1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas 2.0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Good Times

Good Times Member

He’s had the toughest schedule having only played 3 home games while the rest of the league is at 6-7. I think we’re about to go on a winning streak, a young team is much more comfortable playing at home. But the wins don’t really matter to me this season, it’s about development as frustrating as it is to watch players make mistakes these are just 19-20 year olds still learning. I’m two years this is going to be one heck of a team if they can stay together.

2. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas

3. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

hundreds of threads later, ppl still dont relize Tilman will never fire someone before their contract ends to avoid paying more money.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Can you behave like a grown up?

6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Bro what is even this team lol

7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

If they fire silas then who will be coach??

Can someone answer?

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I will take anyone. They will do a better turnaround with this group of talented players than this dumbass.

9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Fire Silas.

The bar is so low he doesn't even have to win and he still can't jump over it.

10. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Keep Silas so we can keep tanking for a high draft pick in 2023 (hopefully Wemby). Once we draft our guy, fire Silas, and trade KPJ please. Find a real point guard and a guy who can actually coach

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Stephen has set the bar so low that you can put anyone into the head coaching role and he has a good chance of performing better. Dude spent almost 2 decades riding pine as an assistant / nepotism case and now we know why he couldn’t find a head coaching job prior to this one.

12. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Tilman was at the game tonight, if he cares he would fire Silas after tonight.

persian hoopa and clutchdabear like this.
  13. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

I hate to break it to you

Rockets34Legend likes this.
  14. ExTxGS

ExTxGS Member

Even u have the worst record, You have %14 chances. Besides; Keeping Silas harms young guys development, and more importantly destroys Rockets organisation. Noone wants to watch this team. Everyday u lose fans all over the World.

15. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

50 cent was there too, Silas gets too much breaks/excuses

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I’m willing to bet the players would respond better and play better if Hollins or Abdelfattah was the head coach.

17. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Even my 9-year-old daughter's basketball coach would run more Green-Segun/Smith pick-and-roll/pops. Very few players will be able to stay in front of Green, Segun can punish with post-play and creativity, and as bad as Smith is shooting right now he is still a threat when left open. Literally just P&R/Ping every single play and letting the young guys react to the other team's D is better than whatever the hell we are currently doing.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and we also know why the instant his hiring was announced both harden and westbrick went public with their trade demands

19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Boy I thought Nash was a terrible coach. But at this point I wouldn’t hesitate to have him replace Silas.

clutchdabear and DreamShook like this.
  20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Is this guy for real?