1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 11/30/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 30, 2022.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ah its even funnier when you realize denver didnt tank at all...they got their PERRENIAL MVP at no 40 something and run away with it...

stone got his MVP at no 16 and continued to tank...In search of the mythical top picks...lolol

all people stumble upon the truth somewhere in their lives...most of them pick up themselves and continue as if nothing happened ...

and its not like you need a special coach to develop alpi....NO....YOU JUST NEED ANYONE(a random ppl from street will do) TO JUST LET HIM PLAY AND NOT PUT OBSTACLES IN HIS WAY...
    lololololol

aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't think it's surprising.

It spoke for the greatness of Harden but Harden was eventually going to decline and the likes of Jokic would thrive.

The passing of the scepter if you will.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

That was just a terrible effort all around from everyone. Silas can't even get these guys to play hard or buy in with anything.

aaquaa and PeterKingX like this.
  4. i3artow i3aller

5. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

Sounds like you need a job guy .You on here too much typing too much

charlieaustin likes this.
  6. Risingred

Risingred Member

1. It should be an offensive foul in the first place.
    2. Nobody and no team is defending well against long offensive rebounds.

KPJ lost his man but that wasn't the reason they scored. The refs didn't call the offensive foul in the first place and resulted in the unfortunate long rebound. It's funny that there were so many good examples out there CF can demonstrate, but they picked the ambiguous one.

aaquaa likes this.
  7. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

This. This is why Silas needs to be fired. We need coaches to bring fire out of our young guys or to make it clear these young guys aren’t it. If this is Sengun and KPJ, then they aren’t the future. If this is players part of a losing culture giving into frustration…. Fire Silas for the love of all things Houston.

aaquaa and DaDakota like this.
  8. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

After boban's retirement, he could be a candidate for rockets next hc…looke at him, a nice guy n more much welcomed than silas,.
    Keep in mind…we only recruit 'nice guy' or 'yes man' as our hc.

9. i3artow i3aller

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

He's right. I find the team pretty hard to root for day in and day out; even following it is pretty difficult. I'm here to read some of the more inventive wisecracks, I guess. We can blame Silas all we want, but these effort plays say something profound about both the players and the organizational culture.

11. conquistador#11

The Bobfather.

12. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

I would agree to an extent, but we've also seen what losing culture, losing mentality does to players. Look at players leaving losing systems and cultures succeed elsewhere. Tanking is crap, and when you have your supposed best player say things in the past like it's not about winning but improving (jalen) it shows a culture problem. This isn't JVG era basketball anymore, players are different. One of the reasons I like Jabari is he seems to be old school personality-wise.
    Anyways, fire Silas, bring a coach with passion and intensity. A young, hungry coach. And then we'll see what players need to stay. Right now, which is horrible, we still don't know what we have in these young guys.

13. RocketsDraftTV

only because the amount of miles on hardens body

harden had no fear of this nuggets team EVER

14. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

@B-Bob

B-Bob, DeBeards and i3artow i3aller like this.
  15. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

If Alpi did the same thing in Europe he would be punched by the coach. Some examples how coaches reacts to players' stupidity:

aaquaa, DominantBig and cryout75 like this.
  16. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Yeah, discipline, where is the fvcking discipline!

---------------

Ankara1923 likes this.
  17. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

His whole thread on the rockets is spot on. And it's all on the coaching. Lack of discipline, lack of accountability. No system, no belief, and a culture of losing.

albuster, DeBeards, ArtV and 4 others like this.
  18. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

You can find kpj and Gordon doing this about 5 times a game. You would find alpi do that once every couple games maybe. Yeah, you can go the ‘can’t we point out when alpi makes a mistake?’ route but it is somewhat very odd not to talk about kpj and Gordon’s effort level in general and point out to the one case Alpi is out of effort, where essentially it is kpj and green’s job to pick up that ball.

aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  19. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

EGordon is the worst Rocket for a while. The man does not give a f... Surprisingly he always starts and has a feeling as Ackermann quoted at the beginnig of the season: "Eric starts as long as he stays". Untouchable. Just demote him to start the process of discipline. But not with Tate, with a hard working KJM/Bari.

aaquaa likes this.
  20. TimDuncanDonaut

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]