1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

What part of what Major said relates to buying low selling high?
    Perhaps reading comprehension wasn't taught well in 99.

2. Sajan

Sajan Member

3. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

This reminds me of my favorite game from the dot com bubble. Just buy puts/short before the lockup. People couldn't run fast enough from koop.com, drugstore.com etc...that was true insider selling as fast as they could..

Thanks for the chart. I'm just thinking about how much money I made not buying those stocks (except Carvana which I was clamoring to short since 2019). Maybe I'll sell a rental property so that I can buy even MOAR shares of something...or sell the Peloton bike to buy some Peloton shares...

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

Man I missed CVNA....not because I didn't know it was a complete bubble, but I totally forgot to put the ticker on my watchlist to short/buy puts.
    I follow the car market closely and I knew it was only a matter of time it popped.

2021 was pretty much telling my friends "man it doesn't make any sense, none of this makes sense.."
    2022 "ugh, i knew it but didn't have the balls to short it"

5. CXbby

CXbby Member

Good thing those other company’s ceos didn’t make mean tweets, imagine how much more they would be down!

6. Sajan

Sajan Member

Because the only reason stocks go down is because of bad tweets by CEOs right? NO OTHER REASON.

Don't be a clown.

Ziggy likes this.
  7. CXbby

CXbby Member

I never thought I would ever be all in Tsla again after 2020-21, but did not anticipate they would give me this gift. Most likely no bottom until second half of 2023, but dollar cost averaging below $100 should be a safe bet long term.

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

That’s the point! Ev bubble was bound to pop, the tweets are inconsequential.

9. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Easy on the eyes too

Sajan likes this.
  10. Sajan

Sajan Member

You can't tell me the decline had NOTHING to do with Elon tweeting...

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

Because Gary Black said so? I was all in Tsla 5 years before he even knew what Tsla was, these late comers crying cuz they bought high.

But yes of course Elon has something to do with the decline, his selling mainly, that directly tanked the stock and triggered cascading margin calls on idiot bag holders that never should have been on margin. And yes the tweets also contribute to sentiment, I see a lot of early shareholders who were big Elon fans bailing cuz of the tweets, a lot of these guys are liberals who got in on the green save the earth angle. Both these factors contribute to the stock decline, but neither have ANY impact on the business.

Question is do buyers of the car, not stock, get affected by Elon, and I’m still in the camp of a hard no. It’s easy to bail on the stock when you are pissed at the ceo especially when the stock is tanking are you are losing money. It’s a bigger leap to knowingly waste $60k on a lesser car because of the ceo, that’s just not how people make purchasing decisions. People don’t care that Chik fila’s ceo is homophobic, people don’t care that Volkswagen cheated on their emissions, no one stopped buying gas from SLB when they had an oil spill, etc etc.

People are acting like Elon turned into literal Hitler or something when all he did was get pushed to the conservative side after attacks from democrats. Last I checked half this country is conservative and would welcome him with open arms. He didn’t kill a kitten or break the law, he just expressed a political opinion that’s different than some, it will have zero impact on the business in the long run. (In the short run the most zealous of the virtue signalers will cancel their orders and brag to show how heroic they are, this is the bottom 1% that would cut off their nose to spite their face, I say good riddance)

12. Sajan

Sajan Member

Gary black is a fool. I just used his tweet to illustrate the declines are mostly after Elon buying Twitter. He has a few shares for his tiny ass fund and he thinks he is some big time player.

But you are right that the non-stock market average folks might not care at all when it comes to buying their next car. And the ones crying now are "bulls" who bought TSLA at 1200.

Like I said in the Southwest airlines thread, people's outrage only last a few days and then they go back to buying the same brand or product.
    WE ARE GOING TO BOYCOTT! YA!

CXbby likes this.
  13. CXbby

CXbby Member

14. Sajan

Sajan Member

You referring to the entire market?

15. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tesla going back to 150?

Sajan and The Real Shady like this.
  16. Sajan

Sajan Member

Ya due for a technical bounce. Grab some calls and enjoy the ride up.

The Real Shady and Invisible Fan like this.
  17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The democrats helped Tesla greatly in the beginning and if they systematically turn on the company it could be bad news. Just look at what they did to the big three when the UAW pushed them. I'm not saying Dems will just end regulatory credits but as Tesla is such an outlier in volume they could shut down benefits for them without hurting smaller EV's or other automakers who have less EV volume.

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

That weekly chart setup has me all kinds of horney.

[​IMG]

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

I guess not.

RIP calls. Glad I didn't go big.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  20. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Anyone interested in making a run on the frozen concentrated orange juice market today? The crop reports are going to be announced soon.

CrazyJoeDavola likes this.