans, Sean Payton, Dan Quinn, Ben Johnson, Shane Steichen, Jonathan Gannon. This is the order I prefer if the Texans move on from Lovie. What is everyone else’s order and did I miss any candidate?

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Seriously, screw this guy. Draft position is the only thing that matters after this dumpster fire.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If not a real head coach, any random poster in this forum?

20. raining threes

Mike Kalfka should be added to this list.

Rocket Guy likes this.