1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Harden, green, Eason, Jabari and senguin is a pretty legit line up. Eason and Jabari lead the defense and harden even gets to take plays off when they run plays for green.
    Kpjs full potential can be unlocked coming off the bench to do his thing with kmj. This is not including whoever we draft this year.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  2. eman

eman Contributing Member

I still haven’t gotten over that 13 turnover playoff game.

He looked good today. Hope he wins a chip with Morey and retires a 76er.

Mr. Dominant and daywalker02 like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey will try to convince him to stay another 2-3 years.

4. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

As he should. The most logical move for both sides is 2-3 year max with Philly. Then he can come back afterwards when we're ready to compete, for real

Honestly, if he were still in Brooklyn then I would 110% believe he's going to come back for sure. But Philly has Daryl in his ear, his close friend PJ etc. I think they're gonna convince him to stay.

#364 shocky2002, Dec 25, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
    Ancient Moabite and daywalker02 like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Both sides shouldn't force a deal, whatever happens, his jersey will be retired, the more urgent matter is to hire a real coach and surround the young guys with affordable vets.

Start playing for another instead of looking out for oneself.

ramotadab and fattz like this.
  6. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Seriously. The only player on that list that’s remotely on Harden’s level is Kyrie Irvine. But dude is a nut case.

Y2JT likes this.
  7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Legit question: how would it affect the ability to keep those guys?
    Houston has their bird rights and so can pay them whatever.

The issue would be hard-capping ourselves at the tax apron in the wrong off-season

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Trade the first to the Thunder for the second and Chet.

Scoot
    Green
    Lebron
    Chet
    Jabari

TyTy
    KPJ
    Eason
    Martin
    Garuba

joking ;)

#368 peleincubus, Dec 25, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
  9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I don’t think we need Harden after 3 years...

10. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

11. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Sadly, this is where the Harden hater's arguments completely fall apart. If we didn't have a history with him no one would be looking at the situation this way. People that wanted the Rockets to tank KNEW this was the last year with maybe Wemby or Scoot as the prize. Rockets need to sign FAs because 2024 and 2026 are going to OKC. We have all of those Nets picks. After this year we need to build our team as strong as possible for FREE and let the Nets picks do their work. I don't want to trade them all for a star BUT you now have endless options ONLY when you use our money for free. FA is ****. Who wants to come to the worst team? The only real options left were Middleton and Beard with really only Beard a somewhat realistic target. It's not like Ja is sitting out here waiting around for our call. If Beard is here with Wemby they you can start looking out for all of the disgruntled cats out there or be smart and just sit back and collect the lotto talent to fortify the team and continue to get better.

SamFisher and JayGoogle like this.
  12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yeah, if Harden wante to return theres no way the Rockets pass.

Harden basically becomes CP3 with how he affected OKC and the suns.

Plus youd be able to sign or trade for another legit piece.

You can trade or keep kpj as 6th man and have.

Y2JT likes this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't like it one bit. Harden is not a winner. They need to go after players like CP3 or Lebron. You know, leader types.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

A million times this.

Fact is, Harden is the best FA of the 2023 class and its not even close.

The only other FA that we should target outside of him is Myles Turner

Y2JT and SamFisher like this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U sign harden and maybe we might have more free agents willing to come in the seasons after. It's extremely hard to sign someone of harden's caliber that actually wants to play for our team.

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

This is just Harden creating some leverage - so Morey doesnt come at him with some bs contract...
    Folks were saying last year what a swell guy Blames was to take less money to let Philly add some pieces...
    Dude was just playing the long game... now he's gonna bleed Morey for some supermax deal well past his prime...

J.R. and GotGame15 like this.
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

James for sure aint averaging 30 pts anymore, but he still the best player if he joins us. I think the thing I like most about harden's game is that he does make everybody around him better, it would b nice to see our rookies play better than what we are currently watching

18. Ancient Moabite

Do you define winner by just titles alone? To me winning is advancing which the ultimate point would be a Finals trip but you have to go thru the struggle which is the learning (so called losing) process

Similar to how those Zeke led Pistons did against Bird Celtics and Jordan Bulls against those same Pistons, also how Shaq/Kobe took their lessons during those early Lakers years before breaking out with 4 Finals trips in 5 year span, even the Dream Rockets went thru it after 86' trip and made it back in 94'

Harden Rockets just maxed out with couple WCF trips, which he got most of the credit and blame for the end result, the winner and loser conundrum

19. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Harden would turn Jalen and Jabari into WEAPONS very fast.

They are both actually great fits for James offensively.

Y2JT, joshuaao and DrNuegebauer like this.
  20. keeez

keeez Member

I think best case scenario is he wins a chip while getting a huge 3-4 year deal with Philly then comes back to Houston for his last few years on a favorable contract for us.

DreamR likes this.