1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Young guns developing and learning how to close games/win

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Dec 3, 2022.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

How do you know you'll get a better coach? Silas is employing a new age methodology and players are responding to it. We can see it from Jabari he looked lost af first 10 games now he looks much better.

Just cuz you dont see Silas shouting on the court doesnt mean he isnt doing anything.

don grahamleone and Zen Tabak like this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

So? Lakers already gave a boat ton of stuff in the trade (top 4 pick, Lonzo, BI, Josh Hart, 5 frps, 5 swaps etc) why does that mean Pels also get the no 1 pick over the Knicks who sorely needed Zion?

Knicks are even more valuable than Lakers but NBA will sacrifice them just to further enrich Pelicans?

Do you realize all Memphis got for Paul Gasol is Kwame Brown and draft rights to Marc Gasol?

#42 roslolian, Dec 7, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    don grahamleone likes this.
  3. Ancient Moabite

Well the NBA is first and last a business so that would make sense from wanting the Pelicans to create more buzz/$$$ and still basically recovering from Katrina and New Orleans is a major tourist attraction city, so bringing in Zion makes great biz sense from the inside looking out

New York is the so called Mecca (seat of the Empire) of sports and the Garden sells out rather they are contending or bottom / middle of the pack feeders, they get big media attention for having one of the most disliked owners in sports as a whole who gets more headlines (more so in past) than the avg. player, plus if they wanted they could just sign the prized free agents annually and go well over the cap being they are basically the United Nations and money capital of the USA (IMF / World bank / Fed Reserve)

they had to lowkey favor the Pels because didn't they end up losing their franchise player AD around that time?

This is why i feel the Harden trade will pay off, as the Rockets will have the 2nd/3rd and upcoming 1st (or 2nd overall) picks from that Harden trade and bottoming out, a young exciting core is very good for business, and Texas (Houston) is like the 3rd or 4th biggest market

but at the same time i could see another Texas team in the mix for the 1st overall pick as well, because the owners / commissioner all work together collectively as biz partners and do what's best for 30 or so branches

plus in sports they like history to repeat itself (Duncan = Wemby to Spurs)

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are learning and having a good ISO player like KPJ really helps in close games as you have a guy that can get a shot on his own versus having to rely on too many passes in congested areas.

DD

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. i3artow i3aller

44 min mark for those catching up

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

throughout the 2019 season, which was a disaster for lebron's fakers debut, the pels refused to give up AD for that asset platter

postseason the lottery comes and both of these magically happened: fakers got a top 4 pick from the 11 seed with just 9% odds and pels landed the top pick from the 8 seed with mere 6% odds

conveniently/coincidentally the league's biggest tv draw lebron was back on track and the fakers were contenders again

it don't get more obvious than this

Zen Tabak likes this.
  7. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Last year Spurs had 34 wins with only Murray as a real prospect.
    This year they got worse and the Rockets got better.

Yet they have the same record... Sounds like a far better coaching to me.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tari was a steal.

Just like Sengun last draft.

9. conquistador#11

Jabari, KPJ, Matthews are damn good to elite at shooting corner threes. If only there was a play and a player with good footwork who could draw a double team and leave those guys I listed wide open for the corner three. I rather have that shot than the dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, step back contested three.

aaquaa likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas needs to trust Sengun and figure out a way to fit him in his system.

Imagine if Rockets had a HC who actually knew how to unlock their young players.

11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

They can play him in the G-league to develop a 3-pt shot

.jk.....(maybe).

just blowing smoke at @cmoak1982

aaquaa and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Boy would be Wilt in the Gleague

aaquaa and ApacheWarrior like this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

So favorites to win G-league title again....make it happen mauray

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I am not say you are. But to me thinking that a billionaire would let another billionaire have a pick based on anything other than chance based upon the given rules is idiotic. Billionaires are not cool with their investments being fuqed with by ANY MEANS.

15. Ancient Moabite

All so called billionaires are not created equal, those in the NBA are collectively one so they do what is best for the total sum of them, regardless how they peddle it to the following masses as being in competition with each other, that is all for show

How can NY investment be f'ed with when the Knicks haven't won a title since the 70s but they sellout the garden and still make headlines from high profile signings(that failed) and a owner who was in the headlines for being incompetent? Also they have reached a couple Finals since their last title which is always good for biz

NY is the last team that needs assistance based on what I mentioned in my earlier reply, its called the Mecca for a reason and also the seat of the old Empire(state), plus the city/state has abundance of professional teams which is also another sign of high end $$$$

Plus in actuality those owners are just placeholders overseeing the institution as J Jones admitted not so long ago, the only reason why they are said billionaires is because they have a billion dollars worth of debt attached, they are the kings of debt, just as Trump proclaimed he is yrs ago

NY is basically the United Nations /IMF, they print unlimited debt notes

peleincubus likes this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

There were many times I saw shooters open at both corners but the penetrating guard didn't see them or didn't think of passing it to them.

conquistador#11 and aaquaa like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

LSU was playing a pro scheme defense.

Eason was a great draft pick. Mark Williams was the only guy I wanted in front
    of Eason.....other than those top 6 projected draft picks.

Eason looks like the steal of the draft.

D-rock and No Worries like this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Except the Williams part. He’s been a bust

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Big players take longer to develop. Tari strengths just translate better to the
    Rockets team. Defense at LSU was sophisticated.

Chad Johnson (Ocho-Cinco) said the Bengals offense was simple....then went
    to the Patriots where they run the Erhardt-Perkins (read & react) offense.

Texans ran that same type offense. I believe a free agent offensive lineman
    from the Broncos came over to the Texans and later said the offense was
    like reading Chinese backwards.

I give the Rockets current players a break, since it may be similar as a
    "Read and React" offense.

But when Capela was screening and a lob threat.....other Bigs were
    making fun of him. Saying it's embarrassing, that he just screens
    and rolls.....protect the rim. So simple. That's all Mark Williams
    will eventually need to be. Learn the rotation. Learn the opposing
    players. Learn the opposing teams favorite plays. Learn the different
    arenas.

LaMelo Ball being out all season has hurt Mark Williams. Just wait until
    Ball comes back. Those two will be lob threats from half court.

Kai Jones is another one coming around. But he will as well.

D-rock likes this.