1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need a Point Guard!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, Nov 12, 2022.

?

Do you think we need a new point guard or keep KPJ as our point guard?

1. Keep KPJ

15 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. Trade for a Point Guard

64 vote(s)
    81.0%
  1. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

This is going to sound crazy but I think Westbrook might be a good fit for this team if he comes in with the mindset that he will play more facilitator than scorer. I say him bc he might be a easy get (trade asset wise) and maybe it will make Lakers better

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

The majority of the board has been saying it.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Because the vast majority of people aren't down with what the org is trying to do. I am not saying KPJ is perfect, and he stunk the last game, but the two before that he was damned good.

It is a roller coaster when you are developing - and most people don't have the patience for it....

This is what the org wants, it is what they are trying to do, we can all remain frustrated and b**** all year long - or just ride along and see.

DD

fattz likes this.
  4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I don't think anyone here knows what the organization wants.

For all we know, the Rockets are well aware of the issue, but they are deliberately moving forward with this path because they want to keep losing games, and they want to drive up enough value to trade KPJ for a good return.

One thing is clear, KPJ has absolute development priority on this team, over every other player. Regardless of what the organization is planning, it is absolutely frustrating that the entire team resolves around KPJ when this team is loaded with young talent that need focus as well.

5. DaDakota

I don't think even that is clear.....there is no one else to play the spot on the entire team right now......so we are just going to ride along and see.....

He either eventually gets consistent or he doesn't and he goes......oh well, we suck with him or without him....especially on D....

DD

Corrosion likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I feel similarly, we think we got the organization all figured out but we don't know real ish.

Heck, it doesn't mean they are right all the time, they run into a wall, and run and run till they figured out a way around it or through it.

The organization is bigger than one individual and that is KPJ and I hope they act like it.

clutchdabear and fattz like this.
  7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Without a competent point guard you won't win an championship period.

clutchdabear likes this.
  8. fattz

fattz Member

Or make the playoffs in most cases

clutchdabear likes this.
  9. maj21

maj21 Member

You also won’t win one with a center that can’t play any defense

10. PatBev

PatBev Member

Either KPJ improves as a point guard or he’ll lead you to Scoot, Amen, or Nick Smith Jr.

Everyone wants a veteran point but we might miss out on a top 5 pick if we traded for somebody now

Everybody relax

Corrosion and burlesk like this.
  11. HangTime

HangTime Member

Either way, the rockets need a PG period. The backup position is pathetic, nix looks like some guy off church league that played a little in high school.

clutchdabear likes this.
  12. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

So he isn't a good fit... We know his mindset. If it didn't change for Harden and Lebron it is not going to change for Green. I think he is basically the only PG that is worse for our team than KPJ...

13. Fantasma Negro

Star Josh Christopher

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We need a lot of things lol.

burlesk likes this.
  15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

His contact is set up so they can cut ties after this season. We are tanking so letting him play pg only enhances our draft position. Stone doesn't care because it's irrelevant as we don't have another pg on th roster. Silas loves him obviously but Silas is also the worst coach in the NBA

We just have already seen he's not a pg. He's suited to the 6th man role. That's fine but let's not pretend that a team can win with him at the point. He's a losing player who dribbles the air out of the ball. He's also stunting the growth of our other young players because he's selfish.

I'm personally sick of him. I don't enjoy watching him play. If he wasn't selfish and a drama queen people would probably be more patient with him but he brings this on himself. He's done it every place he's ever played. He's not growing up at all

#55 King1, Nov 14, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
    clutchdabear likes this.
  16. DaDakota

We were discussing this on Rocket's watch with @Clutch and usually you can look at what they are doing and figure out the strategy, but right now? I have nary a clue.......are they tanking, are they seriously in love with KPJ, are they ok without having a proper system, how can Sengun play so well and be benched?

I mean, WTF is their strategy?

Maddening - very maddening.

DD

burlesk likes this.
  17. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

He seemed to do better in Washington then he die in Houston or LA. Again a long shot but I think he is capable

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

There’s a better chance that TyTy can develop into a better point guard (if given the minutes) than what we’ve seen from Porter and Nix. If that’s true then it’s unfortunate that Silas is really that stubborn/dumb

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If Tyty can protect the ball, bring it up the court, move the ball around different spots, he would basically be doing better than Nix/KPJ at PG already.

The "Goon squad" that the Rockets fielded today had Nix, Green, KMJ, Eason and Garuba/Sengun, and it was clear as day Nix was the weakest link. He can't protect the ball and he doesn't hustle.

20. DaDakota

We need a coach first.

DD