1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FYI..Silas and Nix Are Still Embarrassingly Bad!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

Ancient Moabite, Nook and Os Trigonum like this.
  2. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I feel the more Sengun under performs, the more you idiots will blame Silas. It's like clockwork

3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Honestly the last two posts I made I said fk it. Repeat the same dumb ****. Why not? Silas does :D

pippendagimp likes this.
  4. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Again we have been the worst team for the last 2 seasons and still no #1 pick. I wish you guys would stop saying this ****.

5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Title literally has nothing to do with Sengun lol

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

So we didn't get #1 but we did get #2 & #3 .... not a bad consolation prize & Green has been better than #1 pick Cade.

Would you prefer #14 ..... or do you forget the times before Harden when Les refused to allow Morey to follow the process ?

This year, lets land in the top 5 again .... next year you can have your wish & get #14.

BHannes2BHonest and Nook like this.
  7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Incredibly dumb take.

The goal is too not get the #1 pick, it's to get the highest pick possible.

Being the worst team in the league guarantees you are no lower than 5th.

Right now we are in a terrible spot, with an lower chance at top 4 vs 5-8th

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

We have had the worst record for 2 seasons and we still dont have the #1 pick. That tells you that tanking isnt the way, it needs to hapepn naturally. At some point you need to actually start to put a plan together and not worry about the next guy. We barely concentrate on our last 2 top picks. Last years roy wasnt even a top 3 pick. Everyone thought Jabari was going #1. The point is you have no idea how things are going to pan out. You just dont know. Chances are just chances doesnt mean its going to happen. if we are the worse one more year and dont get a top 2 pick then what? You want to aim for the worst record again? and again? and again? We are starting from the bottom with a losing culture. At some point you need to develop what you have and not think about tanking. If we are not good enough and we naturally get a top pick fine. But we need growth at this point more than anything. Even if Wemby is the player they are saying he is, it is rare for a guy that tall to make it in the NBA for long without being plagued with injuries the entire time extremely rare in fact. You can aim for th highest pick every year, doesnt mean you'll get it or a a star. The aim should be development not looking at the standings trying to tank.

Imanimal likes this.
  9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Stopped reading there.

No, no it doesn't tell you that.

10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You didnt stop reading the rest of what I said is correct and you dont like it. You fall in love with tanking and lose sight of development and good coaching YOU WILL BUILD A LOSING CULTURE and WE WILL BE the Knicks and Kings. Lost for years. You need to build a good culture and if youre bad enough fine you get a top pick. Purposely losing year after year with a 13% chance at Wemby is not the way.

Imanimal likes this.
  11. Rocketeer4Life

Nix is Moochie Norris all over again lol

BamBam, NIKEstrad and Joe Rocket like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

I’ll just say this… if the Rockets get the #1 and the rights to Wemby…. Things will change drastically for the Rockets in a short period of time. Short of injuries, he is going to be a top 5 player in the world around the time he is old enough to drink…. He is one of the top 4 players to come out since 1984….. Sampson (maybe), Shaquille O’Neal, LeBron James and maybe Anthony Davis… that’s it and really only Shaq and LeBron were bigger.

Salvy and pippendagimp like this.
  13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

We'll see.

14. marinara

marinara Member

I’m basically willing to fight Nix so JC gets minutes

Joe Rocket likes this.
  15. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Time to unleash the TyTy. :)

dawesome likes this.
  16. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

I thought this thread was going to include statistics..... ah well

17. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Just to be clear its not that I dont think he'll be good. Its that I think the Rockets dont have the culture set where a young rookie can come in and be successfull. We dont have a real pg no real coach poor development. Naming KPJ the leader was a horrible thing to do. I doubt we get him but even if we do, I just dont see us being able to put him in the best situations to succeed. This team doesnt do that. I mean I would nt be sayin gthis if I felt we were developing players the right way but we were still losing. I would be like yeah bring Wemby but throwing game sby somehow mistreating our current players and messing up development is stupid to me. It reeks of AD in New Orleans. He'll be great the team will suck and he will leave.

18. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Right?!? We’re being competitive and tanking at the same time. It’s the best. Remember when we were consistently being blown out by 20?! Every game? At least I can enjoy watching us loose this year. I enjoy Al P, Martin Jr., JGreen, even Jabari is coming out of his shell.

19. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I've said this many times. The Knicks never TRY to lose that's why the always end up with mid lottery picks and end up with losers like Toppin, Ntlikina, Knox. Rj was the only top 3 pick they had since Patrick Freaking Ewing. It they tanked properly and bottomed out those would've been top 3 picks and they'd be better off. They've been doing exactly what you wanted for 20 years now. Trying to win with the crappy players they have. It's gotten them nowhere.

larsv8 likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

but remmeber its not their fault...rockets lack top pick talent...