1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. a time to chill

What KPJ said wasn't even all that bad. People just taking his quote out of context to get a reaction. This is the video. Watch for yourselves.

Shark44 likes this.
  2. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I didn't say he should get it every time down the court. Most of your post has nothing to do with what I'm asking. I said I don't understand why he isn't getting more than he is now. DD specifically said "though I would like to see him get the ball more on the block, I understand why he isn't." If he understands why Alp isn't getting the ball on the block more often, I'd just like to hear why.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Because the only way he is this efficiency darling is from 5 foot baby hooks. He isnt driving to the hole. He isnt picking and popping. He's an average roll man. If he cant step out and hit shots then you MUST dump into him time and time again and hope the numbers games of 3's vs 2's doesnt catch up to you. Its not some sort of profound, esoteric knowledge on DDs part. Guard attack offense with poor outside shooters and an awesome post guy is a bad combo.

4. harold bingo

Supporting Member

You still aren't answering my question. There's a big difference between what we're doing now and "post up every possession." Why can't it be more often than we're doing now, but less often than every possession?

5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I just pointed that out to him in another post. When he knows he's wrong he makes something up that has nothing to do with what you said lol

6. harold bingo

Supporting Member

Also this number seemed too low to believe so I looked it up. Jokic is actually leading the league with 9.3 per game, not "barely 5". Not sure where you got this number from but nba.com says 9.3 per game this season.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You're right. I misspoke looking at the wrong player. https://www.nba.com/stats/players/tracking-post-ups?dir=D&sort=POST_TOUCHES

So you want to post up Sengun 10 times a game? Cool do it lets see how that works out. I have my popcorn ready.

9. harold bingo

Supporting Member

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

because it would be easier for the truth to come up on the surface

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ah and silly me i thought it was the stamina problems, or the foul trouble, otherwise, i am told so, hed be getting plenty of minutes and touches...

i am also told we are not trying to win so it doesnt matter if kpj & jalen green are the worst defensive backcourt in the nba ...

AroundTheWorld and clutchdabear like this.
  12. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

7 minutes into the 2nd he gets his 4th personal. Stands there laughing. Sometimes you gotta ask yourself just how much of the sticky green he's runnin through before the game.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont worry theyll find someone to replace him...the trash always finds its way to the surface.... and i am also hearing the next years draft class has some wonderful players to pair with scoot or wemby....

Ankara1923 likes this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Folks like to blame sengun for ass defense but he was literally the only one with efficient offense can't say for ball chucker kpj. Like in a game where a teammate is on fire like sengun u pass him the dam ball. Pg 101.

Kpi took the most shots on the team Even when he sat out for foul trouble. So asinine that kpj stans always have to defend kpj.

Another game where the hot player is not fed the ball enough while kpj continues to shoot it like he's good at scoring. U feed the hot hand, even a dumb@$$ knows this.

Pretty sure the hot players could have reach career highs and lead us to wins if kpj wasn't trying to get his inefficient shots in all the time.

15. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

What the WHAT?!?

You can't make this ish up.

o_O

16. MystikArkitect

KPj not an Amazon Prime member confirmed. Did he also have to earn that in his contract?

theDude likes this.
  17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

The dumbest player in the history of the NBA

clutchdabear and LeDakota like this.
  18. bmd

bmd Member

KPJ is not a winning basketball player. I want him to not be on the Rockets anymore.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

KPJ is a young player, and young players are inconsistent......our entire team is inconsistent....including KPJ.

The fanbase - or some of em - seem to continually forget that fact.

DD

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

4th year vet. But keep making excuses for his bad turnovers and horrible shot selection

clutchdabear likes this.