1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2022-23

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

2. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Take the picks out. Is it still delusional? We’re taking on guys that are out for the year and sending back players to assist those teams to compete for a title.

3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

without the picks it's fine i guess? just garbage out garbage in

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Y2JT likes this.
  5. fattz

fattz Member

Hopefully Lonzo Ball’s prolonged knee and Bulls falling out of the playoff race; makes a window of opportunity.

Gordon, Martin, BKN & MIL both lottery protected.
    For
    Lonzo Ball

Lonzo fits with Green and Sengun. We have to many developing players already and Tate “injury” is/should heal. If one of the picks makes it into the lottery we get back. The lower FRP are still guaranteed contracts and roster spots.

Y2JT likes this.
  6. maj21

maj21 Member

I know y’all are gonna hate me for this.. I bc love KJ and Tari, but I think we could use a sniper at that spot. Like a guy with length that can defend. Kinda like a Trey Murphy type.

7. fattz

fattz Member

Bouknight could be had for next to nothing.

8. maj21

maj21 Member

I want more length and defense than him. But do you see what im saying? Idk if we need both KJ and Tari. I’m would like one of those guys to be a sniper

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Eason is shooting 39% as a rookie playing amazing defense. Seems like that is what you are looking for.

10. maj21

maj21 Member

He is shooting but still not a sniper. I’m talking more of a high volume guy and one that teams are afraid to leave open

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Has anyone seen Chris Duarte play ?

He was an older guy drafted higher than expected by Indiana and had an OK rookie year ,but has been pushed aside by Halliburton and nembhard .

Looking at IND they have a lot of guard depth . Compared to the rockets who have more front court prospects. Maybe they'd flip him for KPJ or we could work a 3-way

Value seems about fair .

dmoneybangbang and xaos like this.
  12. fattz

fattz Member

Porter is very hard to trade. “Poison Pill”. Martin or Garuba is our trade chip for this to happen, IMO.

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

**** man . Meant KMJ not KPJ

Yes makes much more sense

fattz likes this.
  14. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think they should go after Georges Niang. Probably not to start, but definitely a sniper.

If they could buy low on someone like John Collins, could Jabari start at SF? Most nights, one (if not both) of those guys would have a shorter player guarding them and it could really help on the 3pt percentages.

15. maj21

maj21 Member

I’m not paying Collins all that money, that’s my problem with him. The draft is a huge factor too, depending on who we get

Corrosion likes this.
  16. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Collins can get back to where he was when he signed the deal, I think his contract is a deal. But names aside, the real question is if a 3pt shooting PF becomes available, can Jabari move to SF?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  17. maj21

maj21 Member

I think he could play the 3, but I’d rather have a 3 that can put the ball on the floor a lil better. I’m glad you agree on us needing a sharpshooter

theDude likes this.
  18. Landry's Tooth

To Suns
    Eric Gordon
    Kenyon Martin Jr
    #1 pick from Houston

To Bulls
    Mikal Bridges
    Jae Crowder
    Usman Garuba

To Rockets
    Patrick Williams
    Nikola Vucevic

Rockets starting 5:
    Porter
    Green
    Smith
    Williams
    Sengun

Bench
    Tate
    Christopher
    Matthews
    Eason
    Vucevic

I think Williams as a guy who plays d, hits 40%+ from 3, and is on a rookie deal has more trade value than Bridges.

I think he and Smith would be almost interchangeable.

Bridges is a high price for Suns, but turning him and Crowder into Gordon, Martin, and a pick would seem like good value.

Martin could run the pick and roll game better and the extra pick could land them help at the deadline.

Bulls could have minutes for Garuba and have Bridges replace Williams. Crowder gives them depth... it also unloads Vucevic who had become a negative but has an expiring deal... saves cap space in long run from moving on from him...

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You are referring to the rockets #1 pick this year ??

20. Landry's Tooth

No, should have been more specific... figured a brooklyn pick with maybe top 3 protection...