1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 11/14/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2022.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

dude has aged so much I’m starting to think he works for Deloitte or another Big 4 consulting firm

Ankara1923 and Futron like this.
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Is Eric Gordon trying to sabotage his trade value?

3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Thats how I know you haven’t played on a team before or just not a good team mate.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He shouldn’t be.

Ankara1923 and Futron like this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It worked for Anthony Edwards. He did that for like 40 games.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tari Eason played a measly 14 minutes…9, 3, and 2 steals during that time of course because that’s what he does

I just don’t get it

clos4life, Futron, PeterKingX and 2 others like this.
  7. tzou88

tzou88 Member

The Silas effect, getting rid of this clown might just improve everyone's stats by about 10 points.

Carpe82 and clos4life like this.
  8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Thats not good coaching or being good team mates if that’s the case. Certainly this isn’t what’s happening to this team. That’s not even how this offense works. If you watch Smith posts up. He calls for the ball in the post and on the wings. He was open on fast breaks but just not getting the ball. The Rockets offense has been documented to stall due to selfish play or players not communicating. You coach and play to a players skill set and its not happening.

9. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Regardless how much they like each other, Porter and Green are not a good fit together. They're both too ball dominant to coexist and still get others involved. They wind up playing 2 on 5 with a sprinkle of AlP here and there. Kills the flow of the game. Porter needs to run the 2nd unit that way they both can get there's while getting other's their shot.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Green is significantly less ball dominant than KPJ. The gap is ridiculously wide between KPJ and everyone else. In fact, for comparison, Green is only 7th in his draft class in touches.

[​IMG]

Carpe82, Futron and PeterKingX like this.
  11. MystikArkitect

Wonder if box score watching is the way moving forward. Thought it'd be less frustrating this year but its somehow even more frustrating. If Jalen Green and Sengun weren't on this team....man. Thank God for those two because this team is an absolute chore to watch.

I'm not even looking forward to the draft because what's the point. We gonna till Wemby to sit in the corner? Lol **** off Silas and your little red headed stepchild too.

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

KPJ got 20 points with 18 shots and 15 FTs in 29 mins....

Tell me how did he make it... Jesus ....

The fool Silas said he still doesn’t know why players all look frustrated... Lol

Futron likes this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

The funny thing about that was Silas turned Green into a ball dominant player because thats the only way he can get the ball form KPJ.

#1034 Joe Rocket, Nov 14, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
    red5rocket and Futron like this.
  15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Reminds me of we kept Danuel House for trading, then after a season we cut him finally.

coachbadlee and Futron like this.
  16. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Trust me. I get that. I'm saying JG needs the ball more to reach his potential. KPJ holds him back with his "style". JG needs to be making more decisions. They're not going anywhere this year. Now is the time for him to get that much needed experience for the future.

Carpe82 and PeterKingX like this.
  17. maj21

maj21 Member

I disagree!! They can both play off ball with their shooting and cutting ability. Neither of them should be ball dominant to the point they can’t coexist. It’s not like they’re Luka or Harden. Basically what I’m saying is that this is on Silas and his system, it’s hurting these players

fattz likes this.
  18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Green is not ball dominant. He is our hope.

19. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

KPJ keeps showing why people question him in the starting lineup. Maybe it will get better, but I doubt it. His decision making is laughable at this point. When to shoot. When to pass. When to drive. When to foul. When to STOP F'N DRIBBLING!!!

Facts.

20. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Obviously came across wrong.

"Trust me. I get that. I'm saying JG needs the ball more to reach his potential. KPJ holds him back with his "style". JG needs to be making more decisions. They're not going anywhere this year. Now is the time for him to get that much needed experience for the future."

PeterKingX likes this.