1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 12/15/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2022.

1. WestendMassive

I'm still steamed about that sequence down the stretch where Sengun stood vertically and got the foul called on him, then on the other end Butler tried to jump vertical, brought his arms down and hacked Sengun and didn't get called for it.

It's almost a self-fulfilling prophecy - there's a narrative around Sengun that he's a bad defender so he never, ever gets any benefit of the doubt from the assholes holding the whistles. Butler has a rep as an all-world defender so he gets to foul everyone like Draymond.

It's bullshit and I can't stand it

maypk, joshuaao, ElPigto and 10 others like this.
  2. WestendMassive

Can someone explain to me why Butler got an And-1 for this?

3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

careless turnovers

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

cuz the refs were giving Jalen a lesson

5. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Totally. Fouls and moving screens is a very grey area where the calls heavily depends on the uniform and the player wearing it.

6. Arnel

Arnel Member

Food poisoning they said, too many chips I guess

WestendMassive likes this.
  7. Arnel

Arnel Member

"He is the tank commander" fixed it for ya ;)

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Arnel

Arnel Member

Hint... Stone is praying that we lose enough games to get Victor. He wants KPJ to take ALL the damn free throws if possible. And yea why should KPJ have to bend his knees a little bit while shooting free throws so he can shoot it in one smooth motion instead of just standing there and cocking the hand back and heaving the ball up there like he's doing and having it clank off the rim.. That's what we need this year, it's for Victor..

9. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Starting Bruno is the best thing for us

10. JW86

JW86 Member

Glad we lost and I absolutely hate, hate, hate the way our guards play. Green, KPJ & most of all Gordon because he's a veteran. I have nothing much to say about this one aside from some great effort and hustle by certain players during certain stretches of the game. Aside from that, our game plan was literally horse **** and we were way too sloppy with our passing, running plays lackadaisically, not looking to make plays for others but rather just drive aimlessly too often and perimeter defense was just asinine. Force Butler to shoot mid-range shots and run those wings off of the 3pt line for crying out loud. Strategy was just bad.

AlperenSengun, aaquaa and jim1961 like this.
  11. rocketchampsdad

ignorant boy ;
    even jon snow knows basketball better than you

Downtown Sniper and aaquaa like this.
  12. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Please someone to explain:
    -Miami was given a tech and Eric Gordon was chosen to use it when G.Matthews was on the floor. Ego missed. G.Matthews is something like 29/31 or 30/32 from FT this season, nearly perfect.So, I need to understand that :"Do we have a right to choose the player for FT, or is there a rule who will do it". If we have a chance which moron chosen Ego over G.Matthews?

aaquaa and rocketchampsdad like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

CALLED IT
    picks 13 and pick 30 beat on picks no 2 and 3
    TAKE THAT FOR DATA DUMBALYTICS

@Ankara1923
    @LeDakota
    @aaquaa
    @DreamShook
    @PeterKingX
    @AroundTheWorld
    @J.R.
    @tinman
    @harold bingo
    @ExTxGS
    @conquistador#11
    @CHAMPBOY
    @mirdirir
    @Joe Rocket
    @WestendMassive
    @Salvy
    @clutchdabear
    @berkowsk
    @j@amc
    @Killatron 2000
    @Dovahkiin
    @ExTxGS
    @cmoak1982
    @bmelo

14. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

[​IMG]

15. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

More coaching issue than picks I guess. Put Garuba or Eason on Herro, cut KPJ minutes, winnable game by 20. Even a lamppost, a walking stick could realize what was wrong. Except Silas and his beloved KPJ.
    It is a big burden to watch the games and seeing the same s... happening most of the times.

rocketchampsdad likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what?! dumbalytics told me its only top picks and hyped prospects that counts!
    so you are telling me a simple coaching decision can neutralize the top picks?
    i find it hard to believe...i mean between butler being top 30 pick and jalen being top 2 pick the amount of talent gap gotta be significant...otherwise teams wouldn't be tanking for years all the time...

then you add another top 3 pick in jabari...its a difference of nearly 50+ places in the draft between 2 teams top players...

perhaps these 2 guys are young, but then again jason tatum and jalen brown went to conference finals and went almost to the NBA finals their first year or 2 in the league...

aaquaa likes this.
  17. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Team chooses whomever they want on the floor at the time.
    Gordon just walked up and took it.
    No way Gary Bird's gonna tell EG no in that situation! (he doesn't have the "gravitas")

I've seen the same thing happen the last 2 or 3 games when KPJ has taken (and missed) a technical when Jalen was on the floor.
    Even though JG is a better ft shooter!

I know Jalen likes KPJ and wouldn't want to "rock the boat", especially with KPJ's mental volatility also factoring in.

Who I blame is Silas for not stepping in and saying...NO!
    But that word's obviously not in his vocabulary!
    With his players OR the officials!

18. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

As you posted before the top 30 picks might improve equally if they are given a certain training. There are few exceptions but drafts are mainly depends on coaching/training.

Once I was watching NBA draft when Derrick Coleman drafted before Gary Payton as #1 and an European player was chosen as #29, Toni Kukoc who should be picked top three.Tari Eason was drafted #17 who should be top 8. It seems that NBA executives are not famous for their vision, similar to some Rockets fans, imposed by biased media and start to belive what they were fed by certain groups.

Miami defeated Houston because of Rockets' poor management. It might be a false dawn for Heat and I will not surprise if they start to a losing streak. Fake Rockets win might be poisonous for them.

#1078 Ankara1923, Dec 16, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
    hakeem94 and rocketchampsdad like this.
  19. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I even did not mention KPJ cases because he is a selfish jack..., no brain but I just wanted to kow who is the moron in that specific case, Gordon or Silas or both?

rocketchampsdad likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Against the zone, we Have Alpi. He's our most experienced player against the zone and if he plays in the middle instead of out of place at the 3-pt line, his game will be devastating for the Heat.
    called it! ah i must be very smart, an offensive genius or something...

after all, it is not for nothing that @xaos put me into his top 3 posters

either that or silas is the most predictable coach in history of basketball....

Ankara1923 likes this.