1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

yes and now the same argument is repeated for a player that has even less production. It is insane.

clutchdabear and Easy like this.
  2. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

while that is true, to get his efficiency up on the correct role, he has to take less shots and wait for the right opportunity to take the shot. It is totally different than using the ball constantly, I suspect he can do that based on his current decision making quality. He takes a shot and if he scores he thinks he earned a couple more shots regardless of quality. I don’t think this mentality will change.

clutchdabear likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Tell me which team would luke to have him in the locker room.

Lakers maybe? I cannot think of anyone else.

4. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man that charge late in the game is a microcosm of what is wrong with KPJ's decision making skills. I mean he has a man streaking down for an open alley and he decides to drive into a defender that clearly has position.... .... .... SMH

I try not to get down on players after a loss but damn...

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

KPJ is completely worthless. Just cut the idiot and be done

6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I really do think that he saw all the open options and thought that he had a chance to be the MAN after having a bad night shooting.

And thus he placed himself above the team and cost us the most important two points of the night.

I was pretty positive towards him at the start of the season. He said all the right things and was mature off the court.

Now I can’t wait for someone to take the one spot away from him

Dobbizzle, maypk and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

KPJ is a failed experiment.

8. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Tunnel vision, low BBIQ, hero ball mentality, "my shot first" attitude... well, what can go wrong with this guy?

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

At this point, I have to believe that no one in the Rockets believe KPJ is any good as the primary playmaker and we are just doing it for the tank.

RudyTBag, Nook, Roomba and 4 others like this.
  10. maj21

maj21 Member

Tbh, my biggest problem with KPJ was him over helping on D. He doesn’t know how to help and protect the 3 point line. I just don’t get, he does it every game. Sometimes it’ll be good D and he’ll help for no reason

studogg likes this.
  11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Not knowing what to do or when to do things has always been KPJ's issue. 4 years into the league, nothing has changed.

Richie_Rich, RudyTBag, Nook and 2 others like this.
  12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This is what happens when the holidays are around the corner my man. We all just lose focus. It's understandable. @Os Trigonum

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's so painfully obvious that the TEAM would do much better if most of KPJ's minutes were to go to TyTy.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Throw in:
    Inefficient
    Poor bbiq
    Locker room headcase

Nook and clutchdabear like this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I love him once again with the disgusting body language right in front of Sengun after Luka scored with 5:36 to go in the fourth....

This f*cking idiot is so stupid he doesn't realise it's his own fault that he just let Luka waltz through unimpeded the ring.

How good would it be if his teamates would walk over to him and remonstrate in his face every time his man shoots an uncontested 3 on the perimeter.

Toyota Centre would run out of soup he'd be tossing them at Rockets players that often.

16. NateNate

NateNate Member

I had to do a double take to see if i was the one that posted this because this is pretty much exactly what I’ve been saying (outside of this forum). KPJ needs to have his role shrunk from the coaching staff and KPJ himself needs to shrink his actual game. He does some things really well. If he would just stick to what he does well and cut out all the extra bullshit from his game he would been a really effective player. I just don’t see that happening, unfortunately.

DaDakota, O-dawg and Roomba like this.
  17. maypk

maypk Member

This is hilarious.

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Haha. You know someone's defense has to be atrocious if Jalen Green is going wtf are you doing.

19. Nook

Nook Member

No, Stone and Silas really do like KPJ and in good faith believed he could not only be a big part of the Rockets, but lead them. Has that changed in the last month? IDK but I highly doubt the Rockets would pass on someone like Henderson or Thompson because they have KPJ.

Credit to KPJ, he has established himself as a long term NBA player if he keeps his nose clean, but he isn’t a good NBA player. He can be a 6th man on a bad team.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The team can't shoot, but people blame KPJ.....lol....

The TEAM CAN'T shoot.

DD