1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is interesting, but I think KPJ is better than that......he is just struggling with learning to play PG, and not having a clear vision taught to him on what that means.

DD

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

KPJ's athleticism and skillset could make him a fantastic CJMc- or Beal-lite. Instead we out here forcing him to become Harden/Luka.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why do you think getting rid of KPJ is the answer to all of this losing.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

There is no metric that KPJ has been an utter failure.

Once again, you are letting everyone know you should be ignored on this topic.

Why do you KPJ haters have to go to such extremes when talking about him.

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He has the skill, he just lacks the brain.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok he made a bad decision on the P/R he has also made some brilliant decisions on the same play I could do a video of everybody on this team doing something bad.

This is clickbait video because he knows how strongly people feel about KPJ.

It was a terrible shot no doubt.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think he's showing examples of trends.

Why are people upset that people are stating the obvious? KPJ is talented, but not a pg.

daytripper likes this.
  8. Risingred

Risingred Member

Most of the fans here are not hating KPJ, but instead stated that he is not a PG. This team is currently sitting at the worst record of the league. They pointed out KPJ at the PG experiment is a failure, as evidenced by letting him running the offense for over two years and we were at the bottom of the league. Also, his teammates stood there and watched most of the time he touched the ball, you cannot have a PG lost the team this way. The fans offered a solution, which is remove KPJ from the PG and see what will happen. But you, keep arguing KPJ is not the problem and labeled other people who don't like KPJ as a PG as haters. Are you KPJ? If not, why are you so against the idea to make a change when the team has nothing to lose? I can agree that the problem may be or may not be KPJ, but not removing him at the PG will never know whether he is or he is not the problem. What solution has you offered? Nothing. Keep playing KPJ out of his natural position will suddenly one day we will become a good team? We are at the bottom for two consecutive years, and we are on the pace more of the same for the third years. How long do the fans need to wait? You call people extreme. When most people agree on something, they are not extreme. If you want to prove people wrong, tell us why it is not KPJ's problem, offer your solution and give us examples, and I think most people here will be happy to have an intellectual discussion.

Easy, duluth111222 and Carpe82 like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am not saying most of the fans are hating on KPJ, I am pushing back on particular posters.

Removing KPJ at this point would not solve anything, the problem with this team is lack of talent and age and I am willing to let the team continue to look at KPJ as. they want and when they feel the need to pull the plug so be it but what I am not going to do is let these haters try and magnify any weaknesses perceived or real of KPJ and then try and claim it proves he is not the guy or with some posters even a guy.

I just responded to a poster who wants to run him off the team, why did you ignore that guy?

No most people are not willing to have an intellectual discussion because if that was possible we would be having it, 90% of this thread is non intellectual and I have not responded to any post that was a legitimate critique of KPJ.

I have never tried to prove anybody wrong, my entire argument about KPJ is lets at least wait to the end of the season to discuss his game because he has yet to play an entire full season of NBA games.

I am not trying to prove anybody wrong, I am just saying it's early, and we have plenty of time why do people need to take a stance and prove people wrong

My solution is lets wait until the end of the year and judge all of these guys instead of wanting to run any of these guys off or change positions, we are in the beginning of a rebuild yet for some reason everybody and their uncle has figured out KPJ is not a pg or that he needs to come of the bench but for some reason you want me to try and have an intellectual discussion?

With that said I have given plenty of examples of players that KPJ COULD become I guess you missed all of those and the responses, let me say the responses were certainly not intellectual.

10. fchowd0311

It's very simple dude. KPJ is not that level of player where he should be ranked 9th in the NBA in time of possession.

That's for the Trae, Lukas, Hardens of the world

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Jiggy makes some really good points here. Why not try to respond to those instead of attacking him personally?

12. fchowd0311

It's a two way street honestly. He's one of the most confrontational posters in the BBS.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thats-true-jaleel-white-1.gif

Easy, Little Bit and i3artow i3aller like this.
  14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

That’s true, but instead of joining in either respond objectively or ignore him, whichever your preference. I choose to fight with reasonable arguments until i get to frustrated and move on without ignoring. Only one guy has ever got that distinction from me.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is the whipping boy because fans are frustrated, but most fans don't look deeply enough to understand what is going on.....KPJ has good games, bad games and meh games - he is the QB of a **** team.

And he has a **** coach that is ok with him playing however he wants, without any accountability and people get upset that the team sucks and place the blame on the guy with the ball the most - that's fair.

But they generally do not look deeper and see that the coach is not fixing the issues they are harping on.....and then you need to ask yourself, why? Any decent coach could see that our PnR with KPJ where he slows down for the midrange is not working well, but we don't correct it.....why?

Because either Silas is the worst coach of all time, with Lionel Hollins and Lucas on the bench - or the org clearly doesn't care what any of us think and is happily tanking and will try to deal with problems later.

Now, I personally think that is pushing development back years.....but.....it is what the org is doing....so b****ing about it, leads to frayed nerves best to embrace the chaos.

DD

16. bmd

bmd Member

KPJ has the worst TS% of any starting PG in the league. And he’s 46th out of 61 total qualified PG’s in the league.

jordnnnn and clutchdabear like this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok what does that have to do with anything I have said.

How does him playing on a top of the lottery type team factor in to this?

If I use a larger sample size from last year, and he is not the worst, what does that mean?

Just want to get the ground rules or should I just start posting stats willy-nilly without any context?

18. bmd

bmd Member

Last year he had the second lowest TS% of any starting PG and was 43rd out of 68 qualified PG’s in TS%.

jordnnnn and clutchdabear like this.
  19. Risingred

Risingred Member

I also disagree to run KPJ off the team because he's not a bad player, and he's just playing out of his position.

That being said, KPJ is no longer on his rookie contract, "wait to the end of the season to discuss his game" is for players still on a rookie contract or 10-day contract, not for a player paying over 20+ million per season. Also, Rockets completed 14 out of 82 games this season plus majority of last year, there's enough evidence and no sign of KPJ being the PG would work for this team, statistically and perceptually. If developing our young players are our mission, they will not be benefit from KPJ, who is a shoot-first guards and he was very reluctant to move the ball. There was no movement and other players are not getting touches except Green and Sengun, how can we develop the young, for instance, Smith, who is our third pick this way? There's also a misconception that you think we are at the beginning of the rebuild, and we are not. When you turned the ball over so many times and not running any meaningful plays, you were still competitive in some ways. You are not lack of talents and you just need some tweaks of the lineup or a new coach to become decency. I just don't understand why we still have 60+ games to go we have already have to "wait to the end of the season", especially the talents are here. I didn't miss your responses because you never tell us what makes you think playing KPJ at the PG over and over will develop him to be a good one and why you are so against the changes (of moving KPJ to play another position). You said you have never tried to prove anybody wrong, but the point of this discussion is to prove whether most people' argument here, KPJ is not a PG, right or wrong, because, most people are "whipping" KPJ is that he is selfish and kills the flow of the game. Otherwise, there's no point in discussing over 60 pages. On the contrary, you have demonstrated so many times on this thread and tried to prove somebody is wrong, and you said you never did that. That's a conflicting argument you know. I'm not attacking you personally, I'm just curious about why you have so much passionate against the change. Do we have something to lose?

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

KPJ has yet to play an entire season of NBA games if you want to judge him differently because he got a new contract then do that.

I will ignore you and come to my own conclusion after the season.

So why did you ignore the fact that he is playing with a tanking roster?

How does that fit into your analysis?